Picking a College Team

LeNordique
Pro Bowl

Picking a College Team

Postby LeNordique » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:47 am

Getting ready to install the Heisman mod and Madden NCAA mods and...I need a team to get behind.

The problem is I'm from a state with no FBS team (Maine), went to a college with no program (George Washington), and have no strong family links to any program. I'm trying to pick my own team and I'm down to four, but with caveats:

1) Washington Huskies: big fan of Seattle, love Washington state, but Pac12 seems meh and the unis don't do it for me (Yes, this matters somehow. No, I can't explain it)

2) Navy: Campus and the town of Annapolis is beautiful, lived close by (DC) for a long time, love the history, but feels weird or even gross to root for them without having served in the Navy, never mind not having attended the Naval Academy

3) Boston College: Regionally the closest to home, but I HATE their hockey program and New England just doesn't care about them (and we're a region that loves its teams - even the Revolution might get more support than the Eagles)

4) Wisconsin: Best friend's team, I enjoy beer and sausage, but I also hate their hockey program and I have no other connections to Wisconsin.

I know this is a question with absolutely no relevance for anyone else besides me, but thanks for weighing in...these conversations tend to be fun at least with people making their case for their team.

If anyone needs advice for following college hockey let me know (Basically anyone besides Boston University. Go Bears.)

Picking a College Team

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: Picking a College Team

Postby Rixster67r » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:55 am

I play four different franchises that I created.....
ACC VS SEC
B10 VS P12
AAC VS MWC
CUSA VS MAC

The B12, independents, Sunbelt, etc are mixed in.....
I coach 2 teams in each franchise one from each conference
They are.....
Texas Longhorns
North Carolina Tarheels
Texas Tech Red Raiders
Kansas State Wildcats
Houston Cougars
Colorado State Rams
UTSA Roadrunners
Central Michigan Chippewas

These are my favorite franchises and sometimes I play other franchises but always go back to them

If you are interested in these.... let me know I have been considering posting them

LeNordique
Pro Bowl

Postby LeNordique » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:34 am

Nice! That would be really helpful if you could share the franchise files...I do something similar for the college hockey mod for NHL 09 and was planning on doing something similar here, but the intricacies of scheduling all the teams given rivalries and whatnot was daunting

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:55 am

I will post the franchise's today..... I have rivalries set for each team in its division..... each division is set up by region as much as possible for example here is the acc vs sec.....

AFC North
Kentucky Wildcats
South Carolina Gamecocks
Tennessee Volunteers
Vanderbilt Commodores

AFC South
Arkansas Razorbacks
LSU Tigers
Mississippi State Bulldogs
Ole Miss Rebels

AFC East
Alabama Crimson Tide
Auburn Tigers
Florida Gators
Georgia Bulldogs

AFC West
Baylor Bears
Missouri Tigers
Texas Longhorns
Texas A&M Aggies

NFC North
Boston College Eagles
Maryland Terrapins
Virginia Cavaliers
Virginia Tech Hokies

NFC South
Clemson Tigers
Florida State Seminoles
Georgia Tech Yellowjackets
Miami Hurricanes

NFC East
Duke Blue Devils
North Carolina Tarheels
North Carolina State Wolfpack
Wake Forest Demon Deacons

NFC West
Louisville Cardinals
Pittsburgh Panthers
Syracuse Orange
West Virginia Mountaineers

These franchise's are from the 2017 season.... that is the latest season I have.....

I have posted the Franchise's and updated stadiums here..... There are some other seasons include as well.....
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22420

Return to “College Football”