Getting Microsoft Fever pc to work

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Looking for some help on Microsoft NFL Fever 2000pc. I have the game but can not get it working on my Vista 64bit. I changed the Compatability settings but nothing..any help would be appreciated.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ehlomint
All-Pro

Re: Getting Microsoft Fever pc to work

Postby ehlomint » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:17 pm

I'd like to know how to get working on a Windows 7 PC also. Do you have any utilities/custom art for the game, BUS?

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:44 am

I haven't worked on anything ...I want to get it to work first.. but so far nothing
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:27 pm

I can get it to run, but I can't get the hardware accelerated graphics mode to work correctly. it only works on the software graphics, which is very pixelly. And it was the same thing when I bought the game in 1999. back then i couldn't get the hardware acceleration mode to work, and when i tried it a few months ago on a more modern graphics card i couldn't get it to run either.

As far as getting the game to run on Vista 64 (where you can get into the menus and at least get the software graphics to work), try the following things :
-try each option in compatibility settings (windows95, windows98...i think one of them works)
-try starting the game with the CD in the drive, and use the autoplay main menu on the disc to start the game from there.
-i think the game has a graphics mode switcher application, if so try all the options in that.

it's a great game, but it's always bothered me that i was never able to get the game running with the hardware graphics. the 3d graphics mode might only work if you have the old voodoo chipsets from 3dfx Interactive that were around back in the late 90s. but i would think that there must have been a patch or some way to make it run on other chipsets. the game was so good that i played it a lot even on the software graphics mode. it might be worth trying with Glidos 3DFX Emulator. i'm not sure how compatible that is with vista64, but theoretically that should work. BUS36, if you get the game running, maybe we can work on trying to get the 3DFX hardware graphics mode to work.

wheeljack12
All-Pro

Postby wheeljack12 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:00 pm

this will get you working with nfl fever 2000. it's from a company called zeus sofware and it's freeware the progrgam is. It called nglde. here is the site for it. http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide (it works with windows xp,7 and 8) and nfl fever 2000 is on the playable list of games.

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:05 am

wheeljack12 wrote:this will get you working with nfl fever 2000. it's from a company called zeus sofware and it's freeware the progrgam is. It called nglde. here is the site for it. http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide (it works with windows xp,7 and 8) and nfl fever 2000 is on the playable list of games.

but not on vista? i have vista 64-bit. when you use nglide, does the hardware acceleration mode actually work? if so, how does the game look on that graphics mode?

ehlomint
All-Pro

Postby ehlomint » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:19 am

I got it to work! Now, does anyone have a roster editor???

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:09 am

My biggest problem is that it loads up (but even when I have tried DOS BOX.).. I even got the compatibility set at windows 95..it would show the game loading and verifying cd anf then it would go back to desktop.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Harry97
All-Pro

Postby Harry97 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:05 am

BUS36 wrote:My biggest problem is that it loads up (but even when I have tried DOS BOX.).. I even got the compatibility set at windows 95..it would show the game loading and verifying cd anf then it would go back to desktop.

NFL Fever 2000 is a windows game. How can it work in Dos Box? I can get the game up and running on Vista 64bit, but when I try to select my graphics card (instead of the software option) in the main menu and then go into a game, the graphics have all sorts of glitches. it physically runs, but the on field graphics are all kinds of messed up. i even tried installing nglide 1.01 on to vista. (even though it's not specifically designed for vista) but didn't see any difference. (still the same graphics glitches)

i might be able to help you with your problem BUS36 so you can get into the main menu, but I don't know how I can run the game properly with 3dfx graphics (without glitches) on vista. if anyone has actually figured out how to run the game in high resolution with their graphics card, without graphics issues, i would love to see screenshots. (even if its on xp, 7, or 8)

ehlomint
All-Pro

Postby ehlomint » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:39 am

wheeljack12 wrote:this will get you working with nfl fever 2000. it's from a company called zeus sofware and it's freeware the progrgam is. It called nglde. here is the site for it. http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide (it works with windows xp,7 and 8) and nfl fever 2000 is on the playable list of games.

I didn't see it on the list of games wheeljack12...what settings did you use, please explain

Return to “Other Football Games”