Two independent football sims under development

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Sun May 15, 2016 2:08 am

So I just figured I'd bring these to the best PC football community's attention:

First is the sequel to Axis Football 15 (mentioned in an earlier thread), titled Axis Football 16. The game has improved drastically both visually and mechanically since last year's iteration, and you can see that improvement on their Twitter HERE and their YouTube HERE.

Second is the more mysterious game being developed by Ohio-based musician Cal Anderson, whose Twitter can be found HERE, and whose YouTube can be found HERE. The game, nameless so far but known under development as simply Football 2017, has some of the most beautiful player models I've ever seen, and an extremely focused and comprehensive vision of what the game will be.

Both of these sims are intended to be fully modifiable in terms of graphics, roster, rules, etc. I'm excited to see a pair of challengers for the PC football demographic; these games could eventually end up inspiring EA to bring Madden back to PC or even PUSH EA to make a better product in order to compete with these newcomers. However, in the short term, these games will serve to give us an easily modifiable base from which to build an NFL game.
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

Sponsor

Sponsor

GunstarN1ckel
Veteran

Re: Two independent football sims under development

Postby GunstarN1ckel » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:07 am

DrBrownsFan wrote:... in the short term, these games will serve to give us an easily modifiable base from which to build an NFL game.

I would really love to see a community based re-release of a totally modded Madden 08 (or a massive patch thereof to limit piracy). I've seen the field updates, rosters, uniforms, scoreboards, stadium art, logos, soundtracks, playbooks.... literally almost every aspect of the game has been addressed already.

I'm not one to speak, and I've only just downloaded Blender today, but I think it's not only possible- I think we could release something that would seriously compete with modern releases. For newcomers, like myself, it's a little much to take in seeing all the different directions the various devs have gone in recreating and modifying the existing game. I'm just only beginning to walk through all these mods myself and it's a little less than beginner friendly.

I'm ALL-IN for a community sponsored game production (or all-inclusive patch). I'd seriously consider donating real funds and real time as I begin learning 3D modeling myself.
Something Something Sandstorm.

GunstarN1ckel
Veteran

Postby GunstarN1ckel » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:10 am

And not even because I love/crave a modern PC football release that much. I haven't watched a season since 09'.. I just believe the demand is there (hence 40,000+ views on some of these threads, and this community's existence to begin with).

I'm just really impressed by the progress made here, and think we ought to put all of this work together into a single product.
Something Something Sandstorm.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:38 pm

...a few considerations...
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:11 pm

GunstarN1ckel wrote:
DrBrownsFan wrote:... in the short term, these games will serve to give us an easily modifiable base from which to build an NFL game.

I would really love to see a community based re-release of a totally modded Madden 08 (or a massive patch thereof to limit piracy). I've seen the field updates, rosters, uniforms, scoreboards, stadium art, logos, soundtracks, playbooks.... literally almost every aspect of the game has been addressed already.

I'm not one to speak, and I've only just downloaded Blender today, but I think it's not only possible- I think we could release something that would seriously compete with modern releases. For newcomers, like myself, it's a little much to take in seeing all the different directions the various devs have gone in recreating and modifying the existing game. I'm just only beginning to walk through all these mods myself and it's a little less than beginner friendly.

I'm ALL-IN for a community sponsored game production (or all-inclusive patch). I'd seriously consider donating real funds and real time as I begin learning 3D modeling myself.

You know, we have the FF mods, which are total conversions.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Other Football Games”