Turning 18

Anything and everything.
ycleped
Hall of Fame

Turning 18

Postby ycleped » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:39 am

It just feels crazy weird... I feel all these emotions at once, and I'm not really sure how to feel.

I remember when I was 7 years old, thinking about how long it would take to reach the age of 18. I remember realizing that it would be more than the time of my whole life at that point, doubled.

But time is subjective.... It's not constant.

When you're 7, each year is only 1/7th of your life. It feels like an eternity, it goes so slow because its a big piece of the pie.

When you're 70.... each year is 1/70th of your life. A year in comparison to your whole life feels like a second, time moves so fast.

The older you age, the faster time moves. Time is subjective, it's all about perspective...
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

Turning 18

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Turning 18

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:56 am

Happy birthday......

Stay young because getting old sucks ;)

Don't blink because just yesterday I was 18 and now I'm 50 :o

ZionEagle
Veteran

Postby ZionEagle » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:17 am

ycleped wrote:It just feels crazy weird... I feel all these emotions at once, and I'm not really sure how to feel.

I remember when I was 7 years old, thinking about how long it would take to reach the age of 18. I remember realizing that it would be more than the time of my whole life at that point, doubled.

When you're 7, each year is only 1/7th of your life. It feels like an eternity, it goes so slow because its a big piece of the pie.

When you're 70.... each year is 1/70th of your life. A year in comparison to your whole life feels like a second, time moves so fast.

The older you age, the faster time moves. Time is subjective, it's all about perspective...

Well, no matter how you feel about turning 18, I hope you have a good birthday regardless. I feel you on that part about being 7 and thinking that the teen years were so far off.

This line though,
Time is subjective, it's all about perspective...

That could totally be turned into a rap :lol:
Winners never quit, and quitters never win- Vince Lombardi

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:07 pm

Congratulations dude, 18 is a big one. I hope you have a happy birthday.

ycleped wrote:I remember when I was 7 years old, thinking about how long it would take to reach the age of 18.

Yeah, same here. Now that I'm 15, I'm definitely noticing a difference in how fast the years pass... and I've only had 15 of them. :?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:14 pm

I'll tell you what. For me, 18 sucked. But 19? 19 was freaking awesome. It was worth the sucky 18th year to get to the 19th year. Of course, 20 became a whole new nightmare, but I'm not going to talk about that.

Anyway, happy birthday! Hopefully your 18th year will be what mine wasn't, and here's hoping your years to come are awesome.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:12 pm

ycleped wrote:It just feels crazy weird... I feel all these emotions at once, and I'm not really sure how to feel.

Happy birthday.

There are also biological reasons for the faster perception of time, as we age.
The human brain does not reach full maturity until we are in our mid-20's. Which, for me was about the time the years started going faster and faster.

It proves your point also, though.
As our brains develop, often our perspectives change and develop.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:55 pm

RevanFan wrote:I'll tell you what. For me, 18 sucked. But 19? 19 was freaking awesome. It was worth the sucky 18th year to get to the 19th year. Of course, 20 became a whole new nightmare, but I'm not going to talk about that.

Anyway, happy birthday! Hopefully your 18th year will be what mine wasn't, and here's hoping your years to come are awesome.

I hope you don't mind me asking... what made your 18th year so bad? I'm curious.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:21 pm

JSamuel wrote:
RevanFan wrote:I'll tell you what. For me, 18 sucked. But 19? 19 was freaking awesome. It was worth the sucky 18th year to get to the 19th year. Of course, 20 became a whole new nightmare, but I'm not going to talk about that.

I hope you don't mind me asking... what made your 18th year so bad? I'm curious.

I do mind, actually.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:08 pm

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys. Proud to be a part of this great community.
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:11 pm

RevanFan wrote:
JSamuel wrote:

I do mind, actually.

If it's that bad, then I don't want to know. :mrgreen:

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”