Dolphins look mediocre after 40-17 drubbing!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:33 pm

Wow, the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets put a whippin' on the realing Fins. The loss could have been avoided if concussion protocal was properly followed 3 weeks prior. The team played flat, unispired and lacked focus at times while, the Jets looks poised to capitalize on the Fins who were clearly not in it mentally. Well done Jets, served em' right, tar-tar style!

Sponsor

Sponsor

lorak
Pro Bowl

Re: Dolphins look mediocre after 40-17 drubbing!

Postby lorak » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:04 pm

Yes, we also need to take into account that after just the first offensive play, the Dolphins needed to rely in the 3rd string QB.
Thompson played relatively well until the start of the 4th quarter. All went wrong after Sanders missed a FG to take the lead.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:06 pm

The League is about to hit crisis mode.

There are only 2 good teams, from what I've seen this year. (Buffalo, KC)

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:38 pm

AaronS wrote:The League is about to hit crisis mode.

There are only 2 good teams, from what I've seen this year. (Buffalo, KC)

... about to?!? The NFL has been in crisis mode all season. They are at defcon 4 now. The stupid coaches play calling across the league, too many unwarranted 4th down failures costing teams wins. The ref's have been the worst I've seen all my years watching NFL. T.V ratings are down. QB's wearing pamper dypers and short bus helmets can't even get sacked any more. Concussion protocal has been re-tooled again.

Defenses are literally handcuffed in all phases making offenses look better (cosmetic make-up does wonders). Now fans all over really think the offenses are better, nope offenses are literally singleminded one trick pony's. It's horrible.

What I've seen is that the media is somewhat dictating what coaches should be doing and who should be playing. Kenny Pickett IS NOT ready and needs be learning at this time regardless of the team's current win/loss record.

Every team is beatable now that defenses can't really play defense. KC's defense is bad and if the offense does not play hero ball every game, they will lose. I'm not sure what happened to the Raiders, they had a really bad melt down.

NFL is off to a rough one.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:13 pm

lorak wrote:Yes, we also need to take into account that after just the first offensive play, the Dolphins needed to rely in the 3rd string QB.
Thompson played relatively well until the start of the 4th quarter. All went wrong after Sanders missed a FG to take the lead.

Nahhhhh, no need for any excuses why the defense gave up 40. My dad used to say all 53 men on the team are pros. You can't use the excuse based on depth chart position as a reason why a player is not successful. No matter whether a starter or not, the 3rd string guy practices just like all the others. Had medical staff made a different/better decision on Tua's behalf 3 weeks ago, this conversation does not exist.

I'm not sure what "relatively well" means if the team only scores 3 points in a half. Anyhow, much football to be played, hope to see the Fins in the playoffs against my Chiefs if they make it that far.

Return to “Miami Dolphins”