What is going on with the Patriots this year?

El_Macaquito
All-Pro

Postby El_Macaquito » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:25 pm

I know it's only 4 weeks, but in a league so short, it's already a warning for the Pats? Do you guys think they'll make the playoffs, even in this WEAK division?
Best HC ever.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: What is going on with the Patriots this year?

Postby Danchat » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:39 pm

El_Macaquito wrote:I know it's only 4 weeks, but in a league so short, it's already a warning for the Pats? Do you guys think they'll make the playoffs, even in this WEAK division?

Very good question. The AFC East is probably the weakest division in the league. The Jets and Bills are 4-12 teams, the Dolphins look like a 6-10/8-8 team, but the Pats looked very bad yesterday. Tom Brady has nobody to throw it to. Gronkowski is getting double covered and isn't 100% yet, and all they had at WR was Edelman, LaFell, and Amendola. Why were both Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins healthy scratches? Also, his offensive line isn't very good.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:26 pm

Offensive line and WR corps. It's not Tom Brady. I'd be pretty pissed too if my coach wanted to be the next Billy Beane. The Patriots probably win the division at 9-7 due to the sheer ineptitude of the other three teams. Geno Smith, Orton/Manuel, and Bill Lazor - that's why the Pats will still end up going to the playoffs and exiting promptly.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

El_Macaquito
All-Pro

Postby El_Macaquito » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Danchat wrote:
El_Macaquito wrote:I know it's only 4 weeks, but in a league so short, it's already a warning for the Pats? Do you guys think they'll make the playoffs, even in this WEAK division?

Very good question. The AFC East is probably the weakest division in the league. The Jets and Bills are 4-12 teams, the Dolphins look like a 6-10/8-8 team, but the Pats looked very bad yesterday. Tom Brady has nobody to throw it to. Gronkowski is getting double covered and isn't 100% yet, and all they had at WR was Edelman, LaFell, and Amendola. Why were both Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins healthy scratches? Also, his offensive line isn't very good.

I know Brady isn't the main fault, but in the last two years, his QBR dropped severally. Besides, the yards per game and the points per game dropped too. Last year, they had a beautiful game against the Steelers and the team was kinda fixed on that game. But they were 5-1 in the season (only lost to the Bengals). And the Mankins-Wright trade seems awful, because the new TE can receive, but he was targeted only 4 times in the season.
Best HC ever.

El_Macaquito
All-Pro

Postby El_Macaquito » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:15 pm

And I think that MAYBE the ''Rutgers Experience" is over. Thompkins and Dobson were inactives for Belichick's option. They wasn't (or were'nt?) on the IR.
Best HC ever.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:42 pm

El_Macaquito wrote:And I think that MAYBE the ''Rutgers Experience" is over. Thompkins and Dobson were inactives for Belichick's option. They wasn't (or were'nt?) on the IR.

According to Rotoworld, Aaron Dobson has been inactive the last two weeks because he mouthed off to OC Josh McDaniels.

That trade is looking pretty awful. Mankins is badly needed and the Pats are looking pretty stupid...
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

El_Macaquito
All-Pro

Postby El_Macaquito » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Danchat wrote:
El_Macaquito wrote:And I think that MAYBE the ''Rutgers Experience" is over. Thompkins and Dobson were inactives for Belichick's option. They wasn't (or were'nt?) on the IR.

According to Rotoworld, Aaron Dobson has been inactive the last two weeks because he mouthed off to OC Josh McDaniels.

That trade is looking pretty awful. Mankins is badly needed and the Pats are looking pretty stupid...

Last year, Brandon Spikes was cut off of the playoffs, due to indiscipline to Belichick. One of the best Run Stoppers.
Then, Knowshon Moreno destroyed us on AFCCG. I REALLY hope that this won't happen with Dobson.
Best HC ever.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:53 am

This isn't a surprise to me. They haven't won a SB in 10 years. and if you notice they keep getting beat by teams who are more physical then them.

The Giants in the SB twice, The Ravens two years ago. and last year the broncos were the more physical team.

Back when they were winning SBs they were a physical well rounded team. Then they became an air it out finesse team. I'm sorry but you can't win a SB without a defense that can set a tone.

Dobson may not be a great WR, but he has talent and can stretch the field. right now Belichick doesn't have the luxury to sit anyone over a disagreement or argument. But he is too suborn to give in, and he's hurting the team by doing so.

I don't out it on Brady. As much as I dislike him, the dude is trying. But he can only do so much.

The patriots for the first time in years have to rebuild. Belichick's usually had other players to step up instead of having to rebuild but right now he doesn't. It happens to the best of teams. We're just not use to seeing with the Patriots.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

El_Macaquito
All-Pro

Postby El_Macaquito » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Now I can't understand what the heck is going on.
-From Patriots.com
STATEMENT FROM PATRIOTS HEAD COACH BILL BELICHICK
"In my year and a half with Aaron Dobson, he has always been respectful to me and to the rest of the coaching staff. He has never once been argumentative or confrontational. The suggestion and reporting that his playing time was in any way the result of a ‘loud disagreement’ with a coach is completely false."
Best HC ever.

El_Macaquito
All-Pro

Postby El_Macaquito » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:52 pm

AND NOW KENBRELL THOMPKINS IS WAIVED. WOW.
Well, I'll never forget the game winning TD against the Saints, Brady-Thompkins with 5 seconds left in the game.
Best HC ever.

Return to “New England Patriots”