Teaser - MVP Baseball 2005

SCE2AUX
Pro Bowl

Postby SCE2AUX » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:58 pm

December, 1986 - Chicago Cubs main office

“It’s a crazy idea Murph, you know that don’t you?”

“Dave, you’re right, it is. Completely mental as the Brits might say. But I think it’s crazy enough that it might work. I just want to try it out for one season, see what we can get out of it.”

“It would sure save us some money, that’s a fact.”

Dave Bradford reminded Murph that while the Cubs were trying to save money, they still wanted to put a viable team on the diamond on all levels of the farm system. Even so, Murph’s idea intrigued him: take a team little league team from ten years ago, reassemble them as an A-level minor league team, and see what they can do. Get their asses kicked into next century most likely, he thought to himself.

“Murph, did you have a little league team in mind?”

“I did, actually. The North Valley League Bears, out of San Fernando Valley in California. 1976-1979, they had four good seasons then more or less broke up."

A/N - So, what do you think? Is this an idea worthy of following through?

Sponsor

Sponsor

PML17
Hall of Fame

Re: Teaser - MVP Baseball 2005

Postby PML17 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:10 am

Looks good! About to play some MVP12 now! :lol:
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Re: Teaser - MVP Baseball 2005

Postby DrBrownsFan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:17 am

Looks interesting! Where will you find the players though?
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

Return to “Other Sports Journals”