Annandale Atoms Freshman(Va.)

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: Annandale Atoms Freshman(Va.)

Postby BUS36 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:55 pm

We had our first Freshman scrimmage on Thursday...we played 2 x 16 plays ( offense-8 Defense-8)vs Two different teams. First up was against Alexandria City HS ( formally known as TC Williams (yes! remember the Titans fame). Defense did its job holding them to 0 points. Offensively we moved the ball 40 yards then stalled. Next up was Oakton HS same out come on defense but the offense made many mental mistakes and fumbled.

so keeping score for round one....
Alexandria HS 0
Annandale HS 0

Oakton HS 0
Annandale HS 0

Round two was a 8 minute running clock....
Annandale HS 0 Defense ..1INT
Alexandria HS 0

Annandale HS 0 Defense ..1 INT, 1 FF
Oakton HS 0 Defense ..1 INT, 1 FR

Overall the Freshman played well, but there is a lot of room for improvement. Our next scrimmage is on Wednesday September 1. This will be vs Robinson HS
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:13 pm

Well scrimmage #2 is is the books.....again first round both offense and defense did their jobs,, and then again round two was not as well.
Robinson Rams total points 12
Annandale Atoms total points 0

Robinson put their #1 squads back in during 2X 10 minute running quarters v Atoms backups..
The honest truth as well as we start we just run out of gas... out of the 17 players we dressed 14 played all three phases of the game.. the other 3 well if they can tie their shoes that is a plus. We did have another 6 players join the team Saturday and have yet to be able to practice.

We are a work in progress, but I will say that we are getting better every single practice. Many of our players have never played football before.

Next up Regular Season game #1 v Lewis Lancers(9/9)
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:05 am

Tuesday 9/14....
Annandale Atoms Freshman team (away) took on the Thomas Edison Eagles
Final score: 10-6 victory for the Atoms (1-0)

After a scoreless 1st quarter..
the Atoms scored on a 60 yard pass play, where the WR broke 5 tackle and then out ran the defense for the score.(Wuhrer to Belteton)(kick good)
then as the clock was winding down the Atoms kicked a 30 yard FG as time expired to give a 10-0 lead. (Belteton kick)

Edison's only score was a 45 yard fumble recovery and return for a TD ( kick failled)

Atoms defense forced 5 turnover and did not let the Eagles past their own 40 yard line until 45 sec mark of the 4th quarter.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Return to “High School Football”