What're YOU Playing? I

Anything and everything.
trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Postby trey31 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:32 pm

AaronS wrote:I caved......

I'm a total loser.

Need to find the Madden Anonymous Chapter in Seattle..

We had to house-sit for my sister while they were on vacation.... my nephews had Madden 17. They corrupted me.

I'm actually enjoying Madden Ultimate Team. There are some old school Packers I'm chasing, Favre, Reggie, Sharpe, Freeman, Ahman Green... sad to say, I'm enjoying myself.

... the gameplay is solid. The visuals really are a treat.

If this were on PC, we'd all be playing.

BLASPHEMY! Someone BAN HAMMER AaronS asap!

Jk. You'll come back. They all come back. I went from M06 to PS3 M09, then back to M06, then back to PS3 for M12, then back to M06, then back to M12 after M25 came out and disappointed pretty much like M13 did... Then I saw the light. YouTube recommended a FF/FI gameplay video while I was in the middle of a massive 32-team Franchise Mod with rosters/coaches/schedule updates for PS3 and 360. I bailed and have been here ever since.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:08 pm

I will say it now. Madden 12 has the best gameplay experience in Madden history. The running game is fast and fluid, the passing game feels natural, and playing on defense is awesome. Outside of the gameplay, it's just as good. The soundtrack, while not my favorite, is absolutely amazing, the franchise modes are deep and customization is great, the graphics are detailed and the stadiums are accurate, and Create a Team is amazing as usual.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:42 pm

I cringe whenever I watch videos of Madden 17/18, it just looks so cheesy and arcadey. Madden 12 on PS3 was very good, and actually looked more like the previous gen games in terms of gameplay

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:40 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:I cringe whenever I watch videos of Madden 17/18, it just looks so cheesy and arcadey. Madden 12 on PS3 was very good, and actually looked more like the previous gen games in terms of gameplay

M12 for 360/ps3 was my favorite, too. I did enjoy '09 for 360, but the '09 for original XBOX was still better.

I my opinion, All-Pro Football 2k8 is an awesome game. But, I get bored of the generic logos....guess I'm shallow.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:01 am

AaronS wrote:I caved......

I'm a total loser.

Need to find the Madden Anonymous Chapter in Seattle..

We had to house-sit for my sister while they were on vacation.... my nephews had Madden 17. They corrupted me.

I'm actually enjoying Madden Ultimate Team. There are some old school Packers I'm chasing, Favre, Reggie, Sharpe, Freeman, Ahman Green... sad to say, I'm enjoying myself.

... the gameplay is solid. The visuals really are a treat.

If this were on PC, we'd all be playing.

I wouldn't be. I refuse to play rotten microtransaction-laden hellholes. I won't play new Madden, I won't play the new Battlefront, I won't play Shadow of War... not if they put ridiculous, game-altering microtransactions into full priced AAA games. No, I refuse to support such horrible practices.

I'll stick to games that aren't trying to rip all of the money from my wallet, and then when I'm dead and gone, are still trying to take the money from my corpse. That's what AAA gaming is turning into, and it's really... sad.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:27 am

1312qohelet wrote:
cyclone2426 wrote:I cringe whenever I watch videos of Madden 17/18, it just looks so cheesy and arcadey. Madden 12 on PS3 was very good, and actually looked more like the previous gen games in terms of gameplay

M12 for 360/ps3 was my favorite, too. I did enjoy '09 for 360, but the '09 for original XBOX was still better.

I my opinion, All-Pro Football 2k8 is an awesome game. But, I get bored of the generic logos....guess I'm shallow.

Yeah if we're talking gameplay and including non-Madden games, 2K all the way, APF 2K8 and NFL 2K5 were tops.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:08 am

RevanFan wrote:I wouldn't be. I refuse to play rotten microtransaction-laden hellholes. I won't play new Madden, I won't play the new Battlefront, I won't play Shadow of War... not if they put ridiculous, game-altering microtransactions into full priced AAA games. No, I refuse to support such horrible practices.

I'll stick to games that aren't trying to rip all of the money from my wallet, and then when I'm dead and gone, are still trying to take the money from my corpse. That's what AAA gaming is turning into, and it's really... sad.

Although I understand your point.... Three words: Mass Effect DLCs.

We forgive you, Aaron. :lol: You've been a loyal soldier, so enjoy yourself.

Anyway, I'm relearning the joys of Madden NFL 08 online and the pains of a completely default game install crashing way too often. Plus in the one game we completed, we threw a combined 18 interceptions. That was interesting.

Along with that, I've gotten back into racing some Nascar Racing 2003 Season online races. For a 14 year old game, it's still lots of fun to mod, especially when you can edit the pit crews. I'll never miss my pit stall again.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:04 pm

NickyJ wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I wouldn't be. I refuse to play rotten microtransaction-laden hellholes. I won't play new Madden, I won't play the new Battlefront, I won't play Shadow of War... not if they put ridiculous, game-altering microtransactions into full priced AAA games. No, I refuse to support such horrible practices.

Although I understand your point.... Three words: Mass Effect DLCs.

DLCs are NOTHING compared to microtransactions that continue to suck the life out of a game and suck the money out of your wallet. And games that have microtransactions are designed so that gameplay becomes a grindy slog to almost force you into buying them. DLC doesn't do that. DLC is, "Hey, want some extra content? Here's some extra content." Microtransactions are, "Hey, we designed this part of the game to be annoyingly difficult. We have a way for you to get out of it! Give us the 'best offer' of $99.99 and we'll give you some exclusive loot that you can't normally get until 6 hours down the line!"
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:35 pm

RevanFan wrote:DLCs are NOTHING compared to microtransactions that continue to suck the life out of a game and suck the money out of your wallet. And games that have microtransactions are designed so that gameplay becomes a grindy slog to almost force you into buying them. DLC doesn't do that. DLC is, "Hey, want some extra content? Here's some extra content." Microtransactions are, "Hey, we designed this part of the game to be annoyingly difficult. We have a way for you to get out of it! Give us the 'best offer' of $99.99 and we'll give you some exclusive loot that you can't normally get until 6 hours down the line!"

Maybe, but does Madden actually force people to use those microtransactions? I thought that the basics of it are all there: 2017 roster, franchise mode, superstar mode/whatever its equivalent is now, and online play. Anything else that you'd buy is basically DLC. Definitely not something you'd be forced to pay for to have a good time.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:06 pm

I got sick of my projects, mostly. I've started dozens and only finished a handful of them, and I've tweaked my '95-'98 rosters endlessly. I needed some game time.

The gameplay issues are alive and well, that's for sure.

I've had 3 field goals blocked, 2 that would have been game winners. LOL.. Rubberbanding (comeback code) is evident, and over the top... The running game is brutal. You'll have a clear lane, I'm talking huge, but if you slightly rub your lineman, the defender disengages and drops you like a box of rocks... Overall though, I wouldn't say its any worse than '04-'08. Each version had its quirks and major issues.

I hear you on teh DLCs/pay content, RevanFan. I do feel a bit like a wh*re, but unless I invest dozens of hours of gametime, I won't get what I want out of the experience. Essentially, I bought another game. Considering the only other game I plan to buy this year is Red Dead II, I'm okay with it.

I like the visuals. The stadiums are amazing. The player models look cheesy at times, but to me overall it seems like a big step up. At the least its something new.

I suspect the novelty will wear off, but for now, I'm really enjoying it.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”