Tebow Released, Signed by Patriots

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: Tebow signed by Patriots

Postby NickyJ » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:42 pm

What about Ryan Mallett, though? Barring his life suddenly taking a nose-dive, I think he's still the heir to Brady's throne. I think Tebow is simply another Belichick bargain bin tryout.

Sponsor

Sponsor

patsallday
MVP

Postby patsallday » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:55 pm

NickyJ wrote:What about Ryan Mallett, though? Barring his life suddenly taking a nose-dive, I think he's still the heir to Brady's throne. I think Tebow is simply another Belichick bargain bin tryout.

Clearly They have a plan for Tebow not at QB probably but Mallett has serious trade value because he was drafted in the 3rd round and has been training under Brady for 2 seasons. Tebow already has a role in NE or else BB wouldn't have signed him and attracted national attention. Mallett has potential though so it looks like a 3 QB roster next year.
Patriots win SB 49 Hopefully....

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:21 pm

NickyJ wrote:What about Ryan Mallett, though? Barring his life suddenly taking a nose-dive, I think he's still the heir to Brady's throne. I think Tebow is simply another Belichick bargain bin tryout.

Exactly! If the Tebow Experiment fails, they cut him and draft a QB in the 6th round! No harm done!
Mallett is the heir unless he gets traded. Then if they believe Tebow is good enough, he becomes the #2 QB. If not, they get someone else.
I don't believe the reports (about the footwork) very much, but we'll have to see it to believe it in the preseason.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

patsallday
MVP

Postby patsallday » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:29 pm

Danchat wrote:

Exactly! If the Tebow Experiment fails, they cut him and draft a QB in the 6th round! No harm done!
Mallett is the heir unless he gets traded. Then if they believe Tebow is good enough, he becomes the #2 QB. If not, they get someone else.
I don't believe the reports (about the footwork) very much, but we'll have to see it to believe it in the preseason.

I know it's just minicamp but I've seen small clips of tebow throwing the ball; Let me just say that the throws weren't as bad as before. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJJmU5gmmOg

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Tebow Released, Signed by Patriots

Postby Austinmario13 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:03 pm

The Patriots need to find another franchise QB sooner than later. I guess this a start. But my point is that Brady is entering his 12th year in tbe NFL. Soon he'll be retiring age and be eligible for the HOF.

PML17
Hall of Fame

Postby PML17 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:47 am

I think Tebow will win the back up job, but I can see BB playing him at safety if there is any injuries (See Troy Brown, Julian Eledman).
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:40 pm

Austinmario wrote:The Patriots need to find another franchise QB sooner than later. I guess this a start. But my point is that Brady is entering his 12th year in tbe NFL. Soon he'll be retiring age and be eligible for the HOF.

Isn't that Ryan Mallett right now? Most people consider him to be a future starter...
think Tebow will win the back up job,

Over Mallett? Hmmm, I don't think so myself...
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

patsallday
MVP

Postby patsallday » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:59 pm

Danchat wrote:
Austinmario wrote:The Patriots need to find another franchise QB sooner than later. I guess this a start. But my point is that Brady is entering his 12th year in tbe NFL. Soon he'll be retiring age and be eligible for the HOF.

Isn't that Ryan Mallett right now? Most people consider him to be a future starter...
think Tebow will win the back up job,

Over Mallett? Hmmm, I don't think so myself...

Ryan Mallet Preseason Stats
vs Saints 8/19 89 yards 1 interception 34.8 QB Rating
vs Eagles 10/20 105 yards 1 touchdown 82.3 QB Rating
@ Buccaneers 7/13 66 yards 2 Touchdowns 107.7 QB Rating
@ Giants 8/15 40 yards 59.0 QB Rating
Could've had a better preseason

Return to “New York Jets”