NCAA 06/08 ANIMDATA.DAT File Comparison

Harry97
All-Pro

Re: NCAA 06/08 ANIMDATA.DAT File Comparison

Postby Harry97 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:11 pm

minotauri wrote:@harry97 ---

Why's your gaming computer overheating playing PS2 games with texture replacement? I have a non-gaming computer (AMD 6800U) with integrated gpu (AMD 680M) and the fan does not even kick in when I play at 4K resolution for long periods of time. I'm a little surprised your PC is struggling with this unless you have something older?

It runs on my latest Android devices without fan on too and doesn't overheat.

Anyway, would be interesting to have further discussions with you on Discord server with all of us! We have some cool things we're working and could always use your knowledge!

I have an ASUS gaming laptop that I got within the last 2 years (Windows 11) but it only has 4 GB video RAM (NVidia GeForce RTX). It's a fantastic machine for PCSX2 though because it's so lightweight and portable. I wouldn't say it struggles running PCSX2 with NCAA 06 but the newer PCSX2 builds with my cheat engine codes for texture mods definitely run a lot better than older build with texture replacement. It doesn't really overheat but I'm just trying to keep everything as efficient as possible.

What kind of cool things are you working on? If you manage to get crowds working in Madden PS2 stadiums in NCAA 06, I'd be impressed. I've been doing a lot of work learning how to hex edit the crowds in the stadium files, that's my main focus right now. The impression I get is that most of what you guys do on the discord is with texture replacements on the older PCSX2 build. I'm more focused on editing the stadium files and getting the Madden stadium crowds working in NCAA 06. As I explained I got the NCAA 07-11 crowds working in NCAA 06. I'm also working on getting the away crowds in neutral sites to stand up and cheer which is my main focus right now.

Sponsor

Sponsor

minotauri
All-Pro

Postby minotauri » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:32 am

Harry97 wrote:I have an ASUS gaming laptop that I got within the last 2 years (Windows 11) but it only has 4 GB video RAM (NVidia GeForce RTX). It's a fantastic machine for PCSX2 though because it's so lightweight and portable. I wouldn't say it struggles running PCSX2 with NCAA 06 but the newer PCSX2 builds with my cheat engine codes for texture mods definitely run a lot better than older build with texture replacement. It doesn't really overheat but I'm just trying to keep everything as efficient as possible.

I guess I am surprised it isnt running efficient for you, that's all. It runs so well on my last two computers and android devices, that I cant imagine it running slowly on something that has a dedicated GPU. I have shared Video RAM thats only 3GB, and my Android device is even less i think.

What kind of cool things are you working on? If you manage to get crowds working in Madden PS2 stadiums in NCAA 06, I'd be impressed. I've been doing a lot of work learning how to hex edit the crowds in the stadium files, that's my main focus right now. The impression I get is that most of what you guys do on the discord is with texture replacements on the older PCSX2 build. I'm more focused on editing the stadium files and getting the Madden stadium crowds working in NCAA 06. As I explained I got the NCAA 07-11 crowds working in NCAA 06. I'm also working on getting the away crowds in neutral sites to stand up and cheer which is my main focus right now.

If you think we are only doing texture mods, I think you've missed out on the other 80% of the things we are working on. Yes, visually, you'll see the texture mods, but what do you think we're doing to create new textures out of nothing? We have thousands of lines of hex edits to just the ELF executable file itself (https://github.com/ncaanext/SLUS-21214), and we've modified, expanded and even created new databases to the game all over the place to create new teams, new coaches (310 coaches in the game now!), new recruits, yada yada. The 12-team playoff is in our mod now. We even created Kennesaw State this year. We have ways to assign Hawaiian players actual polynesian names. We have full 18-team conference structures just like real-life now. We've made all sorts of editors including a new DB editor, a stadium and uniform editor, a downloader, a uniform texture creator, tons of uniform templates that are as easy as picking colors and pressing play, automatic texture renames, schedule generators, and much more. We've editing sounds and music, in-game crowd noises and band sounds, added realistic game play enhancements, modern NCAA Rules, expanded and updated every playbook with modern plays, and keeping old ones too, and tons more. So much to list.

