NFL 2K16 on PC

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Re: NFL 2K16 on PC

Postby cyclone2426 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:34 am

I wish 2K5 had made it to the Gamecube, because 2K3 and NCAA Football 2005 runs awesome in Dolphin on my PC, but trying to run like NCAA 06 on PCSX2 is very laggy.

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:48 pm

cyclone2426 wrote:I wish 2K5 had made it to the Gamecube, because 2K3 and NCAA Football 2005 runs awesome in Dolphin on my PC, but trying to run like NCAA 06 on PCSX2 is very laggy.

How is that game, 2k3? As far as gameplay, uniforms, equipment, animations, and of course, game play?

I would like to know, because Arden05 says it is moddable......without texmod. He says he is developing uniforms, so I'd just like to know how the other aspects stand up to M08pc

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:49 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
cyclone2426 wrote:I wish 2K5 had made it to the Gamecube, because 2K3 and NCAA Football 2005 runs awesome in Dolphin on my PC, but trying to run like NCAA 06 on PCSX2 is very laggy.

How is that game, 2k3? As far as gameplay, uniforms, equipment, animations, and of course, game play?

I would like to know, because Arden05 says it is moddable......without texmod. He says he is developing uniforms, so I'd just like to know how the other aspects stand up to M08pc

The gameplay and animations are like 2K5, but interms of graphics and looks, its definitely dated. I'm also not a big fan at all of the playcall menus, they are quite weird compared to 2K5 or Madden.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:03 am

cyclone2426 wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:

The gameplay and animations are like 2K5, but interms of graphics and looks, its definitely dated. I'm also not a big fan at all of the playcall menus, they are quite weird compared to 2K5 or Madden.

That is pretty much what I expected. Perhaps he can come up with something cool. It's always nice to have variety, but it needs to be fun to play as well. Thanks for your thoughts.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:09 am

cyclone2426 wrote:I wish 2K5 had made it to the Gamecube, because 2K3 and NCAA Football 2005 runs awesome in Dolphin on my PC

Well that answers that.

cyclone2426 wrote:The gameplay and animations are like 2K5, but interms of graphics and looks, its definitely dated. I'm also not a big fan at all of the playcall menus, they are quite weird compared to 2K5 or Madden.

I see no valid reason to work with an inferior football sim to MADDEN 08, so I'll stand pat until a good 2K5 mod environment is developed, or a next-gen football sim is released.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

cyclone2426
All-Pro

Postby cyclone2426 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:42 pm

Gridiron wrote:
cyclone2426 wrote:The gameplay and animations are like 2K5, but interms of graphics and looks, its definitely dated. I'm also not a big fan at all of the playcall menus, they are quite weird compared to 2K5 or Madden.

I see no valid reason to work with an inferior football sim to MADDEN 08, so I'll stand pat until a good 2K5 mod environment is developed, or a next-gen football sim is released.

I mean I might play it for that 2K experience, but yeah I agree it's probably not something worth putting a lot of time into. Like I said the playcalling interface would be frustrating after one game. Plus from what I can see you have to load the textures into the emulator individually, theres no packaging like DAT or TPF. I would maybe look into modding the NCAA game just to have an NCAA base to work with but even then the same modding limitations come into play.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Yup, no need for extra work to play a game.

At 52.47% of all installed desktops, any next gen PC football sim had better run on Windows® 7.

I would not get Vista 10 (11.85%) just to play MADDEN 2017. I'd buy a PS4 if I really needed to run it. :lol:

At a declining 11.42% market share, the next-gen being compatible with XP is too much to hope for,
unless the sim was created by a smaller and hungrier company. ;)
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:05 pm

Gridiron wrote:At a declining 11.42% market share, the next-gen being compatible with XP is too much to hope for,
unless the sim was created by a smaller and hungrier company. ;)

That's what I hope we see in the future.

Now that there has been a shift to cpu programming, instead of forcing people to buy dev kits for consoles, HOPEFULLY we see more privateering.

I thought this shift would happen awhile ago. Not toward programming, but making the gaming industry more like film.

.. I suppose the indie film world is/was partially driven by the collapse of some of the major studios. But it has had a strong presence for decades now.

With licensing being what it is, stuff like Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, and Star Wars will always go to the whales. But the beauty of games is, you get to create and imagine your own world. Red Dead Redemption. Assassins Creed. It's the ultimate "if you build it, they will come" scenario. So Indie Labels out there have a chance to hit the motherload with every release.

I hope that's what drives the industry from here on out. I think they're the group that will keep gaming strong and cutting-edge. Companies like EA certainly aren't going to do that. They could survive for decades re-releasing Madden, COD, and The Sims.

Return to “Other Football Games”