Preferred/Default Setup for Online Play?

jamesb0086
Rookie

Postby jamesb0086 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:46 pm

Hey guys I am new to this forum and the fantastic idea of a modded Madden for PC gaming enthusiasts. I have been messing around with the mods, and trying to get acclimated with playing online. I am having a little trouble figuring out the best way to play online with the updated rosters and mods if possible. The first thing I found when I came to FootballIdiot were the FF-FI XVI mod, Calhoupe's Madden scripts, and Rogerjinx's 2016 roster v4.0. I figured out how to implement all these things (amazing job guys), and at this point wanted to figure out how to play online (with mods if possible).

The first thing I found was the Rookie's Guide to Madden Online Play so I followed all the steps and got updated to v4.0 and setup Evolve.

This is where I started to have some questions. I could not get the FF-FI XVI mod to work with the v4.0 update so I looked online for ways around this and ended running into the MPN Mod Manager which gave the option to play online with mods, from this site: http://discourse.ansiblegaming.com/t/pc ... th-mods/30. This is a perfect tool for implementing mods, but there were some things that I liked with FF-FI XVI and Rogerjinx's roster.

Questions:
1) Is there any way to use all 3 together: (MPN Mod Manager, FF-FI XVI, and Rogerjinx's roster)?

2) If I can't use all 3 together, is there a way to use FF-FI XVI/Rogerjinx's v4 roster in online play? When I have installed these mods before my v4.0 patch changes to v0.0 or is MPN Mod Manager the only way to play with mods online?

3) Is there a certain default mod or set of mods that online users default to, or is it generally that users come to online play unmodded? (if there is one can you please tell me which it is).

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me for implementing the preferred settings for online play. All the work you all have put in to creating these mods, and especially this online community is incredibly impressive.

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: Preferred/Default Setup for Online Play?

Postby JSamuel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:39 pm

jamesb0086 wrote:1) Is there any way to use all 3 together: (MPN Mod Manager, FF-FI XVI, and Rogerjinx's roster)?

2) If I can't use all 3 together, is there a way to use FF-FI XVI/Rogerjinx's v4 roster in online play? When I have installed these mods before my v4.0 patch changes to v0.0...

I wish it was possible to use rogerjinx's roster for online play, but I don't think it is. The v4.0 update uses certain .dat files that FF/FI XVI also uses, thus they are not compatible with each other.

jamesb0086 wrote:is MPN Mod Manager the only way to play with mods online?

I've never used the MPN Mod Manager before. Have you been able to use it to play online with mods?

jamesb0086 wrote:3) Is there a certain default mod or set of mods that online users default to, or is it generally that users come to online play unmodded? (if there is one can you please tell me which it is).

Here's a quote from my Guide for Madden Online Play:
JSamuel wrote:Note: Generally we don't use rosters other than the ones in this guide, or mods, on Evolve for Madden online play. It is possible, however; to do so, as long as your opponent is running the same roster or mod. One mod that some people use for online play is the Monday Night Football Mod. If you want to use it, then just make sure your opponent is using it too, or the game will crash.

jamesb0086
Rookie

Re: Preferred/Default Setup for Online Play?

Postby jamesb0086 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:13 am

Thanks a lot JSamuel that was very helpful information.

I am not exactly sure what the limitations are for MPN Mod Manager but it does seem to contain at least some customization in an easily implementable package which is very convenient to use so thanks to its creators. Also, the site I found it at does seem to advertise this capability: http://discourse.ansiblegaming.com/t/pc ... th-mods/30

Thanks again for the info I will be sure to check on the MNF mod for sure.

Return to “Online Play”