Eric Bieniemy

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Eric Bieniemy

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:28 am

Why is Eric Bieniemy still an OC for KC and not a HC for one of the many weaker teams in the league who need a solid HC?

Is Eric being discriminated against? I think so.

How does a coach with one year as a coordinator, no Super Bowl wins, and only in the NFL for 6 seasons get selected as a HC (Vikings new HC) over a coach with 20 years NFL coaching experience, 4 seasons as OC, top 5 offense every season, 4 straight 12 plus game winning seasons, 4 straight AFC Title game apperances, 2 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl win?

:o :shock: :oops: :x Shaking my dam head.

Eric Bieniemy

Sponsor

Sponsor

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Re: Eric Bieniemy

Postby BUS36 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:06 pm

I think I may know why Eric Bieniemy is not getting a HC job.
1. He maybe promised the HC once Ried retires.
2. He interviews poorly.
3. Has he come out and said that he wants a HC job?
4. He doesn't want it?

There is a reason why he isn't getting the job and it might not be what everyone thinks.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:35 am

BUS36 wrote:I think I may know why Eric Bieniemy is not getting a HC job.
1. He maybe promised the HC once Ried retires.
2. He interviews poorly.
3. Has he come out and said that he wants a HC job?
4. He doesn't want it?

There is a reason why he isn't getting the job and it might not be what everyone thinks.

The man has been part of a successful organization working under one of the premier coaches in the league. KC is one of the better organizations in the league. They treat coaches and players fairly. They're not like the bozo's in Washington sexually harrassing staff members. They're not like Jacksonville, where the coach kicks his players. Or Dallas with a overbearing heavyhanded owner who won't allow the coaches to simply do their job. Their not the cheap Bengals or the Texans who don't respect the players. I'm talking prestige.

His resume should do all the talking at any interview and I'm sure Andy Reid vouches for him. If he didn't want to be an HC, then why waste time going to interview after interview every season?

How does Lovie Smith get another opportunity before Eric gets one? Reid probably won't retire for another 4-5 years or if he wins another SB. So standing in waiting for that doesn't make much sense. Then, they recalled Matt Nagy to work as a Senior QB coach.

I read an article about the situation. Some argued Eric lacks because Andy calls the plays, so what. He called the plays when Nagy was OC. That didn't stop Chicago from hiring Nagy. So that can't be used as an excuse why organizations won't give Eric a try.

I'm not saying it's racial at all, but clear discrimination.

Coach, it stinks and don't add up. The man deserves his opportunity just like the others.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:36 pm

MikeWest502....

I never said that he doesn't deserve a HC job. My response was to the possibility, why he hasn't been given one. Having run KC offense, Eric shows he knows what he is doing and is liked by his players. Also, could he be waiting for the right job?
I agree with you, I just don't understand stand why either....
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:13 am

How does a coach with one year as a coordinator, no Super Bowl wins, and only in the NFL for 6 seasons get selected as a HC (Vikings new HC)

O'Connell has been an OC for 3 years, and won the Super Bowl as the Rams' OC a couple weeks ago.

As for Bieniemy... I found it very surprising that new Bears GM Ryan Poles didn't even get him an interview. Y'know, the Chiefs executive who also happens to be a minority? How come he didn't add Bieniemy to the list when other new GMs got to add candidates to their HC searches?

Would Eric even take the Texans job if it was offered to him? That's a tire fire job that's a lock to get their next guy fired - it seemed they fired Culley so they could hire Flores, but then the Flores lawsuit happened, and the Texans figured they couldn't hire a guy who is suing the league. At least, that's my logic on the situation, and for the second straight year the Texans had to hire a HC who is clearly not going to make it very long. That franchise is ready to be the next Browns organization for a long time.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

navygoat1998
Rookie

Postby navygoat1998 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:22 am

I really wanted the Dolphins to hire him or at least interview him.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:29 pm

Danchat wrote:
How does a coach with one year as a coordinator, no Super Bowl wins, and only in the NFL for 6 seasons get selected as a HC (Vikings new HC)

O'Connell has been an OC for 3 years, and won the Super Bowl as the Rams' OC a couple weeks ago.

As for Bieniemy... I found it very surprising that new Bears GM Ryan Poles didn't even get him an interview. Y'know, the Chiefs executive who also happens to be a minority? How come he didn't add Bieniemy to the list when other new GMs got to add candidates to their HC searches?

Would Eric even take the Texans job if it was offered to him? That's a tire fire job that's a lock to get their next guy fired - it seemed they fired Culley so they could hire Flores, but then the Flores lawsuit happened, and the Texans figured they couldn't hire a guy who is suing the league. At least, that's my logic on the situation, and for the second straight year the Texans had to hire a HC who is clearly not going to make it very long. That franchise is ready to be the next Browns organization for a long time.

It would be foolish for Chicago to go to bed with another OC from KC after such an awkward/failed marriage with Nagy. That would drive the fan base nuts. As for the Texans job, they hired from within. I thought they were on the right track a year ago when they made the playoffs. But it's been shown that the Texans organization doesn't have a pulse on how to field a quality team.

Lovie Smith does know a thing or two about building a solid defense. But he's not the answer to their problems. I would suppose "any" NFL HC job would be fine to take for Eric. He may not win any Super Bowls right away, but he could be the guy who changes the culture and gets a team going to become a contending team of relevance.

Return to “Kansas City Chiefs”