2k is coming BACK!

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: 2k is coming BACK!

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:10 pm

More information has come out. They're making multiple games and they have NFLPA license.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:51 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:More information has come out. They're making multiple games and they have NFLPA license.

Quite frankly I trust 2K as little as EA. EA caved to pressure with Battlefront II, and they are making a couple of decent games, but their sports games are a dumpster fire. 2K literally put slot machines into NBA 2K, but again... sports games are a dumpster fire.

I don't expect anything good.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

ram29jackson
Pro Bowl

Postby ram29jackson » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:34 pm

Not even worth thinking about yet

Dolphan
Veteran

Postby Dolphan » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:42 pm

ram29jackson wrote:Not even worth thinking about yet

I don't know, APF 2K8 was really good despite the lack of depth. I think the caveat here is "Can be simulation football, but not with NFL licensing."

That being said, I heard that people in the 2k5 community are modding/updating the game, just like the M08 community has/is doing. If I can find a decent rig to run modded 2k5 through an emulator, I'm jumping the Madden ship for good. IMO, 2k's always had better gameplay than Madden.

ram29jackson
Pro Bowl

Postby ram29jackson » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:34 pm

Dolphan wrote:
ram29jackson wrote:Not even worth thinking about yet

I don't know, APF 2K8 was really good despite the lack of depth. I think the caveat here is "Can be simulation football, but not with NFL licensing."

That being said, I heard that people in the 2k5 community are modding/updating the game, just like the M08 community has/is doing. If I can find a decent rig to run modded 2k5 through an emulator, I'm jumping the Madden ship for good. IMO, 2k's always had better gameplay than Madden.

I think so too, but I still find madden Entertaining in it's own way...well ,only ps2 versions now

Return to “Other Football Games”