My State Has Passed a Milestone!!!

Anything and everything.
RevanFan
Legend

Re: My State Has Passed a Milestone!!!

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:32 pm

Governor Cuomo today updated us that, while we're still sorely lacking in beds and ventilators, we're gaining beds by turning the Javits Center, Stony Brook, and a few other places into hospitals, and they're looking into converting most if not every SUNY and CUNY dormitory into a hospital. As for the ventilators, we are at 12,000 now but we need 30,000 in two to three weeks. Right now they're experimenting with splitting one ventilator between two beds, but that's a work in progress. Italy did it, but they did it very haphazardly because they had no other choice. New York wants to take these beginning stages to test it more thoroughly.

Infections are now at 37,258, deaths at 385. My county of Dutchess has 190 cases. New York City accounts for around 21,000 of the known cases. Cuomo said he wouldn't be surprised if there were thousands of more cases than we know about due to people not getting terribly ill and not getting tested, and also the initial lack of test availability, but he made sure to point out that was his personal opinion and not guaranteed to be accurate. What we do know for sure is that it spreads very quickly, it infects ALL AGE GROUPS (even children, though they seem to be spared from having bad cases normally), and it can kill all age groups, but primarily kills the elderly and immunocompromised. And as Governor Cuomo stated yesterday, even if only 1, 2, or 3 percent die, that small percentage is "my mother, your mother, my cousin, your sister." Every life matters, and to save lives, stay home.

As for restarting the economy, he said they're looking into getting testing ready to see if you carry antibodies for the virus. If you do, he said that would mean you already had it and it resolved, so you should be safe to resume normal activity. But it's gonna be a while before everyone can be tested, even though that test is simply just doing a blood test. New York has 19 million people. You can't test 19 million people in a day.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

KeepinItTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby KeepinItTeal » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:40 pm

Wow, scary news from here in NE Fla... former Jaguars OT Tony Boselli tested positive for Covid-19 and was in the ICU at a Jax hospital. Thankfully he has apparently turned the corner and is doing better. For anyone who thinks this is only dangerous for the elderly or those with existing conditions, think again.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:23 pm

sarcasticface wrote:
KeepinItTeal wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:Dude, violation of site rules right there. And don't talk to me about being selfish when you're the one who wanted to sue someone for using a Super Bowl logo that you edited yourself.

Did you honestly just compare rightfully enforcing a copyright with recklessly/intentionally going out and potentially spreading a virus that could kill someone? Wow, I mean just wow. :shock: :roll:

Did you just compare rightfully enforcing a copyright with the 1st amendment of the constitution of A-f•cking-merica (aka me rightfully going and gathering in a group of 10+ people)?

1. It's not reckless.
2. I don't have the virus, so I'm not even potentially spreading it.
3. Like 99% of deaths were people with underlying health issues already.

I can't believe you didn't have anyone you love in "the group of risk"

I really don't want to lose my parents for a f**** flu
'cause the hospital are all full...

Theov
MVP

Postby Theov » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:57 am

sarcasticface wrote:In my state, the Governor threatened to punish people in gatherings of 10+. So what did I decide to do? Go to a party with 46 people. Not like they can actually punish me, though. I don't mean to get political here, but the 1st amendment states:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

"Congress shall make no law...prohibiting...the right of the people peaceably to assemble."

Why do you think it's a bad idea to gather in large groups at the moment?
No signature needed.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:15 pm

For all the people who aren't taking this seriously or thinking about their impact on others.....watch this video....this is why you should stay inside....otherwise you end up in a body bag on ice.....

For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

GiantsRose
Rookie

Postby GiantsRose » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:37 pm

Theov wrote:
sarcasticface wrote:In my state, the Governor threatened to punish people in gatherings of 10+. So what did I decide to do? Go to a party with 46 people. Not like they can actually punish me, though. I don't mean to get political here, but the 1st amendment states:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

"Congress shall make no law...prohibiting...the right of the people peaceably to assemble."

Why do you think it's a bad idea to gather in large groups at the moment?

I think people should have to have a mask and gloves if they plan to gather not flat out ban gathering. The no gathering thing has been exploited by the governor of VA & NJ to pass legislation people were previously protesting. Also I have food ran out to my car so it begs the question; why can't the women that owns a flower shop do the same instead of potentially lose her business? 99.9% of the people saying "uhhhh safety!" don't even wear gloves at the gas station, how do I know? I'm the only one I seen that does lol

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”