New Users - Introduce yourself here

Anything and everything.
RevanFan
Legend

Re: New Users - Introduce yourself here

Postby RevanFan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:56 pm

elguapo wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
elguapo wrote:Who would you like see introduce themselves? I nominate Revanfan.

Oh really? Okay, I guess so.

You don't want to nominate anyone?

Not really. If you want to nominate someone in my name, go ahead.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

CamDMC12
Rookie

Postby CamDMC12 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:11 pm

Hey I used FI years ago but never made an account when I downloaded FFXII.

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:51 pm

RevanFan wrote:
elguapo wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Oh really? Okay, I guess so.

You don't want to nominate anyone?

Not really. If you want to nominate someone in my name, go ahead.

I nominate NickyJ with RevanFan's draft pick.

FosterDisbelief
Rookie

Postby FosterDisbelief » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 pm

As a PC gamer who once spent way too many hours deeply involved in various franchise modes, the lack of sports games on the PC has been a constant thorn in my side. FIFA and NBA 2k scratch the itch, but they are far from enough to satisfy me. Then, on Steam, I saw what could be a bright future. A little football game by the name of Axis Football 2017. "Wow," I thought, "it looks much better than it did last year, and with the team and roster mods, it may be just what I need to scratch my sports gaming itch."

Ah, reality.

Don't get me wrong. Axis Football is impressive for a small studio. It has a lot of promise, and with no signs of a PC Madden, it looks like it will be a great substitute eventually. But that is the key word: eventually.

Let me put it this way. I started a franchise using the pro team mod, which gave me the real uniforms, names and rosters of the NFL. I set up my Steelers' depth chart and prepared for my opening game against the Bengals when I noticed there were no divisions. All the teams were just grouped together on a large standings board. "Oh," I thought, "that must be a problem with the pro mod. Let me reinstall the fictional teams, I would rather deal with fake players and strange mascots than a NFL with only one large division."

Oh, there are no divisions with the fictional teams either....

How the holy tap dancing Lannister can you make a pro football game that includes a franchise mode with statistics yet not even divide the teams into conferences, let alone divisions? Talk about taking the wind out of someone's sail. The problem was I already was craving a NFL franchise. What to do? Well, it has been a couple years, but I still have my copy of Madden 08. After I finish modding it up, I'm sure the graphics will be decent, the rosters will be accurate, and the teams will be in divisions. Will wonders never cease?

While I'm at it, I'll probably pull out my High Heat disc and see how current I can get a baseball franchise as well.

Anyway, hey, I'm Foster. I have a phrase for a name and I have really strong opinions on politics and religion that I can back up with facts. I bring that up only on the off chance that someone knows me from elsewhere on the interwebs, and so I can say that I am here to learn about modding Madden 08 and actually modding Madden 08, as well as to have some conversations about sports games, not discuss politics or religion. If you simply must engage me on a controversial topic, I will explain how the last three seasons of Game of Thrones are ebola infected abortions, but all real world issues are for a different location.

With that said, on to modding a 10 year old EA Sports title.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:42 pm

FosterDisbelief wrote:Anyway, hey, I'm Foster. I have a phrase for a name and I have really strong opinions on politics and religion that I can back up with facts. I bring that up only on the off chance that someone knows me from elsewhere on the interwebs, and so I can say that I am here to learn about modding Madden 08 and actually modding Madden 08, as well as to have some conversations about sports games, not discuss politics or religion. If you simply must engage me on a controversial topic, I will explain how the last three seasons of Game of Thrones are ebola infected abortions, but all real world issues are for a different location.

Welcome. Just be mindful of our forum rules. We do not allow politics on the forum, and religious discussions are closely monitored. Feel free to discuss whatever with whomever via PM, though, so long as it's legal and not inconsiderate.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:46 pm

Welcome, Foster, and thanks for the Axis Football review. I had been considering getting the game if it went on sale, but I'll definitely keep the lack of divisions in mind lol. How do playoffs actually work, though? Do they just take the highest rated teams and pit them against each other? I suppose the exact alignment of divisions would cut it too close to NFL licenses, but still....

elguapo wrote:I nominate NickyJ with RevanFan's draft pick.

