NFL 2K16 on PC

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: NFL 2K16 on PC

Postby 1312qohelet » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:09 pm

Randall12 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:
Randall12 wrote:I have XBOX ESPN 2K5 I could rip the disc and upload if it would be helpful for this community to somehow create a pc mod with it ?

I tried to download it from the website in the video but, got an error message. I haven't tried any further. I don't think the xbox version would do any good since the game in the video is played through a PS2 emulator....or so it says....

Well I have to find working XBOX EMULATOR :mrgreen:

Good luck dude :) I know I really liked that game back in the day. I played for several years

Sponsor

Sponsor

arden05
All-Pro

Postby arden05 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:48 pm

It's impossible (at this point) to convert the Xbox version NFL 2K5 into a PC mod. These are the ONLY possibilities:
1) NFL 2K3 for Gamecube is fully playable (depending on your system) and EDITABLE using the Dolphin Emulator.

2) NFL 2K5 for PS2 on the PCSX2 emulator runs at full speed (depending on your system). An application called Texmod used to be compatible with previous versions of PCSX2. Texmod was able to log textures viewed in the emulator. Not anymore. And the previous versions of PCSX2 that worked with Texmod did not run NFL 2K5 correctly.

So the best option is NFL 2K3 and the Dolphin emulator.
Check out sports inspired apparel, made for true fans @ http://fanfocusedtees.spreadshirt.com/

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:14 am

arden05 wrote:It's impossible (at this point) to convert the Xbox version NFL 2K5 into a PC mod. These are the ONLY possibilities:
1) NFL 2K3 for Gamecube is fully playable (depending on your system) and EDITABLE using the Dolphin Emulator.

2) NFL 2K5 for PS2 on the PCSX2 emulator runs at full speed (depending on your system). An application called Texmod used to be compatible with previous versions of PCSX2. Texmod was able to log textures viewed in the emulator. Not anymore. And the previous versions of PCSX2 that worked with Texmod did not run NFL 2K5 correctly.

I have read your posts about 2k3 and being modifiable. That is interesting....are you able to post some screenshots??

arden05
All-Pro

Postby arden05 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:02 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
arden05 wrote:It's impossible (at this point) to convert the Xbox version NFL 2K5 into a PC mod. These are the ONLY possibilities:

I have read your posts about 2k3 and being modifiable. That is interesting....are you able to post some screenshots??

When I get some free time in the next month or so, I'll post some edits. I've logged quite a few textures but haven't edited them yet. I'm putting together templates to make the process easier. If you have a good cpu (i5, i7) others should give it a try. The more people working on it the better.
Check out sports inspired apparel, made for true fans @ http://fanfocusedtees.spreadshirt.com/

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:33 pm

arden05 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:

When I get some free time in the next month or so, I'll post some edits. I've logged quite a few textures but haven't edited them yet. I'm putting together templates to make the process easier. If you have a good cpu (i5, i7) others should give it a try. The more people working on it the better.

Ok, I don't even know what "i5 or i7" means, so I don't think I'd be much help, but it sounds cool...when you say you've logged some textures, does that mean you are using texmod?

arden05
All-Pro

Postby arden05 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:21 pm

i5 and i7 are types of Intel processors used in computers. Combined with a lot of ram, both work really well with the Dolphin emulator.

No Texmod needed. The Dolphin emulator dumps all visible textures when texture dump is enabled. You edit the textures, enable load textures and that's it.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:09 pm

arden05 wrote:i5 and i7 are types of Intel processors used in computers. Combined with a lot of ram, both work really well with the Dolphin emulator.

No Texmod needed. The Dolphin emulator dumps all visible textures when texture dump is enabled. You edit the textures, enable load textures and that's it.

Nice, well I look forward to seeing some images.
As for a roster editor, I posted this on your other thread, but in case you haven't read it. Is it possible that FlyingFinn's 2k5 editor would be of any help there? I think, but not sure if it does, it is compatible with 2k4, and works with saves from both xbox and ps2
I know I used to edit my 2k5 rosters for the ol' xbox with no problems

GoChiefs
Rookie

Postby GoChiefs » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:15 pm

Just played a game. Man the graphics show their age but the animations are just great. It "feels" right.

akilgour13
All-Pro

Postby akilgour13 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:09 am

What version of pcsx2 is nfl 2k5 working on? The last one i have won't get past the loading screen! I have the ps2 and xbox versions,but i don't believe there is a working xbox emulator yet? I like the overall presentation of nfl 2k5 the most of any of the football games i have,it just seems right... would love to try it and the show baseball game too...

Tors12
All-Pro

Postby Tors12 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:27 pm

akilgour13 wrote:What version of pcsx2 is nfl 2k5 working on? The last one i have won't get past the loading screen! I have the ps2 and xbox versions,but i don't believe there is a working xbox emulator yet? I like the overall presentation of nfl 2k5 the most of any of the football games i have,it just seems right... would love to try it and the show baseball game too...

You need to have a 'master race PC' to run a PCSX2 game, but the guy on the video that I share have another vid when he says that the game would be compatible (and I hope so cause my PC isn't good).
There's also the beta release from the same guy, you can download it now and try.
"Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your Quarterback."
"I will always be a Colt."
-Peyton Manning.

Return to “Other Football Games”