Historic Yankees Tournament

mee
Hall of Fame

Re: Historic Yankees Tournament

Postby mee » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:31 pm

RevanFan wrote:Up next we have #33 2003 (101-61, World Series loss) taking on #96 1971 (82-80). The winner advances to take on #97 1911. 2003's top players were SP Mike Mussina, C Jorge Posada, INF Alfonso Soriano, and INF Jason Giambi. 1971's top players were OF Roy White, OF Bobby Mercer, C Thurman Munson, and SP Mel Stottlemyer.

• Game 1:
    Spoiler:
  • Game 2:
    Spoiler:
  • Game 3:
    Spoiler:
  • Game 4:
    Spoiler:
  • Game 5:
    Spoiler:

Another upset, and one that particularly surprised me, because before doing this journal, I did a test run and 2003 won it all.

Aaron Boone not making the '03 list just for the one homer... That is why they lost
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:40 pm

mee wrote:
RevanFan wrote:Up next we have #33 2003 (101-61, World Series loss) taking on #96 1971 (82-80). The winner advances to take on #97 1911. 2003's top players were SP Mike Mussina, C Jorge Posada, INF Alfonso Soriano, and INF Jason Giambi. 1971's top players were OF Roy White, OF Bobby Mercer, C Thurman Munson, and SP Mel Stottlemyer.

• Game 1:
    Spoiler:
  • Game 2:
    Spoiler:
  • Game 3:
    Spoiler:
  • Game 4:
    Spoiler:
  • Game 5:
    Spoiler:

Another upset, and one that particularly surprised me, because before doing this journal, I did a test run and 2003 won it all.

Aaron Boone not making the '03 list just for the one homer... That is why they lost

That one homer was awesome, but wasn't he a backup most of the season? Or, like, a partial starter?

I'm pretty sure they lost the series in this tournament due to crappy pitching and fielding. In game 1, Mussina gave up 6 UNEARNED runs for frick's sake.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

mee
Hall of Fame

Postby mee » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:47 pm

RevanFan wrote:That one homer was awesome, but wasn't he a backup most of the season? Or, like, a partial starter?

I'm pretty sure they lost the series in this tournament due to crappy pitching and fielding. In game 1, Mussina gave up 6 UNEARNED runs for frick's sake.

Ya he was a backup, pinch ran in the 9th inning of that game I think.
So the Giants traded Beckham....

Return to “Other Sports Journals”