Annandale Atoms Freshman(Va.)

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Re: Annandale Atoms Freshman(Va.)

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:03 pm

BUS36 wrote:https://www.mediafire.com/file/cf8q9bji3dnszow/FIFA_Mod_Manager_v1.1.0.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vdwxtspi ... 0.zip/file

:D

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:47 pm

The new season has begun.. we are in our first week of Green Days( OTAs). New verbage all around. Offense will be just alittle different with our run calls and Defense is overhauled from going a 4-3 over/ under to the 3-4. Defense will have more alignments and packages. Getting to work with DL and LBs with hand placements to defeat blockers. We have about 60 rising 10th, 11th and 12th graders hitting the second day of 93+ temps.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:45 pm

Just finished our last Green Days"OTAs", this time it was with the Freshman class only. Looks like we will have a good looking OL and DL...good size. my LBs have good speed ...now just getting the understand what it means to be a LB, how to play our style and the fundlementals to be successful.DBs and WRs are a concern. Biggest problem is finding a QB...right now #1 question mark to solve.
Two more weeks of conditioning days and starting August 1..Varsity and JV practices start, August 8...the Freshman.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:33 pm

A good QB will be confident..... not as being a QB but about life in general..... confidence is the trait you are seeking

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:36 pm

Its not cnfidence in the QB ..right now we don't have a guy that can throw 5 yards
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:12 pm

BUS36 wrote:Its not cnfidence in the QB ..right now we don't have a guy that can throw 5 yards

:lol: Looks like it'll be ground n pound then. No sense in focusing on passing, get them prepared for a solid ground attack and good defense coach.

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:08 am

I never coached football however.... I coached baseball, soccer, and basketball for 20 years.....

I left the first practice every season with a rough idea of who can play where..... and I know that with your love of the game you should too..... I call BS

Don't overthink things..... keep it simple

Every team has some really good players and a bunch of average players and some weak players..... its what you do with those boys in the middle that make a difference..... Teach them coach....

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:25 am

Rix....

From all the years that I have coached 6 at HS level and 15 at youth league, along with playing the game, I can tell just by what we have on the first day. The reason I said the #1 weak spot is at QB (this is also not just me but the HC and the 2 other coaches agree) just even knowledge of the position. Yes taking guys and teaching exactly how to play the positionis an on going process, raising the ability of play from the guys who have never played before up to the guys that have experience is always a priority.

I will put this in a style you will understand better....right now we don't have a guy that could hit a fastball, curve or even an off speed pitch. That does mean we can't develope one through practice. One thing at freshman level of football we have 15 young men (right now) and only 8 have played youth, a couple played flag(not even close) and the rest never played.

So the teaching is the most important part...learning the basics is our key to success. The past 3 years we have had 3 starting QBs that played youth since the age of 6. Right now the guys that have been at practice have never played QB. The 3 young men that played QB this past OTAs have no prior work at QB.....That is why I said what I said. Plus the guys that are still on vacations are missing time that can help the team and there could be our QB class.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:37 am

It does take much longer when you have to teach the fundamentals. But hopefully they are quick studies and catch on quick, while improving as the season progresses. 32-Dive Left sounds about right at the moment. When does your season begin coach?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:20 am

What I am trying to say.... is you obviously enjoy coaching so what you need now is the players to buy in to what your teaching.....

Inspiration is contagious..... if you go to practice and you are inspired.... the players and other coaches will become inspired too....

One season in baseball only one coach showed up for the draft of a particular age group and he took the best players and then split the rest of the players up into the other teams..... I ended up coaching one of these other teams because they couldn't find a coach.... well in the beginning of the season this allstar team was just spanking everyone else including myself..... but I didn't give up and eventually out coached the allstar team that was undefeated until the Championship game..... This was one of the best seasons I ever experienced and I learned a lot from it.....

The players you are coaching are capable of greatness if you can get them to buy in...... You get them to buy in by showing your love of the game and being inspired about it...... always stay positive and never negative no matter what..... You never get down on a player or a team because you are not going to be able to make them be great..... You have to inspire them to want to be great and there is a huge difference between the two.....

You can do this coach.....

Return to “High School Football”