NCAA 06 Next 25 - Pre-Season Beta Series: with 12-Team Playoff and 2024 Realignments

Harry97
All-Pro

Re: NCAA 06 Next 25 - Pre-Season Beta Series: with 12-Team Playoff and 2024 Realignments

Postby Harry97 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:14 pm

The ASU helmet logo in your screenshot looks sharper, which I'm guessing is through PCSX2 texture replacement. I don't think you can get a helmet logo that sharp, that HQ through the ELF or through editing the uniform file.

I think it's a little different for me because I'm using your ELF on the latest PCSX2 build without texture mods. In any event, I'm creating an ELF from scratch with some of your mods in it, so at the very least I can remember where certain codes are inside the ELF. You guys did an awesome job on your ELF file, but there is a lot of extra stuff in your ELF that seems to result in certain changes to the game and to the look of the graphics. I'm not sure exactly what is conflicting but I'm noticing some odd differences when I run your ELF. I also get different default teams that show up in Play Now. I think you said you need to create a new profile for some things in your mod to work properly.

I guess what I'm saying is that - I really like your mod and your ELF, and I will be using it (with deinterlacing off) but there do seem to be some issue with it that conflict with my game. I'm creating my own custom ELF with some of the codes in your ELF and any new ones I may find, so I can still use PCSX2 interlacing. I'll continue to compare the two and let you know if I notice any other issues with it.

The helmet logo looks fantastic, but there's a lot going on with that ASU helmet. I think that helmet logo would look great with a classic style helmet design for ASU.

Re: NCAA 06 Next 25 - Pre-Season Beta Series: with 12-Team Playoff and 2024 Realignments

Sponsor

Sponsor

minotauri
All-Pro

Postby minotauri » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:44 am

A lot of our SLUS file edits are very well integrated into our database and texture DAT file edits along with our texture replacements. It's a huge fully integrated mod. There are some hex edits that will work stand alone but many of the more complex ones require using other files that have been modified to work correctly.

We'd love to teach you more about them, but this isn't the place to easily do that.

The ASU helmet's extra stuff is the markings of the real actual helmets used in modern football today. If you like a more classic look, you can just remove the texture file for the helmet designs from our texture folders. We are working on a more classic mod too, but its still in its early stages of work. It's from a different era too. :)

The deinterlacing mod should provide better quality than using the emulator's built-in auto mode. The deinterlacing literally shuts off the interlacing completely, instead of trying to run an algorithm to try to nullify it instead in real-time.
I also go by Antdroid on other forums and places.

https://www.ncaanext.com - NCAA 06 NEXT Mod
https://discord.ncaanext.com - NCAA & Madden NEXT PS2 Discord

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:17 am

minotauri wrote:A lot of our SLUS file edits are very well integrated into our database and texture DAT file edits along with our texture replacements. It's a huge fully integrated mod. There are some hex edits that will work stand alone but many of the more complex ones require using other files that have been modified to work correctly.

We'd love to teach you more about them, but this isn't the place to easily do that.

Yes I would like to learn more about everything. For now I'm using the original SLUS that I posted above with only the replay camera mod implemented. I know you have a lot of other cool stuff in your SLUS but I'm trying to keep things simple and basic, for now. 8-)

But keep trying to find new stuff in the ELF. It is always a pleasure hearing when you guys discovered some new cool features through the ELF. The replay camera mod is one of the best discoveries ever. It has helped tremendously in my stadium editing, being able to see the crowds up close and the exteriors of stadiums is very illuminating.
minotauri wrote:The ASU helmet's extra stuff is the markings of the real actual helmets used in modern football today. If you like a more classic look, you can just remove the texture file for the helmet designs from our texture folders.

Sounds interesting. Of course I love the look of the HQ textures that you guys get due to texture replacement, like with the helmet logo. It's obviously a higher quality than we are able to get without texture replacement. It's too bad PCSX2 texture replacement stopped working and you guys are stuck on the older build. Something really needs to be done about this. I like many of the new features on the more recent PCSX2 builds but of course would love to get the kind of HQ texture logos and other textures you guys have. It sucks having to choose between new PCSX2 features or HQ textures. I can do a lot of cool stuff to textures through my Cheat Engine codes without needing to rely on PCSX2 texture replacement feature, but certain things like HQ logos on helmets I haven't been able to implement.

I don't know if anyone on your team has any communication with the PCSX2 team, but I think it would be a huge benefit to the NCAA 06 community if they could get texture replacement working once again on the recent builds for NCAA 06. It works for most other games. Have you considered doing an official pull request or bug report on the git page for PCSX2 to see if they could re-implement texture replacement for NCAA 06 on the current builds?

I can survive without the use of texture replacement, with certain non-HQ textures like helmet logos for example, but we shouldn't have to choose between the new PCSX2 builds or texture replacement you know? Don't you think it's about time that PCSX2 corrects this problem and gets texture replacement working for NCAA 06 once again?

minotauri wrote:We are working on a more classic mod too, but its still in its early stages of work. It's from a different era too. :)

That sounds great. That's something I would be interested in. Classic uniforms and helmets through texture replacement would be amazing.
minotauri wrote:The deinterlacing mod should provide better quality than using the emulator's built-in auto mode. The deinterlacing literally shuts off the interlacing completely, instead of trying to run an algorithm to try to nullify it instead in real-time.

I'm just used to using the PCSX2 setting, but it is interesting that you've been able to turn it off completely through the ELF.

Return to “Other Football Games”