So...what's gonna happen to Jamaal Charles?

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:28 pm

I didn't really take the time to think about the Chiefs releasing him, but I also didn't think about where he'd actually go. Maybe be he could go to Minnesota to help out with Teddy Bridgewater and improve the rushing offense. The Vikings were 31st in rushing last year.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: So...what's gonna happen to Jamaal Charles?

Postby RevanFan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:21 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:I didn't really take the time to think about the Chiefs releasing him, but I also didn't think about where he'd actually go. Maybe be he could go to Minnesota to help out with Teddy Bridgewater and improve the rushing offense. The Vikings were 31st in rushing last year.

Minnesota isn't going to go from one injured older back to another injured older back.

I think Charles is going to try to latch onto a playoff team as a backup. He's already said he only wants to go to a team that was in the playoffs last season.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Kevin5455 wrote:I didn't really take the time to think about the Chiefs releasing him, but I also didn't think about where he'd actually go. Maybe be he could go to Minnesota to help out with Teddy Bridgewater and improve the rushing offense. The Vikings were 31st in rushing last year.

Well, Bridgewater's career might not play in 2017, not to mention his career might be over.

But the Vikings are very unlikely to sign Charles. As Revan said, he's already 30 and has a long injury history. The Vikings have shown interest in free agent-to-be Latavius Murray, however.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:41 am

Danchat wrote:

Well, Bridgewater's career might not play in 2017, not to mention his career might be over.

What do you mean Bridgewater's career is over? It was an ACL injury he should be back by mid-season?

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:02 am

Kevin5455 wrote:
Danchat wrote:

What do you mean Bridgewater's career is over? It was an ACL injury he should be back by mid-season?

Sam Bradford has been performing very well.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:04 am

Kevin5455 wrote:
Danchat wrote:

Oh no, no.
My friend, Bridgewater suffered one the most horrific knee injuries the NFL has ever seen.
Danchat is 100% correct. It is quite possible his career is over.

I hope he makes a full recovery.
But, even the "experts" predict a 2-year rehab.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:03 am

Kevin5455 wrote:
Danchat wrote:

It was an ACL tear along with a complete knee dislocation (which is basically the bones that connect at the knee separating). As qohelet said, it's probably going to be a 2-year rehab. The small amount of good news is that there was no permanent nerve damage, so he can make a full recovery. However, will he ever be the same football player as he was before the injury? I imagine re-injuring that knee would be really, really bad.

Anyways we should get back to taking about Jamaal Charles since this is a thread about him, not Bridgewater.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:18 am

Let me just say that if Teddy Bridgewater were to retire now, Sam Bradford would keep the starting position. Bradford isn't bad; but he isn't great either. I remember a few years ago when he left St. Louis, many considered him a bust because injuries put him down. He's gradually gotten better after a few years.

Back to my main topic about Jamaal Charles going to Minnesota...I think he'd actually be better as a backup rather than a full-time starter. Maybe Minnesota could draft Leonard Fournette... :mrgreen:

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:08 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:
Danchat wrote:Well, Bridgewater's career might not play in 2017, not to mention his career might be over.

Oh no, no.
My friend, Bridgewater suffered one the most horrific knee injuries the NFL has ever seen.

Wow, this is news for me... I had though the reason people weren't expecting him to play was due to Sam Bradford.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:12 pm

JSamuel wrote:
1312qohelet wrote:
Kevin5455 wrote:What do you mean Bridgewater's career is over? It was an ACL injury he should be back by mid-season?

Oh no, no.

Wow, this is news for me... I had though the reason people weren't expecting him to play was due to Sam Bradford.

Yeah... no, he got the full Joe Theismann deal.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Kansas City Chiefs”