Tim Tebow.....now what???

Robo COP
Veteran

Re: Tim Tebow.....now what???

Postby Robo COP » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:31 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:
Robo COP wrote:You know, it's crazy. Like, this one time I heard somebody talking on TV that I didn't like hear talking, so I turned it off.

If you don't like Tebow's beliefs and hate that he mentions god all the time, stop listening to him. Simple as that

Hard to do when every time i watch ESPN he's interviewed or they're playing an interview. Or watching a game that he happens to play in. Maybe he should keep his beliefs to himself and stop being a Jehovah's Witness about it. You don't need to thank god for everything you do.

And I bet most of the people who agree with what you said bash T.O or Chad for the things they say. At least the have put up the numbers to back up what they say. (Especially T.O)

I'm a little confused as to what TO or Chad have anything to do with Tebow and his religious beliefs.

And there is a mute button. IDK what you expect, for Tebow to stop talking about god because you want him to?

Sponsor

Sponsor

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Robo COP wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:
Robo COP wrote:You know, it's crazy. Like, this one time I heard somebody talking on TV that I didn't like hear talking, so I turned it off.

If you don't like Tebow's beliefs and hate that he mentions god all the time, stop listening to him. Simple as that

Hard to do when every time i watch ESPN he's interviewed or they're playing an interview. Or watching a game that he happens to play in. Maybe he should keep his beliefs to himself and stop being a Jehovah's Witness about it. You don't need to thank god for everything you do.

And I bet most of the people who agree with what you said bash T.O or Chad for the things they say. At least the have put up the numbers to back up what they say. (Especially T.O)

I'm a little confused as to what TO or Chad have anything to do with Tebow and his religious beliefs.

And there is a mute button. IDK what you expect, for Tebow to stop talking about god because you want him to?

Because T.O and Chad say what they want all the time. And everyone bashes them for it. Why are the rules different for Tebow?

And he doesn't need to thank god every interview. He's like a song stuck on repeat. He repeats the same thing 20 times per interview. So annoying. Makes me think he's fake.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:43 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:You don't need to thank god for everything you do.

In my denomination of Christianity, we are encouraged to thank God for everything we have and accomplish. I feel, however, that this should be done in private, and not in front of every camera you see.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

superben21
MVP

Postby superben21 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:58 pm

RevanFan wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:You don't need to thank god for everything you do.

In my denomination of Christianity, we are encouraged to thank God for everything we have and accomplish. I feel, however, that this should be done in private, and not in front of every camera you see.

Spot on RevanFan.
~ Superben21 | An active moderator at one point or another.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:39 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:
Austinmario wrote:Do I have the permission to post that picture on Facebook?

Well there's no copyright on it so I don't see why not?

I don't think Facebook lets you upload .gif's though.

It's worth a try, why not? All I was waiting on was the permission. 'Cause I didn't want anyone pissed for someone else (like me :D ) to steal someone joke.

coventryjets
Pro Bowl

Postby coventryjets » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:46 pm

What I don't understand is the US medias fascination with religion....in Britain no-one would bat an eye if one of the best soccer players was religious or not....Surely it doesnt make a difference to his/her playing ability.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:46 pm

coventryjets wrote:What I don't understand is the US medias fascination with religion....in Britain no-one would bat an eye if one of the best soccer players was religious or not....Surely it doesnt make a difference to his/her playing ability.

Yeah, I've never really gotten it either. It's not like everybody's ears are going to melt if they hear about religion.

And not to be offensive or political, but what if Tebow were a Muslim? Imagine for a second, Tebow is a devout follower of Islam, sincere and principled in his beliefs and thus bowed toward Mecca to celebrate touchdowns. Now imagine if the players Stephen Tulloch and Tony Scheffler mockingly bowed toward Mecca, too, after tackling him for a loss or scoring a touchdown, just like what happened here.

I know what would happen. All hell would break loose. Outrage from everyone. And there would be apologies. Man, would there be apologies — by players, coaches, possibly ownership with a slight chance of a statement from Goodell.

(A better article, which I borrowed the above from, can be found here.)

Anyway, just sayin'. There are bigger problems in the world than hearing someone give credit to Someone who he believes deserves that credit.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:33 pm

NickyJ wrote:
coventryjets wrote:What I don't understand is the US medias fascination with religion....in Britain no-one would bat an eye if one of the best soccer players was religious or not....Surely it doesnt make a difference to his/her playing ability.

Yeah, I've never really gotten it either. It's not like everybody's ears are going to melt if they hear about religion.

And not to be offensive or political, but what if Tebow were a Muslim? Imagine for a second, Tebow is a devout follower of Islam, sincere and principled in his beliefs and thus bowed toward Mecca to celebrate touchdowns. Now imagine if the players Stephen Tulloch and Tony Scheffler mockingly bowed toward Mecca, too, after tackling him for a loss or scoring a touchdown, just like what happened here.

I know what would happen. All hell would break loose. Outrage from everyone. And there would be apologies. Man, would there be apologies — by players, coaches, possibly ownership with a slight chance of a statement from Goodell.

Anyway, just sayin'. There are bigger problems in the world than hearing someone give credit to Someone who he believes deserves that credit.

Wow........that article makes a really good point. It really makes me think about things. :shock:
You make a good point....there are a lot more problems to deal with.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:25 am

NickyJ wrote:

It becomes obnoxious and annoying when every time he's in front of a camera hes saying something religious. It just becomes fake almost. Like a rehearsed saying over and over like a robot. Generic is a good word for it.

I don't watch football to hear a prayer every time a player gets interviewed. Play the game, answer the reporter's questions and move on. Stop with the generic lord and savor stuff. And if he were doing Muslim stuff the public would be in an outrage. Me Idc what religion it is. I just don't wana hear it every time I see you on TV. I don't dislike one religion. I disagree with them all. So this isn't a bias thing with me
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:16 pm

I don't want to change the subject, but QB Caleb Hanie has signed with the Broncos. So if Manning does down.............. :o :o :o it's all over.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Return to “Denver Broncos”