We added a recruitable Transfer Portal into the game. We've changed the way players declare to go pro. We've updated how position changes work. We let CPU smartly change positions. We track CPU coaching stats. We have a coaching firing mode. We have a carousel. We've added the Kick-Off classic game! We've got rid of non-televised games. We changed how recruiting works. We updated all the recruiting dialog, news headlines, changed the magazine look and even the name of it (its The Athletic now), we updated the polls, we've updated how prestige system is calculated, we've updated how position changes affects ratings, we've updated how kickoffs touchbacks are placed, we've added 20 uniforms to every team and 22 sets of custom gears to every uniform (including custom socks, shoes, etc.). We added international countries to the list, added the ability to have 4-game redshirts, pre-season injuries, full schedule editor in-game (including updating CPU teams schedules), randomized recruits skills and body features, etc...

And there's more!

We've updated game calling and clock management for CPU. We've updated play clock rules. We increased the team count. We've shown more rankings for stadiums. We've updated all the stadium names and team names. We allow users to pick their impact players. We've updated menu layouts, and how job security is displayed. We moved bowl sites and added new bowl locations. We've added new stadiums. We've made it so academic ratings dont change, and expanded the post-season calendar, and added 4 impact players. We changed text colors in the game to make it more readable. etc etc.

and there's a lot more...

and so, that's why if you think we're just doing a texture mod, you are very wrong. :)

What are we working on now?

Yes we are also looking at how to add stadiums from Madden into the game and how the crowds work.
We want to update how coaching contracts work so CPU coaches can have contracts too
We want to look at how Coach goals work so we can update those to score better
We continue to make new and updated uniforms
We are continuing to look into sound mods for the game
and there's probably a lot more that I cant think of, because anyone who has an idea on the server is a good idea and we look to help each other out and make it a reality.

We are working on another secret project :)
I also go by Antdroid on other forums and places.

https://www.ncaanext.com - NCAA 06 NEXT Mod
https://discord.ncaanext.com - NCAA & Madden NEXT PS2 Discord

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:41 am

minotauri wrote:If you think we are only doing texture mods, I think you've missed out on the other 80% of the things we are working on. Yes, visually, you'll see the texture mods, but what do you think we're doing to create new textures out of nothing?

No of course not, but I do know that some of your DAT file edits (like with uniforms) are related to the older build and the texture mods. And all that is very interesting but it's not something that I can really test as I'm on the more recent PCSX2 builds and have plenty of other things I'm focused on that is inconsistent with the way you have gone about it. And I'm saying that some of what you are working are is quite different than what I've been working on. So you don't need me to do a lot of the stuff you've done and are working on, but there are some areas that I think I can help with when I'm ready to get more involved.
minotauri wrote:We have thousands of lines of hex edits to just the ELF executable file itself (https://github.com/ncaanext/SLUS-21214), and we've modified, expanded and even created new databases to the game all over the place to create new teams, new coaches (310 coaches in the game now!), new recruits, yada yada. The 12-team playoff is in our mod now. We even created Kennesaw State this year. We have ways to assign Hawaiian players actual polynesian names. We have full 18-team conference structures just like real-life now. We've made all sorts of editors including a new DB editor, a stadium and uniform editor, a downloader, a uniform texture creator, tons of uniform templates that are as easy as picking colors and pressing play, automatic texture renames, schedule generators, and much more.

Very nice, but most of these things I can't really help you with my friend. 8-) It does sound amazing though, but at the moment I'm just trying to stay focused on the stuff I'm working on, like stadium crowds presently.
minotauri wrote:We've editing sounds and music, in-game crowd noises and band sounds, added realistic game play enhancements, modern NCAA Rules, expanded and updated every playbook with modern plays, and keeping old ones too, and tons more. So much to list.

