Chiefs shake up front office

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:26 pm

John Dorsey is out as GM, Andy Reid gets a contract extension, and most likely, personnel control.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/22/chiefs-fire-g-m-john-dorsey/

There were rumors Dorsey was headed back to Green Bay earlier this year ( http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000771313/article/chiefs-gm-john-dorsey-emerges-as-a-potential-packers-chief ).. but that was on the heels of Eliot Wolf potentially leaving the team for the 49ers GM job.

Thoughts from Big Red Nation?

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Chiefs shake up front office

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:18 pm

AaronS wrote:John Dorsey is out as GM, Andy Reid gets a contract extension, and most likely, personnel control.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/22/chiefs-fire-g-m-john-dorsey/

There were rumors Dorsey was headed back to Green Bay earlier this year ( http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000771313/article/chiefs-gm-john-dorsey-emerges-as-a-potential-packers-chief ).. but that was on the heels of Eliot Wolf potentially leaving the team for the 49ers GM job.

Thoughts from Big Red Nation?

Andy reid is a great coach but he just doesn't have it to take the team to the top....the chiefs will be in the playoffs every year but not much else....they won't reach the afc champ game or sb.....Andy Reid just fails in the playoffs its a fact of life....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:35 pm

Reid doesn't have anything to be ashamed of for his job in Philly.

He took over a 5-11 team, his 2nd year the Eagles won a Playoff game.. his 3rd season they were in the NFC Title game... then he went to 3 more.. in a row!

He lost 3 of those games, twice to great teams (Tampa, Greatest Show on Turf).. once he did break the door down, he lost to Belichick and Brady in the Super Bowl..

I don't view that as 'failure'? He lost to 3 of the best teams of his era, 1 being an all-time caliber team.

.. then, after 3 years, he managed 1 more NFCC Game with a different core of players.

He won 130 games in 14 years in Philly as well as 10 Playoff games. He's hands down the greatest coach in Eagles history.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:47 pm

AaronS wrote:Reid doesn't have anything to be ashamed of for his job in Philly.

He took over a 5-11 team, his 2nd year the Eagles won a Playoff game.. his 3rd season they were in the NFC Title game... then he went to 3 more.. in a row!

He lost 3 of those games, twice to great teams (Tampa, Greatest Show on Turf).. once he did break the door down, he lost to Belichick and Brady in the Super Bowl..

I don't view that as 'failure'? He lost to 3 of the best teams of his era, 1 being an all-time caliber team.

.. then, after 3 years, he managed 1 more NFCC Game with a different core of players.

He won 130 games in 14 years in Philly as well as 10 Playoff games. He's hands down the greatest coach in Eagles history.

Again, I don't think he's a bad coach or failure....its just guys like him have great team records (most teams he coaches will at least get 10 wins guaranteed per season.....but when the playoffs come around he just doesn't win.....especially his play calling is very conservative and not aggressive/take chances like Pete Carroll for example calling for going on 4th down and stuff. Andy reid rarely does that, he rarely did that with the eagles and mcnabb and it cost them a lot of playoff games which they would have had a better shot of winning if they put pressure on the other team by being aggressive.......

His clock mismanagement on the last playoff game/lack of urgency cost his team big......yea people will dog Alex Smith as a mid range throwing qb who struggles with the deep ball but that offense had decent weapons to pressure the other team by getting a quick score but because of andy's waffling around it milked the clock down......

Andy reid is a fantastic offensive mind for sure but like peyton manning you can have the stellar regular season but what counts most is success in the post-season! Manning had stellar regular seasons but more often failed in the playoffs then succeeded....same situation with andy reid as a coach....great reg season....early exits from the post-season....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Return to “Kansas City Chiefs”