NFL 2K16 on PC

User avatar
Tors12
All-Pro
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 3:52 pm

NFL 2K16 on PC

Postby Tors12 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:22 pm

Hey guys.
I've been looking for some updates for 2k videogames, I found a video that looks interesting and It's possible to run in a PC.
I don't own the video, I hope that's not a problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V07orq2f98o
"Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your Quarterback."
"I will always be a Colt."
-Peyton Manning.

NFL 2K16 on PC

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
Austinmario13
Hall of Fame
Posts: 2790
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: West Odessa, TX
Contact:

Re: NFL 2K16 on PC

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:31 pm

It's just NFL2K5 with an updated roster. There's a whole community dedicated to this game.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1721
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Hill Side

Re: NFL 2K16 on PC

Postby 1312qohelet » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:25 pm

Tors12 wrote:Hey guys.
I've been looking for some updates for 2k videogames, I found a video that looks interesting and It's possible to run in a PC.
I don't own the video, I hope that's not a problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V07orq2f98o

Great game, some say better than the Madden's of that generation. Alot of gamers say the greatest of all time.....I never thought so. They're both alot of fun, but madden was/is just a better game
Austinmario13 wrote:It's just NFL2K5 with an updated roster. There's a whole community dedicated to this game.

Yeah, I played 2k5 with updated rosters on the ol' xbox for a while. But, that was before I knew anything about what you guys have here. The FF/FI mods are miles ahead of 2k5 with a roster update. They have no new uniforms, stadiums, coaches....nothing. That community is fading fast. The 2k5 roster site hasn't had an update since 2013. There are usually a few rosters floating around operation sports, but that's about it. That makes what you guys do here that much more amazing! Even if the mod team decided not to put out any more full mods(knock on wood), Madden 08 pc could stay alive for another ten years (potentially much longer) with roster updates, uniforms that people make, not to mention the tools and utilities for fans to do it on their own. Every new mod you release is a huge bonus!! You guys have really made this game timeless

User avatar
Tors12
All-Pro
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Re: NFL 2K16 on PC

Postby Tors12 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Yes, I know that is 2K5 with a roster update.
Aaand yes, Footballidiot community does a better job updating the rosters, but there's so many people saying 2K5 is better than every Madden, so that's the reason of why I decided to share the video.
"Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. I truly have enjoyed being your Quarterback."
"I will always be a Colt."
-Peyton Manning.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1721
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Hill Side

Re: NFL 2K16 on PC

Postby 1312qohelet » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:01 pm

Tors12 wrote:Yes, I know that is 2K5 with a roster update.
Aaand yes, Footballidiot community does a better job updating the rosters, but there's so many people saying 2K5 is better than every Madden, so that's the reason of why I decided to share the video.

It's quality is beyond question, represents the nfl very well. Some of folks who say it's the "G.O.A.T" have some old, salted wounds about the NFL selling exclusive to madden, some think that because recent and current maddens are so trashy that madden was always crap, and some actually put the time in on both and just like 2K5 better. 2K5 along with madden 05, took up 90% of my personal game time that year they were both released, back in '04. IMO Madden 05 was better. It sure was great to have options, tell you what!! Now, since it's available through that emulator....is it moddable? That's the question. When you play on consoles, rosters are the only kind of updates you can get, because there is little, or no access to graphics or db files. If it turns out to be moddable, I bet the folks here would make room for an ESPN NFL 2K5 section. I know I would get some of that action

User avatar
Gridiron
MVP
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:17 pm

Re: NFL 2K16 on PC

Postby Gridiron » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:22 pm

Tors12 wrote:Yes, I know that is 2K5 with a roster update.
Aaand yes, Footballidiot community does a better job updating the rosters, but there's so many people saying 2K5 is better than every Madden, so that's the reason of why I decided to share the video.

At first I was at first thinking perhaps 2006, but then it looked mostly like a hack job consisting of Madden 2004 PC spliced with the NFL2K5 announcers and crowd reaction cutscenes.

With the official NFL simulations for PC only coming from Microsoft or EA, I expect any future league sanctioned football releases to be WinX compatible only. :x :cry:
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.
.
Image

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1721
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Hill Side

Re: NFL 2K16 on PC

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:28 am

Gridiron wrote:At first I was at first thinking perhaps 2006, but then it looked mostly like a hack job consisting of Madden 2004 PC spliced with the NFL2K5 announcers and crowd reaction cutscenes.

With the official NFL simulations for PC only coming from Microsoft or EA, I expect any future league sanctioned football releases to be WinX compatible only. :x :cry:

It isn't league sanctioned.....well it was back in 2004 :lol: It's the ISO of the PS2 release of ESPN NFL 2K5 played through the PCSX2 emulator. It's also not a future release, the website who put that video made it available a couple weeks ago. I checked it out, but here's the catch...you have to find your own ISO of the game :lol: I'm thinking there's some pirating going on, or it's fake

User avatar
Randall12
All-Pro
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:39 am

Re: NFL 2K16 on PC

Postby Randall12 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:55 pm

I have XBOX ESPN 2K5 I could rip the disc and upload if it would be helpful for this community to somehow create a pc mod with it ?
Image

0x MADDEN01 SUPERBOWL CHAMPION
0x MADDEN04 SUPERBOWL CHAMPION
0x MADDEN06 SUPERBOWL CHAMPION
0x MADDEN08 SUPERBOWL CHAMPION

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame
Posts: 1721
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:12 am
Location: Hill Side

Re: NFL 2K16 on PC

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:50 pm

Randall12 wrote:I have XBOX ESPN 2K5 I could rip the disc and upload if it would be helpful for this community to somehow create a pc mod with it ?

I tried to download it from the website in the video but, got an error message. I haven't tried any further. I don't think the xbox version would do any good since the game in the video is played through a PS2 emulator....or so it says....

User avatar
Randall12
All-Pro
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:39 am

Re: NFL 2K16 on PC

Postby Randall12 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:23 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
Randall12 wrote:I have XBOX ESPN 2K5 I could rip the disc and upload if it would be helpful for this community to somehow create a pc mod with it ?

I tried to download it from the website in the video but, got an error message. I haven't tried any further. I don't think the xbox version would do any good since the game in the video is played through a PS2 emulator....or so it says....


Well I have to find working XBOX EMULATOR :mrgreen:
Image

0x MADDEN01 SUPERBOWL CHAMPION
0x MADDEN04 SUPERBOWL CHAMPION
0x MADDEN06 SUPERBOWL CHAMPION
0x MADDEN08 SUPERBOWL CHAMPION


Return to “Other Football Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest