Ryan Tannehill Named Starter for Dolphins

NFLVICK7
MVP

Re: Ryan Tannehill Named Starter for Dolphins

Postby NFLVICK7 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:27 am

NickyJ wrote:
Danchat wrote: :o ?! The Browns are no closer to a winning team than the Dolphins are.

That's why I think NFL teams shouldn't smoke Weeden before a draft.

Danchat wrote:Weeden would fit in a team that is good overall but lacks a QB. Example: 09 Vikings (Pre-Favre) 12 Chiefs (Cassel is mediocre) 06 Bears

Exactly. I think aging rookie quarterbacks should only be drafted in high rounds if the rest of the team is capable of winning. Otherwise, you've just doomed yourself to the worst NFL class level: Mediocrity. At least the pathetic teams get good, young picks.

BelieverInTeal wrote:
Danchat wrote:Unfortunately for the Dolphins, they're likely to be stuck in the 5-10 draft spot for a while. Tannehill is too new to be replaced, so they won't even draft Barkley or Landry if they were available....(at least I don't think so)

I was referring to Nicky's suggestion that they should've waited one more year to suck really bad so they could take Barkley or Landry (or Tyler Wilson). The fans would not have stood for another year of a stop gap QB.

True, though I think Garrard/Moore could have held down the fort fairly well, and considering you'd get a much more respected player, I think it would be worth it.

Nicky I agree with you a lot on taking a QB only if you have a decent team around him. How ever there are a few exceptions. Cam Newton took the panthers to a whole new level. But he's a rare athlete.

Unless it's a QB like that I agree with you. Or if you want to draft one, let him sit until you get better players around him.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Sponsor

Sponsor

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:14 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:Nicky I agree with you a lot on taking a QB only if you have a decent team around him. How ever there are a few exceptions. Cam Newton took the panthers to a whole new level. But he's a rare athlete.

Unless it's a QB like that I agree with you. Or if you want to draft one, let him sit until you get better players around him.

True. Newton, RG3, and Luck, I think, are able to carry their teams even if they aren't surrounded by great players. They've got the skill and athleticism to make up it.

Return to “Miami Dolphins”