I Downgraded to Windows 7 on Windows 10 Computer

Anything and everything.
ultimatum77
MVP

Re: I Downgraded to Windows 7 on Windows 10 Computer

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:17 am

RevanFan wrote:
Kriegsmarine wrote:I'll be hanging on to my USB stick with a completely clean Windows 7 Ultimate until the day I die.

I was never able to get Windows 7 onto a drive. I'm hoping I can one day get a job at a company that has 7 Enterprise and load at least one computer and one stick with that. I mean, I'm not totally against 10. I just think 7 is much better. I'll one day want 10 as at least one partition on my gaming computer, for Windows Store exclusive games.

My dream computer has three OS installations. Windows 7 (Ultimate or Enterprise), Windows 10 (Ultimate or Enterprise), and Ubuntu. I've installed several other distros in VMs to try them out, but I prefer Ubuntu. Possibly because I'm used to using it at school a lot, as well as on one of my laptops.

Bro, its super easy to get windows onto a usb stick....use a program like Rufus or AOEMI partition manager and then follow the steps to make a "windows to go" drive....albeit it is much easier to do this with windows 8.1 or W10 rather than Win7 which may require side loading a few drivers.

If you have the latest win 8.1 May 2017 iso and use these tools to create a Wintogo Win 8.1 install it works fabulously with games....very handy plug n play to any computer and all your files are stored in your tiny key length usb drive lol.....

for those who care...I recommend kingston's aluminum key drives like the DTSE9 model (16gb) or other sizes as they are super fast, reliable (mine survived an accidental laundry wash and dry) and still works great....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:59 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:for those who care...I recommend kingston's aluminum key drives like the DTSE9 model (16gb) or other sizes as they are super fast, reliable (mine survived an accidental laundry wash and dry) and still works great....

I will have to look into those. I have a 32 GB Toshiba drive, but it has a lot of issues in which it won't be recognized by my computers randomly (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), and I sometimes get "there are errors on this drive" messages when it was working not 10 minutes prior, and then it works again 10 minutes later. I need something more reliable.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

trey31
MVP

Postby trey31 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:01 pm

I have some PNY 128gb thumb drives. Never had any issues with them.

ultimatum77
MVP

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:47 am

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:for those who care...I recommend kingston's aluminum key drives like the DTSE9 model (16gb) or other sizes as they are super fast, reliable (mine survived an accidental laundry wash and dry) and still works great....

I will have to look into those. I have a 32 GB Toshiba drive, but it has a lot of issues in which it won't be recognized by my computers randomly (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), and I sometimes get "there are errors on this drive" messages when it was working not 10 minutes prior, and then it works again 10 minutes later. I need something more reliable.

Yea toshiba has had issues with the drive failing/clicking. It also could be your usb cable is old/frayed somewhere and it can cause errors. I had an older drive with a beatup usb cable and the problem of random access of the drive turning on /off in windows went away when I replaced the usb cable....with a thicker gauge cable and newer cable. It may be helpful to try that.

I recommend Western Digital drives they are great and run very well.....External passport 2tb are very good/reliable. I have a 9 year old WD 1.5TB external that is still working and very reliable.

Definitely backup your drive if you can though even onto your desktop hard drive.....

this is a newer similar version of what I use....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LQQHEPA?psc=1
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”