Tebow Released, Signed by Patriots

Loxley
All-Pro

Postby Loxley » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:39 pm

So in case you don't know yet (seriously when I woke up this morning I never thought it was probably the last day I had Tebow in an NFL roster) Tim Tebow has been released by the Jets today (don't even need to post a reference, consider it's Tebow, that thing will be on any Football page as of now)
The guy appeared to be a class act and his Broncos games were fun to watch but I think everyone saw that coming, Don't know if he'll be in an NFL roster ever again, nor if he'll be any time soon, the possibilities aren't too bright considering his obvious flaws at QB position and the spotlight that also follows him along but I'll wish him luck, I heard some Florida team in the AFL was offering a contract to him for the coming season.

Well, and then Aaron Rodgers told Geno Smith "Great things come to those who wait" a round and a few picks later... he got drafted by the New York Jets, explanation? Please? :?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Tebow Released

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:03 pm

The Jets shouldn't have even got him; He fits perfectly in Canada.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:05 pm

I'm going to make a far-out prediction and say Darth Hoodie signs him. He isn't afraid of signing misfits, though the usual ones have attitude issues. Plus, Josh McDaniels is there, and with Brady, there would be no controversy.

And it would be another opportunity to make Jets fans cry. :lol:

Loxley
All-Pro

Postby Loxley » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:18 pm

NickyJ wrote:I'm going to make a far-out prediction and say Darth Hoodie signs him. He isn't afraid of signing misfits, though the usual ones have attitude issues. Plus, Josh McDaniels is there, and with Brady, there would be no controversy.

And it would be another opportunity to make Jets fans cry. :lol:

You know, I was thinking the same for some time but as of now I don't see it coming, the Patriots have been restructuring their receiving corps all offseason, they're building the fast paced offense common to the Patriots and Brady, I just don't think they'll just forget about all of this and just sign Tebow and prepare an offense suited for him, and besides, there aren't many options for him right now, the Wildcat was a joke with him last season and the defenses this year are preparing specially for the Read-option.
I don't think he ends with the Pats, even if he agrees to change positions to be a TE there are better options in the market that don't grab the media along like Tebow does, he probably ends taking the spot on an AFL team roster like has been reported and if he comes back I wish him luck, great guy it seems, but not great quarterback

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:23 pm

I can't seem to find out how he went from a playoff winner to a bottom feeder. It was like the New York media ate him alive or something.
There's no real reason why he suddenly is terrible. The Jets simply wouldn't play him for no reason.
He's always been bad in practice! But he's so much better on the field! I can just see the Chargers picking him up as a backup. Come on, NFL, pick this guy up!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:24 pm

This bum finally got cut. For all of those who want to say he was a winner as a starting QB so was Vince Young with the Titans.

I'm not going to try to rip Tebow for being religious or try to say hes fake because 1. I don't know him personally 2. It is irrelevant.

This guy just can't throw the ball very well. Not trying to be funny or gloat but I throw a better ball than Tebow. Obviously there is more that goes into being a Good NFL QB and not just a good Qb in pick up games with your friends, but being able to throw the ball well is a pretty big need from your starting QB.

From what I can see the guy loves to play football, he always gives it 100% on the field, but sadly this isn't elementary school. You don't get any medals or ribbons for trying. He just hasn't shown any improvement, if anything he's gotten worse.

I feel like if he committed himself to being a TE he could be pretty good at it. He's big, has some speed, Not to sure how his hands are but that can be improved. If I was a team who signed or was going to sign him that's what I'd do with him.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:26 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:This bum
always gives it 100% on the field

Not to be rude or anything, but these don't fit well together in the same post. Bums don't give 100%. Bums give up and don't give it their all. (a la Vince Young).

Either way, there's still a place in the NFL for him if a team wants to try. He showed that he can win games when he lead the Broncos. If a team tries to work with him, he could probably do fairly well. He'll never be elite, but he can play.

What's the worst that can happen if a team signs him? He doesn't play well enough? Fine, cut him. But if a team signs him, they should give him a legitimate shot. The Jets didn't, so, naturally, it didn't work there.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:40 pm

From what I can see the guy loves to play football, he always gives it 100% on the field, but sadly this isn't elementary school. You don't get any medals or ribbons for trying. He just hasn't shown any improvement, if anything he's gotten worse.

????
The last game Tebow played was against the Patriots, and he did struggle. However, before then, (especially the Steelers game) he was pretty good.
Tebow barely took the field with the Jets, and proved nothing there. As in he didn't prove his incompetence there. Mark Sanchez proved his incompetence there.

Vince Young does have the motivation to pay off his debt. That's about it. And that's not going to get him on a team.

I will admit Tebow has an awkward throwing motion. If they could fix that, he's like a slower RG3 who's willing to take a hit every time he runs. He's fun to watch.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

treble
Pro Bowl

Postby treble » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:42 pm

Patriots need to pick him up and show the jets how Tebow should've been used. Have Tebow run up the score in their division games.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:01 pm

treble wrote:Patriots need to pick him up and show the jets how Tebow should've been used. Have Tebow run up the score in their division games.

The Pats are too traditional. Brady gets everything from them. No way he goes to New England.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “New York Jets”