Jay Cutler Comes out Retirement to go back to play for Dolphins...?

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:18 pm

Underachieving QB Jay Cutler agrees to a 1-year deal with the Fins after Ryan Tannehill suffered a potential season-ending injury.

Is he ready to start regular season games for the Miami Dolphins? Thoughts?

Sponsor

Sponsor

trey31
Hall of Fame

Re: Jay Cutler Comes out Retirement to go back to play for Dolphins...?

Postby trey31 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:43 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:Underachieving QB Jay Cutler agrees to a 1-year deal with the Fins after Ryan Tannehill suffered a potential season-ending injury.

He outperforms many of the other QB's in the league. His biggest problem is going to be staying on the field for 16 games.
My M08 mod work is all open-source to anyone who wants to use it in any way, no restrictions or permissions necessary.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:22 am

Kevin5455 wrote:Underachieving QB Jay Cutler agrees to a 1-year deal with the Fins after Ryan Tannehill suffered a potential season-ending injury.

He's like a younger kerry collins...a guy with hot/cold streaks but can work out 9-10 wins if asked to game manage and not win the game (aka he needs a good ground game to be effective)....

I think cutler is an average player at best (im no fan of him tbh) but I think if he doesn't mesh well with coaches/players and becomes a locker room cancer or the aloof/apathetic dude he became in his last few seasons with chicago....he will lose the faith of his teammates and coaches and be benched by week 3 or 4. If he wants to change his image from a pouter/whining guy....he needs to buckle down and take charge of the team with vocal leadership (something he never has done according to brandon marshall and other ex-chicago guys).....and he needs to play within himself by making safe throws instead of heaving the ball hoping his wr catches his reckless passes into double and triple coverage....

If he copies peyton mannings late career method of short slants and get the ball out in less than 5-7 sec he can be very effective....its when he tries to play hero ball and launch hail mary's that cutler gets into trouble....also his mobility probably isn't what it used to be in the pocket/scrambling runs so if he sticks with short high percentage throws he will take less hits (be more durable) and be more effective in the chunk yardage offense instead of trying to hit that 1 shot td he's always trying to hit but fails on most times....

if cutler does the above the dolphins can easily go 10-6 or 9-7 and sneak into a wildcard playoff spot (#6) but if cutler tries to gung ho it with rash passes the dolphins will be 5-11 and may be playing for a top pick qb in the draft late in the season via tanking....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:26 am

forgot to add...If it were me though I would take tony romo with an injured back over jay cutler.....even though I didn't like the cowboys I thought Tony Romo was a very good player and better than most qbs in that mid tier quarterback area like cutler, fitzpatrick, carson palmer, andy dalton etc....

he would be a better fit in terms of the dolphins because he's better at taking long ball shots with completions than cutler is who usually like charles woodson says throws it to the db's hahaha....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:27 am

ultimatum77 wrote:forgot to add...If it were me though I would take tony romo with an injured back over jay cutler.....even though I didn't like the cowboys I thought Tony Romo was a very good player and better than most qbs in that mid tier quarterback area like cutler, fitzpatrick, carson palmer, andy dalton etc....

he would be a better fit in terms of the dolphins because he's better at taking long ball shots with completions than cutler is who usually like charles woodson says throws it to the db's hahaha....

I'm thinking Romo actually wants to be in the booth. I honestly don't think he'll come back unless Dak gets hurt. And even then he might not. Depends on how much he likes the booth. I never bought into it when Cutler said he'd be retiring.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:20 am

RevanFan wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:forgot to add...If it were me though I would take tony romo with an injured back over jay cutler.....even though I didn't like the cowboys I thought Tony Romo was a very good player and better than most qbs in that mid tier quarterback area like cutler, fitzpatrick, carson palmer, andy dalton etc....

I'm thinking Romo actually wants to be in the booth. I honestly don't think he'll come back unless Dak gets hurt. And even then he might not. Depends on how much he likes the booth. I never bought into it when Cutler said he'd be retiring.

yea I don't think he wants to get beaten up behind a poor O line after all those years of battering he took until Jerry made him a solid O line starting in 2014 via the draft but sadly too late for romo's career.....

Romo could have prolonged his health/career if jerry did better in investing in a solid O line like his son did by bypassing the head case johnny manziel instead he wasted money on star players that were usually past their prime like TO and others...

there is a reason tony was good at throwing the back shoulder fade and post routes to the sideline on the scramble....because he was running for his life from an O line in his early career that couldn't block worth a dime....jerry would be wise to step aside and let stephen his son do the team buildling....because jerry always looks for the wow factor while stephen looks for buildling the core of the team as opposed to having 1 star player.....stephen will be a better gm than his father by far.....

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:46 pm

NOTHING would please me more this season than to watch JAY.bleeping.CUTLER dethrone the New England Patriots in the AFCE!

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:44 pm

AaronS wrote:NOTHING would please me more this season than to watch JAY.bleeping.CUTLER dethrone the New England Patriots in the AFCE!

WOW... :roll:

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:
AaronS wrote:NOTHING would please me more this season than to watch JAY.bleeping.CUTLER dethrone the New England Patriots in the AFCE!

WOW... :roll:

LOL....Jay Cutler dethrone tom brady and the pats hahaha no way.....the talent/coaching gap is so huge for the bills dolphins, and jets compared to the patriots..hotncold cutler won't dethrone anybody but may and that's a big MAY sneak the dolphins into a 6th seed wild card playoff position.

I'm really thinking though that by week 4 or 5 cutler starts whining/throwing his teammates under the bus, loses the locker room and is benched by the coaching staff for being a bad team player/lack of leadership and a rookie will get to start a few games while tannehill recovers (another wash up I might add despite the excuse of multiple coaches there isn't really much progression in tanne's game, heck even andy dalton is better at this point).

This will be a year the dolphins should tank on purpose just to beat the jets for the 1st overall pick.....because cutler is not a peyton manning lol....anyone who thinks he will save the dolphins and turn them into an offensive juggernaut is just plain crazy! XD

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:02 pm

The Dolphins will be great as a team next season, but Cutler will come out with about 20 TDS and 10 Ints and probably 2,500+ yards

Return to “Miami Dolphins”