Annandale Atoms Freshman(Va.)

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: Annandale Atoms Freshman(Va.)

Postby BUS36 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:15 pm

Rix...

I understand are coming but.... I never said that we could not develope to be our starter. Every coach looks at what he has and then teaches what is needed to be learned. High School everything has to be earned every position on the team. The ability of that player will be constantly be built up to become their best.We want these players to always return the following season, so teaching fundlementals is so very important.
Have you ever played football for an organized team like High School or College? I played high school and semi-pro, worked from being a walk on to starter... breaking down film, abilities and tendencies, so I can teach those to players to become better.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:13 pm

Well, one more day of Week One of Training Camp for the Annandale Atoms Varsity Football team. I have been working on OL getting in new terminlogy and some new blocking assignments down. This year's Varsity (JV squad to be determined) squad has hit 72 total players....unfortunately more skilled than grunts. We are solid at LT,C and RG. Finding the right LG and RT and backups seem to be more projects than guarantees. It does seem we have the idea of who will fill those positions. The only thing is the Head OL coach and I have worked our tails off getting these guys confidence up to be starters.
Cause next week the freshman come in and then all my time will be with them. Our first scrimmage comes on Aug.25 and followed by another tune up game the following week. Then it is GAME ON...time to split the men from the boys and kick ass.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “High School Football”