NFL 2K3 on Dolphin Emulator (Editable)

Gridiron
MVP

Re: NFL 2K3 on Dolphin Emulator (Editable)

Postby Gridiron » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:58 pm

This was waaaaaay to slow on my Radeon 5450 based P4 @ 3GHZ.
It was still too slow with my recently acquired Win7 HP8000's desktop's built-in graphics.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4458 ... efurbished
So I just got a Radeon HD6450 chipset based graphics card to replace the mundane Intel motherboard graphics.
I didn't get anything special, I just wanted to keep the system quiet, and I didn't have many system watts to allocate for the card.
Found a low-power, low-profile, fan-less solution. http://www.microcenter.com/product/3839 ... Video_Card
The ~27 FPS Mario Superstar Baseball is now running ~55 FPS in Windows® using the Catalyst drivers,
(still only ~32 FPS in Linux with generic drivers though :x ).
So it looks like I'm ready to start checking this 2K3 program out.
Now I don't expect this will replace a modded MADDEN 08, but I do hope that I like the game's playing mechanics better.
I've never tried this program before, and I must learn how to use the existing setup, after which I'll look into exploring any available mods.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:57 pm

Gridiron wrote:This was waaaaaay to slow on my Radeon 5450 based P4 @ 3GHZ.
It was still too slow with my recently acquired Win7 HP8000's desktop's built-in graphics.
http://www.microcenter.com/product/4458 ... efurbished
So I just got a Radeon HD6450 chipset based graphics card to replace the mundane Intel motherboard graphics.
I didn't get anything special, I just wanted to keep the system quiet, and I didn't have many system watts to allocate for the card.
Found a low-power, low-profile, fan-less solution. http://www.microcenter.com/product/3839 ... Video_Card
The ~27 FPS Mario Superstar Baseball is now running ~55 FPS in Windows® using the Catalyst drivers,
(still only ~32 FPS in Linux with generic drivers though :x ).
So it looks like I'm ready to start checking this 2K3 program out.
Now I don't expect this will replace a modded MADDEN 08, but I do hope that I like the game's playing mechanics better.
I've never tried this program before, and I must learn how to use the existing setup, after which I'll look into exploring any available mods.

That sounds good.
I can't even run the dolphin on my laptop, but I am interested in what may come of this.

I agree, this will not replace Madden 08pc......and I don't think anyone should expect that. But, I am all for variety and other potential game options.
Good luck

GMG2014
All-Pro

Postby GMG2014 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:37 pm

Can You Update The Roster to This Game

michael206
Rookie

Postby michael206 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:36 am

Can you please give me the Dolphin edited unis textures? I won't steal and take credit for them or anything, i just want to use them for my personal use

trey31
Hall of Fame

Postby trey31 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:02 pm

I know this is old, but did it ever gain any traction? The Dolphins have the new logo and the Nike uniforms. Did anyone ever do any roster updates or check to see if any of the 2k5 rosters are compatible?

Maybe it's the way PCSX2 works vs the way Dolphin works, but the texture scaling seems to be better on 2k3 GC than 2k5.

EDIT: I started looking on YT for this and NCAA 2K3 and I have to admit, this looks pretty interesting.

Also, from the same video check out Brutus' shoe design at 3m10s or click this link to go straight to it... Same wavy-style pattern as Madden 08. :o

EDIT #2: Actually everyone has the same style shoe. Smells fishy. Or wavy.

Return to “Other Football Games”