Tim Tebow.....now what???

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: Tim Tebow.....now what???

Postby NickyJ » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:21 pm

So the big QB controversy there will be Adam Weber vs. Caleb Hanie for second string.

Shoot me. Now.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:45 pm

NickyJ wrote:So the big QB controversy there will be Adam Weber vs. Caleb Hanie for second string.

Shoot me. Now.

No, I won't shoot you. This is something every football fan has to see. It will be so... Well, you know when you see a wreck that is so horrible you can't look away? It will be like that.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

petroleum
All-Pro

Postby petroleum » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:34 pm

NickyJ wrote:And not to be offensive or political, but what if Tebow were a Muslim? Imagine for a second, Tebow is a devout follower of Islam, sincere and principled in his beliefs and thus bowed toward Mecca to celebrate touchdowns.

Bows toward Mecca to celebrate a touchdown? And what if there were a sincere and principled Catholic, would he take mass to celebrate touchdowns?

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:39 pm

I don't believe Catholics have Mass for every time they give thanks. I think they just pray. Also, it's hightime we whine about Troy Polamalu making the Sign of the Cross after every play!

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:49 pm

NickyJ wrote:I don't believe Catholics have Mass for every time they give thanks. I think they just pray. Also, it's hightime we whine about Troy Polamalu making the Sign of the Cross after every play!

That isn't as obnoxious as doing it verbally every time you have a mic infront of you. It's silent and just a gesture. He didn't have bible books written on his eye black either. A gesture compared to what Tebow does is nothing.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:23 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:
NickyJ wrote:I don't believe Catholics have Mass for every time they give thanks. I think they just pray. Also, it's hightime we whine about Troy Polamalu making the Sign of the Cross after every play!

That isn't as obnoxious as doing it verbally every time you have a mic infront of you. It's silent and just a gesture. He didn't have bible books written on his eye black either. A gesture compared to what Tebow does is nothing.

It is when the media decides to focus on it. The media has decided that Tebow needs to be controversial, and there is no better way than focusing on what seems to be the one of the most controversial topics of all things: Religion. The reason you hear it so much is because the media focuses on it so much. Did you hear the media playing interviews with Mark Sanchez over and over again back when he led his team to two straight playoff berths? No. Why? Because the media decided he wasn't worth being made controversial.

It isn't Tebow's fault that the media decided to make him controversial. Is he going to change the way he is simply because the media is focusing on him? No, and there is no reason why he should. He never asked for the attention. (Also, is having a couple words and numbers on your eye patches really that big a deal?)

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:33 pm

NickyJ wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:

It is when the media decides to focus on it. The media has decided that Tebow needs to be controversial, and there is no better way than focusing on what seems to be the one of the most controversial topics of all things: Religion. The reason you hear it so much is because the media focuses on it so much. Did you hear the media playing interviews with Mark Sanchez over and over again back when he led his team to two straight playoff berths? No. Why? Because the media decided he wasn't worth being made controversial.

It isn't Tebow's fault that the media decided to make him controversial. Is he going to change the way he is simply because the media is focusing on him? No, and there is no reason why he should. He never asked for the attention. (Also, is having a couple words and numbers on your eye patches really that big a deal?)

The media didn't tell him to repeat himself in every interview. He's basically using his religion to market himself. Weather that's why he's doing it or not that is what's happening. So some of it is his fault. Not all of it. But some falls on him.

What about when Terrell Pryor had Mike Vick on his eye black? He got blasted for it. No one really said anything when Tebow put scriptures on his eye black. In fact the NCAA outlawed it after Pryor had written Mike Vick on his. Total B.S there too.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:44 pm

NickyJ wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:

I feel that particularly with Sanchez, you're right. No controversy over Sanchez (obviously of Mexican descent) being called "lazy"?
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:47 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:The media didn't tell him to repeat himself in every interview. He's basically using his religion to market himself. Weather that's why he's doing it or not that is what's happening. So some of it is his fault. Not all of it. But some falls on him.

What about when Terrell Pryor had Mike Vick on his eye black? He got blasted for it. No one really said anything when Tebow put scriptures on his eye black. In fact the NCAA outlawed it after Pryor had written Mike Vick on his. Total B.S there too.

If a bunch of people brought their cameras over to your house, and started filming everything you did, and a bunch of people decided they were upset with your hairstyle, is it your fault for them not liking it? Should you change your hairstyle just for them, just because the media decided to start zooming in on your hair?

That is gist of this whole thing: Because the media shows up decides to focus on one thing that they decided was controversial, whether it be your hairstyle or the way you talk, people decide you need to change your ways. Neither you nor Tebow should have to change yourselves simply because the media decided to focus on the way you live your life.

As for Pryor and Vick, I never saw it or heard of it, but I don't see the problem with it. Unless it there's something obscene on the patch, it's fine by me. (That said, I can see that some people would be upset that player would write on his patch the name of a criminal who killed dogs. Still, in my opinion, he can do that. If he wants to risk people being upset with him, that's his own problem.)

petroleum
All-Pro

Postby petroleum » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:29 pm

NickyJ wrote:I don't believe Catholics have Mass for every time they give thanks. I think they just pray.

That was the point of the comparison. A Muslim wouldn't bow/pray to Mecca in celebration any more than a Catholic would have mass.

Return to “Denver Broncos”