Online Co-op Mode

calhoupe
All-Pro

Online Co-op Mode

Postby calhoupe » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi All,
EDIT: I've updated to version 2.12 with new scripts and bug fixes. There is still a random error that will (occasionally) cause a synch error within the first minute of the game. I've not been able to pinpoint the error. Read through the rest of this post as I have made some other edits.

I created this mod/hack in order to play online with my brother against the computer. The file includes directions. Basically both computers need the mod file running and the appropriate hotkey selected before starting an online game. The mod will put both players on the same team when the game is started. The host computer is always player 1 and the remote computer is always the player 2. I've written the code injection so that the remote computer will be able to see the play presnap except for the second half during Away games. There's a coding issue here that I can't seem to solve.

My brother and I have tested this code extensively over the last several months and everything's working very well. To avoid issues with synch errors, make sure you have the same roster and exact version of Madden/Football-Freaks mod. There can't be any discrepancies in the files between the host and remote computer.

Remember that although you can just play a normal online game, you can also spawn games from your franchise and play those online as well.

One last item: the mod includes a lot of new scripts that modify the game. Some of them you may not like and some of them you may love. In some future release, I may give the user more control of the specific scripts that are enabled/disabled.
One final last item: the mod/hack is not a virus! I used Cheat Engine to create the mod. Cheat Engine works by hooking into a specific process in memory and manipulating the code through code injection. This action triggers some antivirus programs to overreact to a harmless file because some malware use similar methods as Cheat Engine.

Please post comments and questions.

The file can be downloaded here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ugeofl

Edit: I've updated the file to 2.14 and I promise to check this forum thread more often in the future.

Edit2: If you have the Amazon digital download version of Madden, then you will need to replace the mainapp executable with the NOCD cracked executable found at GameCopyWorld.
If you have the original mainapp executable that requires the DVD, then start Madden first before starting the Online Co-op Mode.exe.

Online Co-op Mode

Sponsor

Sponsor

lionsfan
MVP

Re: Online Co-op Mode

Postby lionsfan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:34 pm

I am very interested in seeing what you have for a lateral script. Does it only work with human to human laterals or can you pitch the ball to the CPU?

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:46 pm

I've put together a few scripts. One script will pitch to any player; another script will pitch to just the running back. I'm also working on a script in which the QB during a passing play can truly scramble and have access to the dive button.

lionsfan
MVP

Postby lionsfan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:53 pm

calhoupe wrote:I've put together a few scripts. One script will pitch to any player; another script will pitch to just the running back. I'm also working on a script in which the QB during a passing play can truly scramble and have access to the dive button.

That is very cool. I can't wait to try these things out. Does it work with a controller? Or just keyboard?

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:05 pm

The lateral script works by replacing the normal dive animations with the pitch animations. When you press the button or key to dive, the code injection intercepts that code and replaces it with code that tells the game to pitch the ball. The user will only actually pitch the ball if another player is behind and close to the user. Anyway this occurs irrespective of using a keyboard or gamepad.

rampski
All-Pro

Postby rampski » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:00 pm

This is fantastic.. I have one problem though, pregame, if I hit control+H nothing happens, but if I hit control+A I get a check mark

Anyway, this could very well be one of the best mods out if I can get it going
Madden PC Network Founder (Est. 2010) - http://www.maddenpcnetwork.com
MPNL Founder (now, simply a member) - http://mpn.ezleagues.net
MPN Roster Project Lead - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=15109

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Make sure and download the 1.1 version. You should get a checkmark for both hotkeys.

cattlekiller
Rookie

Postby cattlekiller » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:22 pm

Awesome stuff man.

I do have some questions.
Is this just for single games?For instance going to network game and hosting and playing a single coop game?

Or can this be played coop franchise?

calhoupe
All-Pro

Postby calhoupe » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:57 pm

Or can this be played coop franchise?

Yes, this co-op mode will work for spawned games and normal online games. I use it specifically for spawned games that my brother and I play together with his franchise. I'm going to upload a new version soon because there's a flaw in the code for home games that sometimes causes a synchronization error after the coin toss.

cattlekiller
Rookie

Postby cattlekiller » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:59 am

The awesome!
I had just looked up how to start a spawned game and NEVER knew this option was there,I feel so stupid.
Can't wait for your next release, how often does the current coop version desync?

Return to “Online Play”