Online Co-op Mode

smg387
Rookie

Re: Online Co-op Mode

Postby smg387 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:37 pm

Hello Footballers,

My friend and I were attempting to get this mode running last night for the first time and got a very weird issue. We were replicating the in app instructions perfectly from what I could tell, the online match would begin, but, we'd still be matched up in head to head mode. It appeared some of the code from the mode was working because the player indicator colors changed to purple and green as opposed to purple and yellow from earlier head to head test matches. Let me break down some of the specifics of our systems so hopefully you'll be able to spot an issue that we missed.

We're both running windows 7, 64 bit. Amazon download copy of Madden 08. We're utilizing the latest MPN amazon copy patch, MPN roster 23 and paired portrait pack. We're using Evolve as our VPN (the games were smooth and unaffected by lag from what we could tell). I'm using a norton online firewall package (I cleared all the apps listed above to any type of connection they need, I did NOT however try shutting down the firewall completely). My friend is utilizing some sort of free firewall options, not sure which, I'll try to update with that later. I'm using an xbox 360 controller with a 3rd party receiver (flawless performance so far), he was using a mouse and keyboard but will switch to xbox 360 controller when his receiver arrives soon.

Any help you gentlemen could render would be much appreciated.

Sponsor

Sponsor

StonedRaven
Pro Bowl

Postby StonedRaven » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:29 pm

smg387 wrote:Hello Footballers,

My friend and I were attempting to get this mode running last night for the first time and got a very weird issue. We were replicating the in app instructions perfectly from what I could tell, the online match would begin, but, we'd still be matched up in head to head mode. It appeared some of the code from the mode was working because the player indicator colors changed to purple and green as opposed to purple and yellow from earlier head to head test matches. Let me break down some of the specifics of our systems so hopefully you'll be able to spot an issue that we missed.

We're both running windows 7, 64 bit. Amazon download copy of Madden 08. We're utilizing the latest MPN amazon copy patch, MPN roster 23 and paired portrait pack. We're using Evolve as our VPN (the games were smooth and unaffected by lag from what we could tell). I'm using a norton online firewall package (I cleared all the apps listed above to any type of connection they need, I did NOT however try shutting down the firewall completely). My friend is utilizing some sort of free firewall options, not sure which, I'll try to update with that later. I'm using an xbox 360 controller with a 3rd party receiver (flawless performance so far), he was using a mouse and keyboard but will switch to xbox 360 controller when his receiver arrives soon.

Any help you gentlemen could render would be much appreciated.

The obvious suggestion is to run the program as admin, I am not sure if that will make a difference but try it.

I have used it, played with my dad, had absolutely no problem apart from the standard slight lag with Madden at times.

Follow the directions PERFECTLY. And if you still have issues look at the last bit of text under the directions...

*Make sure to use the 1ST GAMEPAD ON BOTH host and remote
computers. Failure to do this will cause the hack to fail.*

If you are following directions correctly the likely problem is the fact that he is using a keyboard when the hack was created for controllers.

smg387
Rookie

Postby smg387 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:08 pm

I appreciate all the suggestions StonedRaven. Here's how far we've gotten. We've included admin rights for the running of all relevant programs and my friend is now playing with a 360 controller.

Going back over the directions, we realized there were a number of steps that we were not following quite as closely as we needed to. By refining our process we were able to get the mode working and the A.I. choosing heads/tails, BUT, we always get a sync error after the coin toss and side selection. We also gotten a cheating error within madden during one attempt.

Can anyone speak to what causes sync errors and/or cheating errors? I've seen it written that the madden directory in 'my documents' must be identical between computers to avoid sync errors. Unfortunately, we've checked each folder to assure of this and we're still getting the error. Is there any additional patching that needs to occur in the 'program files' root directory to assure this mode works?

We were also hoping for some clarification on the 5th step of the mode concerning the using of profiles and loading of playbook. Does this mean that the the profile below the non-user team (aka the A.I. team) should be selected to my custom profile, but, the playbooks should be changed back to the default for the team (ex. NYG-Coughlin offensive and defensive for the Giants)? Or does it mean something else like the profile NAMED default should be selected with playbook changes or no playbook changes? Or that both host and remote should be using the same profile with the same playbooks? Any clarification on this step would be helpful.

StonedRaven
Pro Bowl

Postby StonedRaven » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:29 am

I did not use Evolve or any other artificial lan network. but I do not imagine this to be the issue.

This is what I did and it worked for me.

Updated Madden 08 to the latest patch (this can be done through the madden launcher)

Installed the latest FF mod on both computers. (you do not have to use the mod, but if one of you are, you both must)

I downloaded the latest roster, which is created by MPN. (can be found in the rosters section)

I launched the Coopmode program on both computers, then launched madden.

I loaded the roster on both computers.

We wanted to play as the home team, after loading the roster (Before starting an online match) I pressed CTRL + H and heard a ding on my computer, then did the same on my dads.

Connected to my IP address

Moved my controller to the home team, selected my profile and the playbooks we wanted to use

Moved my dads controller to the away team, selected his profile, but went back to the default playbooks for this team. In this case it was the Cleveland browns so I selected the CLE offense and defense.

Started the match, and we were both on the same team.

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:19 am

Hey guys,
I've updated to version 1.2 that includes a new GUI and bug fixes. Specifically, I have finally fixed the annoying synch error on the coin toss for Home games. The game expects the user to choose heads or tails and isn't prepared to synch the results of the CPU choosing heads or tails. So I put in a workaround in which the host computer user will choose the coin toss for Home games even though the CPU (away team) should be choosing Heads or Tails.

Check the first post of this thread for the new download link.

rampski
All-Pro

Postby rampski » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:42 pm

Just wanted to say this mod is freakin awesome. One thing that may be a problem though. Alot of time when the CPU punts, one player gets stuck out of position. Basically alot of the time, the CPU can't punt the ball off or they get a delay of game, or you can keep going offsides to give them the first. Otherwise this mod works great. If you could get to bottom of that calhoupe i would be forever grateful cause its pretty freakin fun!
Madden PC Network Founder (Est. 2010) - http://www.maddenpcnetwork.com
MPNL Founder (now, simply a member) - http://mpn.ezleagues.net
MPN Roster Project Lead - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15109

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:25 am

One thing that may be a problem though. Alot of time when the CPU punts, one player gets stuck out of position. Basically alot of the time, the CPU can't punt the ball off or they get a delay of game, or you can keep going offsides to give them the first.

Weird, I've never had this problem. I'm updating this mode to a newer (2.12) version. Check the first post for links to the newest version.

Onion39
Rookie

Postby Onion39 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Could somebody please upload the instructions? All the other links are dead and the file available on the links page only includes the exe but no instructions.

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:03 am

The link went dead so I uploaded a new version -2.14

The instructions are shown when you start the program. Check first post.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:30 pm

calhoupe wrote:The link went dead so I uploaded a new version -2.14

The instructions are shown when you start the program. Check first post.

I know this post is 4-5 months old, but I can't join the evolve arenas.
Is this still functioning??
Also, is it possible to play head-to-head??

Return to “Online Play”