Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:10 pm

JSamuel wrote:
Austinmario13 wrote:Minecraft

**High five**

What servers do you play on?

Cubecraft, Mineplex, Brawl. I have 2b2t on my list of servers, but I have yet to get into it.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:16 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:Minecraft
Madden 08 PC
NCAA 10-14
Chris Sawyers Locomotion
Turbo Dismount/Magic Duels (Steam)
With Myself....

JSamuel wrote:**High five**

What servers do you play on?

That game was my entire middle school life... I started playing in 7th grade and must have played non-stop up until the autumn of 10th grade. Pretty crazy how time flies...

I actually came across Minecraft because of the Hunger Games series. The movies were so enticing that I wanted to play a video game version of it - I ended up coming across the old MCSG server network and the rest was history. I played survival games there for so many years, led a few clans, was very active in that community, and even was a staff member for almost a year. MCSG had the best survival games and every other server network was a knockoff. They ended up changing to MCGamer Network in 2014 sometime. It all started falling apart though (especially the staff team which turned into a dictatorship with an owner that frankly couldn't give two shits) and I resigned and left the community for good to focus on my life (first girlfriend, school started getting busy, etc).

That was when I think I left Minecraft for good, never really played much at all after that. Last I heard of that community, the owner shut it down out of the blue a few months ago, pissing off pretty much everyone that was still there and that had been there from the start. It was pretty sad, seeing it decay from the inside. I got bored of Minecraft because I pretty much overdosed on it. It appears to be pretty dead now too, or so I've heard.
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:39 pm

Minecraft is not even close to being dead... if anything, it's getting more popular. They're making more versions of the game and the game itself is being updated constantly so you never get bored.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:10 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:Minecraft is not even close to being dead... if anything, it's getting mod popular. They're making more versions of the game and the game itself is being updated constantly so you never get bored.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a while before Minecraft dies.

I used to play on mcmagic.us... that server is pretty cool. It's a complete replica of Disney World! I mean, seriously, you can even ride all the rides and go into all the shops!

I got pissed when that server was sold. The new ownership has done away with the website, has made the server more difficult to access, and there are multiple problems with the resource pack, warps, and rides.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Madden 08, NBA 2k14, microsoft chess titans ( yea don't hate on me got to keep that mind sharp lol ) and occasionally the classic minesweeper....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:45 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:...microsoft chess titans....minesweeper...

*fist bump* "swag"

I consider myself the reigning world expert on minesweeper. Chess Titans isn't included with Windows 10, but I downloaded a similar chess app from the Windows Store.

I was never very good at chess. Are you good?

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:41 pm

Every year or so, I get an itch to revisit an old SNES game, Liberty or Death. It's a Revolutionary War strategy game. KOEI, YEARS ahead of its time.

The game is somewhat slanted toward the Continental side (US).. it's rediculously difficult to win as the British.

I'm astounded this concept hasn't been redone/remade. The depth, accuracy and gameplay is remarkable, even for a game over 20 years old. With an interface overhaul and a graphics update, it would probably be Game of the Year.

SteelersFTW101
Pro Bowl

Postby SteelersFTW101 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:18 pm

AaronS wrote:Every year or so, I get an itch to revisit an old SNES game, Liberty or Death. It's a Revolutionary War strategy game. KOEI, YEARS ahead of its time.

The game is somewhat slanted toward the Continental side (US).. it's rediculously difficult to win as the British.

I'm astounded this concept hasn't been redone/remade. The depth, accuracy and gameplay is remarkable, even for a game over 20 years old. With an interface overhaul and a graphics update, it would probably be Game of the Year.

this game sounds interesting.... i own an SNES.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:45 am

JSamuel wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:...microsoft chess titans....minesweeper...

*fist bump* "swag"

I consider myself the reigning world expert on minesweeper. Chess Titans isn't included with Windows 10, but I downloaded a similar chess app from the Windows Store.

I was never very good at chess. Are you good?

I'm alright at Chess, not a master by any means but I could give a good run for the money /average player so to speak.....

I'm not that good at minesweeper any more lol, I used to be great at it when I was in grade school ....living in the 90's that was the only pc game we could play lol on the computer at school....and it was better than the comet blaster boring games it at least made you think mathematically a bit lol....

Good times man good times lol

Hey if you want I can send you a file with the "microsoft" chess titans game....it's the same version and you can install it on windows 8 or 10.....plus they fixed the pawn jumping glitch where magically sometimes the pawn on the cpu side goes 3 spaces up instead of 2 and also takes out your pawn illegally via a "glide jump" by 2 squares diagonally lol when your pawn is no where near the cpu one lol....crazy glitch but it's fixed in this version...
MS is stupid with removing games from W10 like pinball and chess titans/internet checkers solitare etc....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:11 pm

Anyone who likes classic windows games and is ticked that MS did away with them in Win 8/10 here is your solution.....

3d pinball (windows xp game of arcade pinball)....

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows ... adet-game/

Windows solitaire, internet checkers/spades, purble place, chess titans etc...

http://winaero.com/download.php?view.1836

All these games are compatible and work with Windows 7/8/10.....just install and play :)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”