Voluntold again, feels like that college speech class all over again. Sigh.

Hello, everyone. I'm NickyJ, and I first became involved in the community around 2009 on the oft-mentioned Football-Freaks. My very first post asked if someone had ever made a full NCAA mod for Madden 08. My very second post apologized for asking after a user responded to say it was absurd and that if I really want it I should make it myself. From that point on, I did my best to stay quiet or help out on projects when I could. I got involved in some of the older FF-FI mods, particularly as a player and coach portrait editor. I found my niche there, and even after leaving the FF-FI modding business, I've still focused on portraits, as evidenced by my signature.

I haven't been asked on this site, but I'm going to address it anyway: My username is NOT related to Nicki Minaj. It's part of my first name, plus another part of my name. I used to go just by 'Nicky', but since it is a fairly common name on websites and forums, I use NickyJ instead.

I nominate StingRay68.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Alright, I'll go next.

My first experience with Madden was with Madden 01 on the PC, but I had barely played that game as I just wasn't interested in it back then. However, as I got older, I wanted to play the latest Madden, so I found Madden 08 for $10 on eBay, and I never knew I'd get so, so much playing time for any game that cheap (though the mods are what kept me around). I think it was in 2010 I wanted to buy the next Madden game on PC.... but Madden 09 never came out on PC. After some searching, I found Football-Freaks and I signed up. I was not a prominent member there, but once I downloaded the mods I was hooked. Having the NZA Madden Editor changed everything. (And yes, a bit similarly to Nicky, I had my share of necro-bumps and dumb posts as I was completely new to forums (I was only 15 years old)).

It was when Football-Freaks went down and this website took its place when I got involved with the FF mod and being a moderator. I do miss the old site and I wish I could have been around when all of the original modding breakthroughs happened. But either way, Footballidiot is a website I kinda consider my "home" on the Internet. Nowadays I mostly work on my franchise journals and create draft classes [I've never been a modder, honestly. I only did roster editing for the FF mod]. I guess I have my similarities to Nicky, I've found my "niche" here.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

driftma
Rookie

Postby driftma » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:57 pm

Hey, I'm the guy who likes to play full seasons of sports video games, as in every single team, every single game,with smaller custom schedules so playing all games is more reasonable, reduced game times, but settings to make per game stats somewhat realistic. Tough to do with console versions of games that's why I've started using modded older PC games. I appreciate all the work you modders do, and am willing to pay $$ for it.

I started out in the late 70's playing Sports Illustrated Football (by myself of course), full seasons, stopped in the mid 80's in college. Eventually when computers came about in the early 90s, I picked it up again, using electronic games, starting I believe with Mike Ditka Ultimate Football, and then transitioning into Front Page Sports, then Madden.

Stopped in 2013 with the birth of my twins....looking to maybe start up again. Still have Madden 08 installed on my Alienware.

StingRay68
Hall of Fame

Postby StingRay68 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Let's see, I joined football freaks back in 2006 I think. After being disappointed not to be able to use the franchise editors with Madden 05, I downloaded the source code to madden amp and got involved with trying to fix it so that I could take advantage of the various options for editing my franchise.
I didn't really get involved on the forums until I started researching how to edit and customize the dat files, in particular the player portraits.
Still remember some of my original discussions about it with NICK.
Later in 07, I released the first player portrait editor, which evolved into DEX which is still being used in the community.
Still tinker from time to time in various dat related projects.

Not really going to nominate anyone, but if there are former members from football freaks still around, might be nice to hear from them.

tap2138
Rookie

Postby tap2138 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:54 pm

Hey guys I'm Tyler I am a big fan of the madden franchise modes and love to build my teams from terrible to great. I am new to modding madden 08 but I can't wait to make madden better. I am also in a simulation league that runs a madden 08 game with all completely new teams.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”