INTERNATIONAL COACH LEAGUE

KingofQuincy78
Rookie

Re: INTERNATIONAL COACH LEAGUE

Postby KingofQuincy78 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:28 pm

I may be interested. I was in GBL before they shut down and I played one game in SMML which I just was not ready for the competition level so I dropped out quickly. What can you tell me about this league that is different from my previous experience?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Autococker93
Pro Bowl

Postby Autococker93 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:41 pm

KingofQuincy78 wrote:I may be interested. I was in GBL before they shut down and I played one game in SMML which I just was not ready for the competition level so I dropped out quickly. What can you tell me about this league that is different from my previous experience?

Hey man,

I wasn't in GBL or SMML so I wouldn't be familiar with what your previous experience was in either league.

I can guarantee tho that if you're looking for a more "sim" experience then you won't find one more suited than the ICL. However if you're looking for a bit more of an "arcade" type league then the ICL definately is not what you're lookin for.

I believe the GBL was started by some of the ICL GM's. I think that was the league that the Goodmans and B. Clarkson formed?

KingofQuincy78
Rookie

Postby KingofQuincy78 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:39 pm

On my own, in the past, I've just played vs CPU and played around with the sliders until it was not as difficult as possible for me to win. In GBL we picked our players up and watched our games. In SMML it was similar to what I did vs CPU except the human players seemed to have way too much of a lead on experience than I did. I was overmatched. I'm sure if that may be the case in your league so I'm just trying to figure out what the difference is. I'm guessing that coach league is different than the other leagues in terms of how the game is played.

Autococker93
Pro Bowl

Postby Autococker93 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:35 pm

KingofQuincy78 wrote:On my own, in the past, I've just played vs CPU and played around with the sliders until it was not as difficult as possible for me to win. In GBL we picked our players up and watched our games. In SMML it was similar to what I did vs CPU except the human players seemed to have way too much of a lead on experience than I did. I was overmatched. I'm sure if that may be the case in your league so I'm just trying to figure out what the difference is. I'm guessing that coach league is different than the other leagues in terms of how the game is played.

I've mostly got the divisions competitive with GM's of near equal experience and playcalling ability so getting you in a division of mutually competitive GM's wouldn't be too difficult really. I try to keep the divisions as competitive as possible so the same GM's ARE NOT in the playoffs every season and so that the same GM's DON'T HAVE a top 5 draft pick every season. The toughest divisions have an avg win% of around .600 while a couple of the divisions have an avg win % closer to .225 or so

If you're interested in applying and then scrimming some GM's, then go ahead and do so at http://www.iclmadden.com (top right corner)

KingofQuincy78
Rookie

Postby KingofQuincy78 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:19 pm

After reading over the rules I would definitely like to do a few test runs for a while before committing to anything. Its definitely a style and rules that I am not used to, although I'm sure their for the best. For instance, I'm used to controlling the players. Also, you have a rule limiting play-action passing, against CPU I use it all the time. If it was more like what GBL did where we just watched the games I wouldn't feel as invested if I took on a team. I didn't even have to be present for games or watch the whole game in GBL so I could have gone 0-16 and not really cared. When I played in SMML, I put time in practicing and then had to sit for an hour watching none of that matter. Although that got off to a bad start anyway, as my opponent was not communicating and I had to play someone else. Anyway, if I could just try it out a few times that would be great. I'll give it a try against CPU but that is never the same.

Autococker93
Pro Bowl

Postby Autococker93 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:24 pm

KingofQuincy78 wrote:After reading over the rules I would definitely like to do a few test runs for a while before committing to anything. Its definitely a style and rules that I am not used to, although I'm sure their for the best. For instance, I'm used to controlling the players. Also, you have a rule limiting play-action passing, against CPU I use it all the time. If it was more like what GBL did where we just watched the games I wouldn't feel as invested if I took on a team. I didn't even have to be present for games or watch the whole game in GBL so I could have gone 0-16 and not really cared. When I played in SMML, I put time in practicing and then had to sit for an hour watching none of that matter. Although that got off to a bad start anyway, as my opponent was not communicating and I had to play someone else. Anyway, if I could just try it out a few times that would be great. I'll give it a try against CPU but that is never the same.

No problems man. Yeah GM leagues (just set rosters and watch games) is a whole different experience than coach mode.

Reason we have PA limitations is because the 08 engine has some shortcomings in regards to PA. Never in real life would CB's just completely "bite" on a ridiculous PA situation like 4th and 30, but yet in madden, if you've got your CB's in zone coverage (zone coverage + loose man coverage) then they'll bite on the PA- moreso if their AWR is on the lower end.

KingofQuincy78
Rookie

Postby KingofQuincy78 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:40 pm

Sounds good. So do I still need to apply in order to do tryouts or is there some other way we can set that up? Also I'm going to be busy the next two weeks on a project but after that, I think they said May 7th, I'll be good to go.

Autococker93
Pro Bowl

Postby Autococker93 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:38 pm

KingofQuincy78 wrote:Sounds good. So do I still need to apply in order to do tryouts or is there some other way we can set that up? Also I'm going to be busy the next two weeks on a project but after that, I think they said May 7th, I'll be good to go.

Yeah its best to go ahead and apply. Doesn't mean you're committed to join. Soon as ya do, i'll post up your skype info so GM's can start reaching out to ya for scrimming. Also, I'll send ya our .ini and current .fra so you can look at rosters, etc.

KingofQuincy78
Rookie

Postby KingofQuincy78 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Ok I went ahead and created a skype account, I might have had one but don't remember the name, and applied. Also it took me a while to remember what the problem with submitting the application was because I had the same problem with GZL. If anyone uses an apostrophe such as in the word "I've" the application won't work. I'm not a grammar nazi but I do place apostrophes in contractions usually and the application doesn't like this. Just a heads up if anyone has difficulties applying or says they applied but you don't see it.

Autococker93
Pro Bowl

Postby Autococker93 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:53 am

Handful of teams opening including

Bears, Chargers, Lions and possibliy the Raiders

Return to “Online Play”