Front Page Sports Football Pro '95 & '96 work on a Tablet!!!

genzor
Rookie

Re: Front Page Sports Football Pro '95 & '96 work on a Table

Postby genzor » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:13 am

frankballer could u please share with me dosbox turbo 1.5.0?? i really need it in order to can play the game n enjoy that jewel....thanks in advance mate ;)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Redwolf
Veteran

Postby Redwolf » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:29 pm

genzor wrote:frankballer could u please share with me dosbox turbo 1.5.0?? i really need it in order to can play the game n enjoy that jewel....thanks in advance mate ;)

Dude, it's only like $3. Go to the google play store and buy it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... 3Nib3giXQ..

...and if u are wanting to play on your pc instead of your android tablet, then just google "dosbox" - it is free. ;)

genzor
Rookie

Postby genzor » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:43 pm

mate,don't doubt i tried it many times,i prefer paying 3$ than being hours searching it on google with no results,indeed -__- the problem is that (dont know why) everytime i try to buy with my credit card it says me the same (ive tried several times) :

You have successfully updated your payment information for Google Order #750521368542641. Fishsticks From Guam may now charge and fulfill your order.

'' Order date: Oct 12, 2012 5:44 PM PDT
Google order number: 750521368542641 - Fishsticks From Guam Order #12999763169054705758.1317770096820785
Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Digital delivery 1 DosBox Turbo €2.99
Tax : €0.00
Total: €2.99''

and seconds later it says me it couldnt be done :
''Your Google Order #750521368542641 with Fishsticks From Guam is currently on hold. An attempt to charge your MASTERCARD xxx-5984 for €2.99 on Oct 13.
If you'd still like to receive this order make sure to update your payment information in your Google Wallet account, rather than placing a new order. If you place a new order with updated payment information, any pending orders will resume automatically. If valid payment information isn't provided within 7 days, the order will be cancelled. Update your payment information at
https://checkout.google.com/updateCreditCard ''

as u can see its not a matter of not wanting to pay it or being too lazy for doing it ,cuz i tried many timples. i simply cant buy with my credit card on googleplay ,so i would be VERY PLEASED if anyone who has it could share it with me ,sriously ;) and yes,i want to play it on my samsung galaxy s . thanks in advance ;)

FrankBaller
Rookie

Postby FrankBaller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:24 pm

genzor wrote:frankballer could u please share with me dosbox turbo 1.5.0?? i really need it in order to can play the game n enjoy that jewel....thanks in advance mate ;)

Dude, as was stated earlier, pay the $3 and help the author out. His continued development of DosBox Turbo has really helped all of us DosBox fans on Android, and I'd like to see him continue.

Mrgravyard
Pro Bowl

Postby Mrgravyard » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Redwolf, As compared to 98 how is the onfield gameplay? 98 isnt very good, so Im hoping 95/96 is better.

swany
Rookie

Postby swany » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 am

i downloaded fps football pro 95 from that site and the patch didn't work.i keep getting an error.plus when i tried releasing a player it keeps leaving the game.

Redwolf
Veteran

Postby Redwolf » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:42 pm

swany wrote:i downloaded fps football pro 95 from that site and the patch didn't work.i keep getting an error.plus when i tried releasing a player it keeps leaving the game.

You don't need to patch the game - the link provided is an already patched (to v.103) version - like i mentioned, modified version to work without the copy protection. Of course this won't patch properly as it has been altered to avoid the protection. Don't patch it. You probably broke your version by attempting it - if you are applying Crafton's profile alterations, it is simply a copy and overwrite process. I don't have the crash upon player release at all - can't help u there (but like i mentioned, it may be the result of the attempted patching (????)).

On a different note, I am now finding with the last update of AnDosBox, that it is now outperforming DosBoxTurbo for FBPro. I am currently using it for FBPro and DosBoxTurbo for my other dos titles (eg., X-Com (a must have), Ultima 7, PanzerGeneral, etc.). Bottom line though, if you have the one, u don't necessarily have to run out to get the other.

Redwolf
Veteran

Postby Redwolf » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:54 pm

Mrgravyard wrote:Redwolf, As compared to 98 how is the onfield gameplay? 98 isnt very good, so Im hoping 95/96 is better.

FBPro '95 is much better on-field than VPNFL FBPro'98 in my opinion. The passing game is just about spot on in '95 (using Bob Crafton's updated profiles and gameplans) - much much better than '98! The running game is comparable, perhaps slightly worse - but the passing game more than makes up for it. With '98 (VPNFL), if a team scores 21 points, it was pretty much an assured victory...not so with '95. The game has more scoring and seems to play more like today's NFL. It has much more varied and dynamic passing (with long balls being thrown and sometimes completed). The special teams coverage is also better in '95 vs. '98. The AI also does a bit better job dressing players. For example, in '98, computer teams would pretty much only dress 4 defensive linemen (necessitating the human player managing the cpu team to fix this prior (among other things prior to a game), with '95 cpu teams usually dress at least 5 DL and often 6 - still not always making the best decisions on how many of each type of player to have in-game, but better than '98 does. The trade logic is stil not the best (you have to police yourself) and the cpu teams often make dumb decisions - but it seems pretty much identical to '98 (meaning I think they kept the same logic intact through to '98). Also there in '95 as in '98 is that same dam cpu favoritism towards certain positions (eg. DB's highly favored whereas the D-Linemen are considered the scum-of-the-earth)...shocking how this was present in '95 and did not change throughout the series...

Going back, that golden luster of '98 being the "best" in the series is completely tarnished - Dynamix/Sierra being much like EA in that each new edition was not necessarily better than the previous. Indeed, on the wiki for Front Page Sports Football, it has been claimed that many consider '95 to be the pinnacle in the series. I would have to agree. I have completely shelved '98 now and play only Madden '04 on PC and FBPro '95 on my tablet. '95 plays better on-field than '96 too (which takes a further downturn especially in the running game). If you can stomach the graphics (for me it is not too much of an issue as I play on a 7" screen), then give FBPro'95 a try. It is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it plays a pretty darn good and enjoyable game. Well worth a look.

Redwolf
Veteran

Postby Redwolf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:51 pm

Well, my system is kinda forcing my hand - i am getting crashes pretty much every game now with FBPro '95 on my tablet (using both AnDosBox & DosBoxTurbo). yes, i can save the games often and just restart, but this gets annoying. :evil: Seems to not have this problem on the PC. FBPro'96 does not seem to have this problem - looks like i may be moving to it on my tablet...

Tunnelrunner
Rookie

Postby Tunnelrunner » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:27 pm

I know I'm replying to a thread that's almost 2 years old but I was curious if you were ever able to play at least one full season of FP '96 via DOSBox without any crashes? I could never complete even a SINGLE GAME with FP '95 via DOSBox; the game would always crash at half time. And I was wondering if '96 was any better/more stable?

Thanks.

Return to “Front Page Sports Football”