Madden 17 X1/PS4.. anybody buying

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Anybody making the jump?

Full roster editing is back. Seems to be the biggest plus I've read about. (Although it would intolerable editing rosters without an editor at this point)

Anyway, just curious if anyone is buying what EA is selling at this point.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Re: Madden 17 X1/PS4.. anybody buying

Postby ycleped » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:55 am

AaronS wrote:Anybody making the jump?

Full roster editing is back. Seems to be the biggest plus I've read about. (Although it would intolerable editing rosters without an editor at this point)

Anyway, just curious if anyone is buying what EA is selling at this point.

That's incorrect unfortunately....full roster editing is back in CFM, NOT in the regular rosters.
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:05 pm

ycleped wrote:That's incorrect unfortunately....full roster editing is back in CFM, NOT in the regular rosters.

Yep, you're right.

.. I gave it about 16 hours of play over the weekend. It's the best version of the game in the last 10 years, but it's not a good enough experience to get me off the PC.

Gameplay is pretty solid. If all you're looking for is to play online with current rosters, it's a good experience.

Franchise.. particularly past seasons? Not yet. Not without an editor anyway.

... if EA has their way, that may never be possible. They seem to have deliberately hamstrung users in terms of player editing.

BOPE01
Veteran

Postby BOPE01 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Is good. Very Good.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:41 pm

I'm not going to buy it, because I prefer PC gaming to Xbox/PlayStation. I have however, heard good things about it. I've heard some stuff about it being the "best Madden ever."

But if you have Madden 08 PC, in my opinion there's no need to buy the game for a console. For updated stadiums and uniforms, you can download the FF/FI XV Mod; rogerjinx makes an updated roster, and you have access to all the new moves and updated NFL rules with Calhoupe's Madden Scripts. PC gaming is where it's at, man.

I could tell you my about my theory on how PC users don't even need phones, but that would be taking this too far off topic.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:16 am

JSamuel wrote:I'm not going to buy it, because I prefer PC gaming to Xbox/PlayStation. I have however, heard good things about it. I've heard some stuff about it being the "best Madden ever."

I'd say it's every bit 'as good' as any version ever released. Visually, it is absolutely stunning.

.. but it's still plagued by the same nagging issues as Madden 2004-Madden 2008.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:10 pm

AaronS wrote:
JSamuel wrote:I'm not going to buy it, because I prefer PC gaming to Xbox/PlayStation. I have however, heard good things about it. I've heard some stuff about it being the "best Madden ever."

I'd say it's every bit 'as good' as any version ever released. Visually, it is absolutely stunning.

.. but it's still plagued by the same nagging issues as Madden 2004-Madden 2008.

I agree. Visually, it is a beautiful game....as it darn well should be.

Return to “Other Football Games”