Chad Ochocinco tries out for 'Hard Knocks' er, the Dolphins

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:12 pm

By Chuck Schilken

June 11, 2012, 1:51 p.m.

Chad Ochocinco has tried out for the Miami Dolphins, the team confirmed Monday. If they're smart, the Dolphins will snatch this guy up as quickly as possible.

Not because other teams necessarily have been beating down his door since he was released by the New England Patriots last week.

Because "Hard Knocks" starts in less than two months.

After a quiet year in New England (he didn't even get a podium during Super Bowl media day), Ochocinco needs to use this time to come up with some wild antics and witty lines to keep us amused while watching what appears to be a pretty unamusing team prepare for the upcoming NFL season.

You have to admit, the Dolphins seemed like an odd choice for HBO's hit reality series. From the outside at least, there doesn't appear to be much personality there and no household names, other than Reggie Bush.

Ochocinco, already a reality TV veteran, would definitely add some charisma and star power to the production. Plus, the six-time Pro Bowl selection who spent most of his career with the Cincinnati Bengals actually might prove to be an on-field asset for the team.

While the Patriots' superstar quarterback Tom Brady had several other targets to choose from last year, Dolphins rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill doesn't appear to have that same luxury, especially after the team shipped Brandon Marshall off to Chicago back in March.

Doesn't seem like either side has much to lose. It's the "Hard Knocks" viewers who have plenty to gain.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-chad-ochocinco-20120611,0,5298166.story?track=rss

---------------
UPDATE
We just got confirmation from Chad Ochocinco that he has just signed with the Miami Dolphins. The 6 time Pro Bowler will now get a chance to finish his career in his home state. More details as they arrive.
http://ocnnreport.com/2012/06/11/chad-ochocinco-signs-with-the-miami-dolphins/
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Chad Ochocinco tries out for 'Hard Knocks' er, the Dolph

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Frick....

He's going to take airtime away from Mrs. Tannehill.

Littleware
Banned

Postby Littleware » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:12 pm

Does any one think Ocho Cinco will have any more fantasy value this coming season?

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Littleware wrote:Does any one think Ocho Cinco will have any more fantasy value this coming season?

Hell no! He played with Brady last year and sucked.
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:07 pm

I think the only fantasy value he has is fantasizing that a news report will come out one day that says "Chad Ochocinco Retires". And for even more fantasy, we'd hear that he had changed his last name to "Bufón".

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:56 pm

NickyJ wrote:I think the only fantasy value he has is fantasizing that a news report will come out one day that says "Chad Ochocinco Retires". And for even more fantasy, we'd hear that he had changed his last name to "Bufón".

:lol:

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Here's the analysis from walterfootball.com:
Dolphins sign WR Chad Ochocinco (contract irrelevant): F- Grade
I don't care what this contract is. It could be one year, one dollar. It's still an F-. Chad Ochocinco is worthless. He has no more explosion. He can no longer get open. He's stupid and doesn't know where to line up. He can't learn any offense. And to make matters worse, he poisons a locker room. There's a reason he's had no playoff success in his career.

The Dolphins have all but secured the No. 1 pick in the 2013 NFL Draft by signing Ochocinco. The organization, run by buffoon Stephen Ross, is a complete joke. This was done for publicity only. Miami got to see Ochocinco twice last season, so the front office has to know that No. 85's career is essentially over. Signing him is a complete embarrassment, and any remaining Dolphin fans should completely abandon their team until Ross sells the team. What a disgrace.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Danchat wrote:Here's the analysis from walterfootball.com:
I don't care what this contract is. It could be one year, one dollar. It's still an F-. Chad Ochocinco is worthless. He has no more explosion. He can no longer get open. He's stupid and doesn't know where to line up. He can't learn any offense. And to make matters worse, he poisons a locker room. There's a reason he's had no playoff success in his career.

The Dolphins have all but secured the No. 1 pick in the 2013 NFL Draft by signing Ochocinco. The organization, run by buffoon Stephen Ross, is a complete joke. This was done for publicity only. Miami got to see Ochocinco twice last season, so the front office has to know that No. 85's career is essentially over. Signing him is a complete embarrassment, and any remaining Dolphin fans should completely abandon their team until Ross sells the team. What a disgrace.

give chad a damn break. two years ago he was a pro bowler. Last year shud just be thrown out. He was bad, but some of tht goes on Brady too. But thats w/e.

He can still play I think. Why not give him a shot? What other good WR's do the Dolphins have? They traded their number 1 to Chicago for nothing. Really this can't hurt.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:
Danchat wrote:Here's the analysis from walterfootball.com:

give chad a damn break. two years ago he was a pro bowler. Last year shud just be thrown out. He was bad, but some of tht goes on Brady too. But thats w/e.

He can still play I think. Why not give him a shot? What other good WR's do the Dolphins have? They traded their number 1 to Chicago for nothing. Really this can't hurt.

I just knew that you were going to comment..... :roll:
I don't think it's an awful idea, as Ochocinco could play #3 WR, but he needs to prove he's not a cancer in the locker room like Randy Moss (2010) was.
If he tries hard and plays hard, the Dolphins could find a use for him. They have to keep him motivated.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Miami Dolphins”