Making Americans into Wussies is their Goal.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:54 pm

Doctors now trying to ban high school football to protect teens from concussions

If the establishment gets their way, eventually they'll be strapping people into a Safe-Space® cocoon from birth to death.
For their safety, of course. :roll:
No bicycle riding, skateboarding, baseball, mountain climbing, running, soda pop, or gum chewing permitted.
Enjoy your freedom folks, for their writing is on the wall.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

Sponsor

Sponsor

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Re: Making Americans into Wussies is their Goal.

Postby JSamuel » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Gridiron wrote:Doctors now trying to ban high school football to protect teens from concussions

If the establishment gets their way, eventually they'll be strapping people into a Safe-Space® cocoon from birth to death.
For their safety, of course. :roll:
No bicycle riding, skateboarding, baseball, mountain climbing, running, soda pop, or gum chewing permitted.
Enjoy your freedom folks, for their writing is on the wall.

I understand why people encourage safety, but a part of me despises the fact that they're trying to make it a law.

Boys have to become men, and sitting on the couch watching YouTube for eight hours a day isn't going to get them anywhere. I'm not against YouTube, but if boys don't experience hardships, they're not going to make it in life.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:16 pm

JSamuel wrote:Boys have to become men, and sitting on the couch watching YouTube for eight hours a day isn't going to get anywhere. I'm not against YouTube, but if boys don't experience hardships, they're not going to make it in life.

That's what I do, and I think I'm pretty manly. A screw it, no I'm not, but I don't care.

Also, I'm removing the name for this topic until you include a name that isn't offensive or vulgar.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

RevanFan
Legend

Re: NAME REMOVED

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:17 pm

Also, the website you linked to is not reputable. It is well known for providing "irresponsible health information" and bullcrap conspiracy theories, and is not a valid source for news.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:52 am

RevanFan wrote:Also, the website you linked to is not reputable. It is well known for providing "irresponsible health information" and bullcrap conspiracy theories, and is not a valid source for news.

Are you sure you want to go off this high school football topic like that?

According to you Naturalnews.com is not a valid source... which is the same suspect opinion that emanates the establishment health care system seeking to maximize profits from their patients (and to not cure them).
For those of us who care about our health, and don't trust the deadly medical system and their prescription poisons the site is a very valuable resource. Capiche?

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: NAME REMOVED

Postby Austinmario13 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:36 am

I don't agree with banning high school football, but junior high/middle school? That's a different story...

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:09 pm

Austinmario13 wrote:I don't agree with banning high school football, but junior high/middle school? That's a different story...

I don't think any kind of football should be banned. It's a free country, and if parents want to let their kids play football, they should be allowed to do so.

If you ban football, do you ban kids from playing tackle football in the front yard on thanksgiving? Because there's no way you could enforce that law without basically having an American secret police, or by encouraging people to spy on their neighbors. Neither of those are good.

Taking away the right to play a game, no matter how violent it is, is another step towards where Russia is right now - with essentially no freedoms at all.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:19 pm

Pretty much all human societies have some competitions which are physical and dangerous.
Thankfully, here it is voluntary. :D
But for real, pushing this overprotective crap onto others is where I draw the line.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:41 pm

I do not believe any football should be "banned" or any sport for that matter. Any player who suits up knows the danger of the sport. I played middle school and high school football and I have some great memories and life long friends from all of those bus rides. Everyone should have that opportunity.

Every high school kid should read the warning label on the back of the helmet before putting it on.... then go out and have some fun!

"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:04 pm

First and foremost there are to many towns and school districts rely on football as their main source of revenue.I remember signing papers in High school to play football, stating that once receiving this equipment, I must follow all instructions by the manufacturer and coaching staff. It also was signed by the parents. The fact is that ever since the McDonalds coffee incident, people do not accept their own actions as their responsibility. 90% of all of these cases have started in one state..California. That label was placed there for one reason, to make the helmet company state to not to use the helmet as a weapon.

hlemets.jpg
hlemets.jpg (203.42 KiB) Viewed 4607 times

Look at these Game helmets from left to right : Riddell Revolution / Schutt and Riddell air helmets/ Spalding Suspension..
I remember wearing in Jr. High the suspension helmet and the air helmet in high school. My senior year Riddell experimented with a water helmet(1979).

If this would happen(the law) towns would then use non school affiliated football leagues to play football. Even though there are those league as we speak. They are Pop Warner and USA Football, high school coaches now must be certified by a certified panel of coaches.

The main thing is that it will be up to the player who should be held responsible for how he/she plays the game. Every player in fooball is told to never lead with your head..." see what you are hitting and hit with your shoulders".
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “High School Football”