DDS - College Football 17

Ohgr
Rookie

Postby Ohgr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:18 pm

Are you guys aware of that game?
What are your opinions?

About the game:

It's a text based college football headcoach game, where you can take over a school, lead it to the college football playoff and win the national championship. You're in the role of a head coach. The biggest aspects of the game is recruiting and playcalling if you like to. The action on the field is animated in the form of moving dots.

My personal opinion:
I had fun with it for a couple of seasons. The recruiting itself is a nice idea, but it is kinda off. I landed in my first year five 4 star recruits and a 5 star head coaching the Temple Owls and the second year I struggled to even land a 3 star.
Playcalling is fun, I didn't dive too deep into it, but I made it thus far to narrow it down to 20 plays on each side of the ball for each year.
The community is very small at the moment - as far as I can tell. There might be a couple of leagues though.
However, there is a real world mod and a good amount of real endzone graphics, which enhance the experience.

Other than that I think it is a good starting point for a college game. I hope they continue developing it. It's not there yet though.

You guys can test it out for two seasons for free on their website, which is this one:
http://www.wolverinestudios.com/game/college-football-simulation/

Sponsor

Sponsor

GeneralSilent
MVP

Re: DDS - College Football 17

Postby GeneralSilent » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:36 pm

You have to pay 35$ for a text based simulator?

I'll pass, if the price was lower i'd consider it.
God bless america!

Ohgr
Rookie

Re: DDS - College Football 17

Postby Ohgr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Yeah, I agree. The price sucks. But pretty much for all of the textsims. Don't know what they are thinking. FOF8 is at 30 bucks, even 11 years old bowl bound is still at 20 bucks. But 35 for one, that still has a long road to go is a bit crazy.
However, they're doing sales now and then, that's when I bought it.

Return to “Other Football Games”