New Users - Introduce yourself here

Anything and everything.
RevanFan
Legend

Re: New Users - Introduce yourself here

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:02 pm

Harmer wrote:G'day playmates.
Thanks to the famous Calhoupe script, I've just recently been able to get M08 up and running in Windows 10 from my original dvd.
I'm a fan of NFL, but never mastered M08 and consigned it to the cupboard years ago as too hard.
These days I have a bit more time on my hands and am looking to try and fix that. The main problem is that I'm not prepared to buy a controller just for Madden, but have been thinking about using a voice activation utility (actualy VoiceAttack) to help ease the pain.

I guess the next step is to find info on how to start playing, since the manual is of very little help.

Honestly, don't buy a controller just for Madden. Keyboard controls work just fine. I've never used a controller for Madden.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

5x1c0
Rookie

Postby 5x1c0 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:42 pm

Hello, I'm a new user and spanish speaker, I understand a little english
I love football and the madden pc game!!!
thanks for it's work in this page!!
I'm a lions fan, by the way

Jozur
Rookie

Postby Jozur » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:21 am

Hello, I am here because I wanted to find mods for M08 and I am a panthers fan.

dougc78
Rookie

Postby dougc78 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:17 am

Hi. Fan of NFL.

vegemitebear
Rookie

Postby vegemitebear » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:47 pm

Kiwi living in Australia (much warmer) who looooves the Bears. I gave up on this game so long ago, but today, yes today, I saw this site and it was like a birthday present! Upgraded rosters! woo hoo! and so many other add ons.

Thank you all so much. Your work is very much appreciated.

Da Bears!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:20 pm

vegemitebear wrote:Kiwi living in Australia (much warmer) who looooves the Bears. I gave up on this game so long ago, but today, yes today, I saw this site and it was like a birthday present! Upgraded rosters! woo hoo! and so many other add ons.

Thank you all so much. Your work is very much appreciated.

Da Bears!

Please feel free to check out the Starting Guide for New Players if you haven't already. It'll help you get the most out of your experience. Hopefully you enjoy being back to the game.
My Cowboys Journal

Azimeir
Rookie

Postby Azimeir » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:34 am

New user here. Trying to get Madden 2008 on PC to work with my easysmx controller. Flailing like a flipped turtle.

maya
Rookie

Postby maya » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:21 pm

hello forgive my orthography I'm from Mexico and I'm using the google translator, I really like football I'm QB, I like to play madden, and I want to learn how to modify it in my style, I'm not good but I can learn from you if I they allow it, clear from the beginning as soon as you modify the CustomArt with photoshop, I hope you can find tuttorials of how to modify the uniform of a created team, or the stadiums

thank you, your page seems good

:twisted: MAYA QB #17

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:35 pm

umm, hi everyone. My name is Ryan and I am a footballaholic.

It's true.

When I was a kid growing up in Nebraska everyone was into football. In elementary school I just started playing football with my friends at recess and they were all shouting about John Elway and Joe Montana and I didn't know what they were talking about. So I went looking for football on TV and I found the New York Jets and the Denver Broncos. I knew I couldn't cheer for the Broncos because that was one of my friend's teams .... and the Jets won that day. Monday morning I am out there shouting I am playing for the Jets and all of that nonsense. 30 years later I'm a Jets fan in Nebraska, I still can't get enough of this game.

I started playing video games on an Atari and soon graduated to an 8 bit Nintendo. The only games that really kept my interest were sports games. In particular, Ten Yard Fight, Play Action Football, and Tecmo Bowl. Then Tecmo Super Bowl changed everything, and all I wanted to be was the commissioner of the league and the CEO of every team and control every detail. I've owned all of the Tecmos and every Madden except for 93, and everything after 08, excluding 13. That's on SNES, Genesis, Game Cube, PS, PS2, and PS3. For the PC I have 04, 06, 07, and 08. I don't have 06 installed anymore, and never actually played it. Madden 64 for the old N64 was my all time favorite until I played 04.

I've been doing this Madden 07/ and 08 PC stuff since the week 08 came out on PC in the summer of 2007 and I opted to buy 07 instead, because it was 20% cheaper than 08. I bought 08, maybe a year later, because of the community over at football-freaks. I think I got an email about this site after the sad (and painfully hard to watch) demise of FF. And a few years later, I finally wandered over here.

On that old football-freaks roster floating around somewhere, I am the starting strong safety. :)

Other than football, I enjoy my family, my greyhound, and sixties british rock and roll and those sixties american garage bands and all of that surf guitar stuff. My dad was a Race Car Driver and it was a scene I grew up around. I prefer Open Wheel racing, Sprint Cars mainly. Indy Cars and Formula 1 are my major league of choice.

I appreciate grudlies and revanfan and each of you in the community for keeping this fun. AND AVAILABLE!! My only complaint :lol: is the name of the website. I enjoyed being a football freak, but I find being a football idiot offensive. :lol: I do enjoy the tag line, "A site for the rest of us." because I am damn happy to be here with the rest of you.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:42 pm

KO'BBF wrote:I appreciate grudlies and revanfan and each of you in the community for keeping this fun. AND AVAILABLE!! My only complaint :lol: is the name of the website. I enjoyed being a football freak, but I find being a football idiot offensive. :lol: I do enjoy the tag line, "A site for the rest of us." because I am damn happy to be here with the rest of you.

Since when are you a new member!? Haha.

Don't thank me for anything. Dave set this site up and runs it. I just joined it an hour after he set it up.

The tagline eh? I guess this is the Festivus of websites. I'll get the aluminum pole.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”