What're YOU Playing? I

Anything and everything.
User avatar
1312qohelet
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Hill Side

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:23 am

rogerjinx wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:
rogerjinx wrote:Been busy playing X-Com 2.. without Long War Mod.

Have you played "THE BUREAU: X-COM DECLASSIFIED"?
I have owned it for a long time, but haven't played it yet....it's just been sitting on my shelf for years - lol
From what I understand it's not exactly an "X-Com" game, but is spiritually related.

I've heard it's an okay game, not great.
I guess I should load it up someday and find out.


I have tried it once but didnt appeal to me (maybe because my pc that time doesnt meet the recommended specs..). Now that you mentioned it, maybe I will try it now.. Thanks for bringing it up..

Maybe I will try it now, too - lol

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
NickyJ
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2445
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Postby NickyJ » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:32 am

1312qohelet wrote:I'm playing through L.A. NOIRE on PS3, for the second time.
I really enjoyed it the first time...several years ago. I like it even more right now.

I enjoyed the scenery and the street crimes more than the overall story. Too many times, I presented evidence that actually made sense instead of just doubting. :evil:
Image

User avatar
1312qohelet
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1562
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Hill Side

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:10 pm

NickyJ wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:I'm playing through L.A. NOIRE on PS3, for the second time.
I really enjoyed it the first time...several years ago. I like it even more right now.

I enjoyed the scenery and the street crimes more than the overall story. Too many times, I presented evidence that actually made sense instead of just doubting. :evil:

True. The game falls short in several areas.

User avatar
IndyRevoly
Veteran
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:46 am

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Postby IndyRevoly » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:23 pm

I've got a couple dozen games installed at any given time (I game almost exclusively on my PC), but these are the ones I've been putting work in on lately:

- Madden NFL 08, now and forever. Currently testing sliders with the intention of starting a new franchise whenever Rogerjinx releases the franchise file, following the instructions in whatever the last big franchise guide was on the forum was;
- Cities: Skylines, booty from my raid of the Steam Summer Sale;
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, mostly because it's free and mostly because I feel better about the amount of money I spent on this computer when I'm running this at 60 fps with all the settings maxed;
- Heroes of the Storm, which a friend just started getting me into;
- Just Cause, the first one, more booty from the Steam Summer Sale. I played demos of it and 2 to death years ago and 3 looks like pure ecstasy, so I thought I'd work my way up to it (and maybe give 3 a little time for its price to come down even further; I picked up 2 in the sale as well);
- Kerbal Space Program, which hates me and I hate it (people always voluntarily spend dozens of hours of their lives doing things they hate, shut up);
- Sunless Sea, which I haven't really been playing the last few weeks but am meaning to change. Game is completely freakin' rad.

Now that's I've gotten a new breakaway cable for my wired 360 PC controller, I've been meaning to check out Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! which I picked up along with the rest of the games in the series during the aforementioned sale.
#71,890,810,827,091 on the list of things that I can't do
Image

User avatar
trey31
MVP
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:48 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, Cowtown USA
Contact:

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Postby trey31 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:19 am

IndyRevoly wrote:Madden NFL 08, now and forever. Currently testing sliders with the intention of starting a new franchise whenever Rogerjinx releases the franchise file, following the instructions in whatever the last big franchise guide was on the forum was


Please post your results somewhere on here when you finish. I did a lot of attribute testing last winter and included some limited blocking slider testing and found that in HUM v CPU games, blocking sliders seem to have little or no effect at all.

Also consider using only one run play, one pass play, and one defensive play for all tests if possible. Removes the possibility of widely variable outcomes based on PLYT tags and/or different player assignments. Also don't send more defensive rushers than blockers for the pass play. I created new formations for my testing, used 5 blockers (OL) and 5 rushers (DL) all aligned evenly, but I have OCD...
"Furthermore, Carthage must be destroyed."

User avatar
IndyRevoly
Veteran
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:46 am

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Postby IndyRevoly » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:12 am

trey31 wrote:Please post your results somewhere on here when you finish. I did a lot of attribute testing last winter and included some limited blocking slider testing and found that in HUM v CPU games, blocking sliders seem to have little or no effect at all.

Also consider using only one run play, one pass play, and one defensive play for all tests if possible. Removes the possibility of widely variable outcomes based on PLYT tags and/or different player assignments. Also don't send more defensive rushers than blockers for the pass play. I created new formations for my testing, used 5 blockers (OL) and 5 rushers (DL) all aligned evenly, but I have OCD...

