NCAA 05 Modding on GameCube via Dolphin

Hype
Veteran

Re: NCAA 05 Modding on GameCube via Dolphin

Postby Hype » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:12 pm

chloeace2k21 wrote:
Hype wrote:
h4wduk3n wrote:Good timing - I just now got a device capable of playing ea football games. My PC always could but this is a game changer. I have been able to mod uniforms in madden 07 on gamecube and i dont think ncaa would be much different. If I get traction / permission from FF to port the unis over to madden i can start helping maybe with some tooling for gamecube. The big thing will be getting the unis coming in into a recognizable format/pattern that some program can detect what each piece is, then manually extracting each team's uni and running the program to import/resize into those image files.
I also got the madden roster from pc ported to gamecube so i'm going to research ncaa rosters to see if the same process can work.
xflamexofxhopex wrote:

I worked on them and deleted them since I couldn't find anyone willing to help. I am actually one of the modders for 2K5 right now. If you look up LostSouL's YT, follow discord link, you can find me in the Discord. Would love to see this get more traction.

I’m definitely willing to help mod any of the NCAA Football titles from 2003-05 as well. I’m not as experienced on the technical end, but I do a bit of graphic design that I can help chip in with. I love these games, so getting one of them up to date would be extremely cool.

EDIT: I have been able to successfully mod a uniform in the past as the madden 08 pc templates work for this game as well.

I'm Doing a CFB Revamped-style project for NCAA 2005 and I could use some help, I've made a few uniforms and updated the title screen so far

Let’s do it. Should we set up a discord or something?

Sponsor

Sponsor

chloeace2k21
Rookie

Postby chloeace2k21 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:50 pm

Hype wrote:
chloeace2k21 wrote:
Hype wrote:
I’m definitely willing to help mod any of the NCAA Football titles from 2003-05 as well. I’m not as experienced on the technical end, but I do a bit of graphic design that I can help chip in with. I love these games, so getting one of them up to date would be extremely cool.

EDIT: I have been able to successfully mod a uniform in the past as the madden 08 pc templates work for this game as well.

I'm Doing a CFB Revamped-style project for NCAA 2005 and I could use some help, I've made a few uniforms and updated the title screen so far

Yeah definitely, I'll set one up

chloeace2k21
Rookie

Postby chloeace2k21 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:10 pm

Hype wrote:
chloeace2k21 wrote:
Hype wrote:

https://discord.gg/7MwQGUVwvt here's an invite !

SMiTHs
Rookie

Postby SMiTHs » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:08 am

can you view the roster.iff file from gamecube nfl2k3?
the roster.iff version I have is from xbox nfl2k3 and it appears to be encrypted.
comparing it to the roster2000.iff files on dreamcast nfl2k,2k1,2k2.
the character data and roster names are all in the roster .iff files.
also are you able to extract gamecube .dat files?

Return to “Other Football Games”