What kind of realistic game play enhancements? When you start talking about gameplay, I'm interested. I've uncovered a ton of gameplay related features through cheat engine codes, that's my bread and butter. But I'm sure you've uncovered many gameplay related mods yourself, would like to know more about that. Updated playbooks with modern plays, that I'm interested in. I would be very interested to see how you updated playbooks. if you ever get to a point where you can convert Madden 08 PC .pbo files to NCAA 06 with some kind of a tool, or something, that would be awesome, but even short of that, just learning how to create certain plays with unique features that are compatible with NCAA 06, that's something I definitely want to dive into.

So yes I would like to get up to speed on what you've done with playbooks, and then work with you on some of my ideas. Playbooks interest me greatly. I have all kinds of ideas of plays that I want to learn how to make. I want to, for example, IMPLEMENT TRUE OLD-SCHOOL WEDGES ON KICKOFFS!! How does that sound? That's the kind of stuff I'm interested in. By the way, did you apply what I told you about, how if you use the NCAA 07-11 stock playbook files as a base you can get 15 playbooks in each stock playbook instead of 12? Have you figured out how to get more than 15 playbooks by hex editing the stock playbooks? One day I definitely want to work with you guys on creating custom plays and all that. Although I'd like to talk about playbook stuff on here, if I need to join the Discord to get involved in your playbook mods, I'll do that if that's what it takes to work on playbooks with you guys. So there's always that to look forward to. I know playbooks can be very complicated and involved, and it sounds like you're already well on your way to discovering all that goes into that. This makes me very happy and I look forward to the day when I can join you guys in your playbook work. Still I think you should consider sharing your playbook information here on football idiot, but if you don't, I understand and am fine with you keeping it on the discord. I'm not quite ready to jump on the playbook modding train, but when I do I'll be sure to let you guys know!!

As far as sounds, that's something I've taken a look at myself. I've extracted SPCHDATA.DAT and heard all the commentary lines in there with the NHL07-06 sound editor, also the program Sound Converter. Though the NHL07-06 edit seems to be more robust which plays multiple separate commentary lines within each file within SPCHDATA. (Sound Converter only seems to load one commentary line per file, whereas NHL 07-06 plays all the files contained in each file) It's also fun going hearing all the commentary lines to hear stuff that never seems to get triggered in game. I don't know what you plan on doing to the commentary lines, but I would love to get some Keith Jackson lines in there one day. :D I'm definitely interested in testing any updates to the sound files to see what you come up with. So that interests me as well.
minotauri wrote:We added a recruitable Transfer Portal into the game. We've changed the way players declare to go pro. We've updated how position changes work. We let CPU smartly change positions. We track CPU coaching stats. We have a coaching firing mode. We have a carousel. We've added the Kick-Off classic game! We've got rid of non-televised games. We changed how recruiting works. We updated all the recruiting dialog, news headlines, changed the magazine look and even the name of it (its The Athletic now), we updated the polls, we've updated how prestige system is calculated, we've updated how position changes affects ratings, we've updated how kickoffs touchbacks are placed, we've added 20 uniforms to every team and 22 sets of custom gears to every uniform (including custom socks, shoes, etc.). We added international countries to the list, added the ability to have 4-game redshirts, pre-season injuries, full schedule editor in-game (including updating CPU teams schedules), randomized recruits skills and body features, etc...

It's good to know you're working on this stuff, but if I focused on any of this stuff I would probably become overwhelmed by all the changes. So I probably wouldn't be much help in these areas. I like to keep things simple, keep the game stable and just focus on specific things that I'm interested in modding, one step at a time. That's not to take anything away from all this work you've done. It's all very good that you're this passionate about improving the game in the ways you have, but for me I do like to keep things pretty close to the original game and only change certain things since I'm dealing with largely non-static cheat engine codes. At least for now, my mindset could change once I join the discord, but please continue to be patient and continue to work on what interests you. I fully support all the work you're doing even if some of it is not that relevant to my goals. But there are enough great things that you are working on that does interest me very much, and that's what's important!!
minotauri wrote:We've updated game calling and clock management for CPU. We've updated play clock rules. We increased the team count. We've shown more rankings for stadiums. We've updated all the stadium names and team names. We allow users to pick their impact players. We've updated menu layouts, and how job security is displayed. We moved bowl sites and added new bowl locations. We've added new stadiums. We've made it so academic ratings dont change, and expanded the post-season calendar, and added 4 impact players. We changed text colors in the game to make it more readable. etc etc.

I edited those files in STADATA to hide all the impact player indicators as well as the target indicators (on passes and kicks). I love how it looks now, and you helped me find those. 8-) Assist to you on that one. The impact player stuff sounds cool but most of what you said here I don't really need, but all of it sounds very cool nonetheless. What I am very interested though is what you've done to play calling and clock management for CPU. Can I ask you one question about this. How do you edit this? How did you edit the CPU playcalling? I've dabbled in this myself, by editing some fields in the in-game Profile, then assigning that profile to a CPU team, i.e. controlling when they go for it on 4th down. But have you learned how to edit CPU playcalling in one of the .DATs? If so what file? Or is this CPU playcalling edits done through the ELF as well?
minotauri wrote:and there's a lot more...

and so, that's why if you think we're just doing a texture mod, you are very wrong. :)

That's not what I meant, I know you're doing a lot more than just texture mods, I'm just saying that there's a reason why I haven't joined yet, because it could be very overwhelming for me given all your working on if I haven't done all I could on my own. There's certain things that I can help you guys with, and there's a lot that you can get me up to speed on, but most of the stuff you've done you truly don't need me for. But there's certain things that we could definitely work together on that I would be motivated for. That work could take place on here or on your discord, but you only want it to be done on the discord. I'm fine with that but I personally think some stuff could be worked on here and it would be OK. But you don't need to do what I want, I'm just giving you my opinion on it. That's not gonna stop me from joining the discord if that's what I need to do when the time is right. At present, I'm trying not to over extend myself when it comes to modding NCAA 06. BUT I agree that there are several areas that I would be motivated to work with you guys on. Playbooks, sounds, altering CPU playcalling, gameplay related cheat engine codes, certain other things, and I'm sure when I join I'll find all kinds of other stuff I never imagined. But I'm not ready for that now, but have faith that the day will come.

minotauri wrote:What are we working on now?

Yes we are also looking at how to add stadiums from Madden into the game and how the crowds work.

I can help you with this, and so that you don't waste time figuring out what I've already figured out, I'm willing to share the NCAA 07-11 stadiums I've converted thus far. I'm probably going to create a stadium conversion topic with some STADIUMS.DAT files that you can download, test some of my stadium conversions and open them up in a hex editor to see what I've edited. And I'm sure you're skilled enough to learn the basics on your own, but I'll share my stadium conversions anyway. It's a relatively simple procedure to convert NCAA 07-11 stadium crowds to display properly in NCAA 06, but actually finding what to change took quite a bit of effort. My current goal is, as I explained before, to get the away sections of neutral site stadiums to stand up and cheer after big plays. That's what I'm working on now. And I gotta be honest, sometimes I reach a certain point and need to like take a few weeks off from modding than come back to it. I'm trying to find that sweet spot of working hard at figuring certain things out without becoming stressed. So that's a big part of why I haven't gotten more involved yet. However I know that I'm only going to be able to get so far on my own, and working with you guys could yield great results, so I'm definitely considering my options and when I'm ready to take the NEXT step you'll be the first to know. 8-)
minotauri wrote:We are working on another secret project :)

Ooh secrets.

Return to “Other Football Games”