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I don't mean "testing" the sliders in the same sense that people on this forum usually do. I'll be happy to oblige, but I don't change sliders to sim the computer's games in franchises, or run many simulations of sliders to analyze the stats they output--I find slightly tweaking them every couple of games in general to be a big enough pain in the ass--I usually just try to find the quarter length for simmed games and played games that give an amount of plays close to a typical NFL game's so that (hopefully) I'll get some stats where my players aren't always first or last by a country mile in every category. I really like 08, and I get more great games out of it than terrible (or even mildly lousy), but it demands constant slider tweaking, at least for a really long time. I've been playing at least a couple of games a week for almost ten years now and only finally feel like I've found a place where I can just leave them and play through 16-20 games and feel like I'm getting a fair shake.

As far as stuff like "don't send more defensive rushers than blockers for the pass play" and things like this go, the rationale for it is totally over my head (and from the prior paragraph I'm sure you realize it's not something I'll be doing) and all I can think of is arena football's blitzing rules and my associated thoughts of "well if you basically can't blitz, of course the games will be high-scoring!" Don't take this as a knock against arena football though, that crap's crazy fun when you're dying for the real thing in the off-season.

Edit: Re: HMU vs. CPU blocking sliders, very interested on whatever details you may have on this.

Edit 2: If you're wondering, there isn't a huge amount of scientific method to how I tweak the sliders. I consider how various elements relevant to a given slider went in my last few games, consider the attributes of the players who would be most affected by those stats, and adjust the sliders (usually very slightly) accordingly based on what 9+ years of experience adjusting the damn things have taught me. I can't get the sliders lopsided enough to make All-Pro a challenge anymore, so I've been trying to find the sweet spot on All-Madden for a while. I think I'm close. Pray for me!
#71,890,810,827,091 on the list of things that I can't do
Image

User avatar
trey31
MVP
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:48 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, Cowtown USA
Contact:

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Postby trey31 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:28 am

IndyRevoly wrote:Edit: Re: HMU vs. CPU blocking sliders, very interested on whatever details you may have on this.

Edit 2: If you're wondering, there isn't a huge amount of scientific method to how I tweak the sliders. I consider how various elements relevant to a given slider went in my last few games, consider the attributes of the players who would be most affected by those stats, and adjust the sliders (usually very slightly) accordingly based on what 9+ years of experience adjusting the damn things have taught me. I can't get the sliders lopsided enough to make All-Pro a challenge anymore, so I've been trying to find the sweet spot on All-Madden for a while. I think I'm close. Pray for me!


I think it's here http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19346, but that was the second thread I did so it might be in the thread before it about blocking attributes. Maybe page 2 or 3 of General Discussion. Heed the spoiler warnings though. Eye opening stuff in there.
"Furthermore, Carthage must be destroyed."

User avatar
IndyRevoly
Veteran
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:46 am

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Postby IndyRevoly » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:20 pm

trey31 wrote:I think it's here http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19346, but that was the second thread I did so it might be in the thread before it about blocking attributes. Maybe page 2 or 3 of General Discussion. Heed the spoiler warnings though. Eye opening stuff in there.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Player Attributes in Madden" Hahahahahaha! This looks great. I think I'm going to enjoy reading it. 8-)
#71,890,810,827,091 on the list of things that I can't do
Image

User avatar
trey31
MVP
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:48 pm
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, Cowtown USA
Contact:

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Postby trey31 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:34 pm

IndyRevoly wrote:"Everything you never wanted to know about Player Attributes in Madden" Hahahahahaha! This looks great. I think I'm going to enjoy reading it. 8-)


http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19331 I think this thread is the one discussing blocking sliders. Mostly the same stuff as the other thread but before I tested every attribute. Also some info/screenshot on Madden scripts and how they may be affecting certain aspects of the gameplay more than the attributes are.
"Furthermore, Carthage must be destroyed."

User avatar
IndyRevoly
Veteran
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:46 am

Re: What're YOU Playing? I

Postby IndyRevoly » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:14 pm

trey31 wrote:http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=19331 I think this thread is the one discussing blocking sliders. Mostly the same stuff as the other thread but before I tested every attribute. Also some info/screenshot on Madden scripts and how they may be affecting certain aspects of the gameplay more than the attributes are.


Thanks a lot, Trey! Hopefully this will help me finish sorting my sliders out. Unfortunately, while I learned a lot, I didn't enjoy reading your attribute thread very much at all. :cry:
#71,890,810,827,091 on the list of things that I can't do
Image


Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests