Tim Tebow.....now what???

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:28 pm

I have to wonder where in the world Tim Tebow is going to end up now with Peyton Manning in as QB. It'll be very likely he's traded, and I've made this topic to figure out where we think the best match is for him. Here's my little list:
1: Dolphins: Tebow likes the media, and Miami is the place for that. They have little star power at receiver with Marshall gone, and they have a under average TE. That fits Tebow. Plus, Reggie Bush along with Daniel Thomas and Steve Slaton should be a good combination at HB for Tebow. FB was important last year for him, and I think Charles Clay could be next year's super-super-sleeper. The big problem is their O-line, giving over 50 sacks. Plus they may be looking at other QBs.
2: Browns: The Browns need some kind of jolt. With literally nobody outside of Greg Little at WR and two mediocre TEs, that's a fit for Tebow. Hardesty and Ogbannaya aren't such a hit with him and they may need to draft Trent Richardson. O-line is decent, but I don't think Holmgren wants Tebow, but he needs someone outside of McCoy, and it better not be Tannehill.
3: 49ers: You might be going WHAT? but seriously, if Smith doesn't re-sign (which he should), Kaepernick would be the starter. Yikes. :( With weapons at WR and TE and a solid O-line and good RBs, it looks like a match from heaven for any QB. Funny, 2 years ago nobody would ever say that. Tebow would fit, but it's unlikely.
4: Bills: I really can't see Tebow taking a backseat to Fitzpatrick, but he'd be the starter by the end of the season. (I do like Fitzpatrick, but his 2nd halves are bad) The RBs are good for him, and the small options at WR and TE also fit him. If Fitz wasn't here, Tebow'd be the #1 option.
Where will he end up?
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

Sponsor

Sponsor

NFLVICK7
MVP

Re: Tim Tebow.....now what???

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:42 pm

He should just retire. Haha.
Miami has Moore who is better than Tebow.

I'd still take Kapranick over Tebow.

And the Browns could be a possibility but I really don't see him being better then McCoy.

Lets just face it. He isn't a good QB. He had a few late wins that hes defense and kicker carried him to.He isn't a star QB.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Danchat wrote:I have to wonder where in the world Tim Tebow is going to end up now with Peyton Manning in as QB. It'll be very likely he's traded, and I've made this topic to figure out where we think the best match is for him. Here's my little list:
1: Dolphins: Tebow likes the media, and Miami is the place for that. They have little star power at receiver with Marshall gone, and they have a under average TE. That fits Tebow. Plus, Reggie Bush along with Daniel Thomas and Steve Slaton should be a good combination at HB for Tebow. FB was important last year for him, and I think Charles Clay could be next year's super-super-sleeper. The big problem is their O-line, giving over 50 sacks. Plus they may be looking at other QBs.

Just a nitpick, but Tebow is indifferent to the media. The media like Tebow. Anyway, maybe. Since the Dolphins were willing to try the Wildcat not too long ago, I imagine they could try again with Tebow.

2: Browns: The Browns need some kind of jolt. With literally nobody outside of Greg Little at WR and two mediocre TEs, that's a fit for Tebow. Hardesty and Ogbannaya aren't such a hit with him and they may need to draft Trent Richardson. O-line is decent, but I don't think Holmgren wants Tebow, but he needs someone outside of McCoy, and it better not be Tannehill.

Doubtful. Cleveland just doesn't strike me as the type of team to work with Tebow.

3: 49ers: You might be going WHAT? but seriously, if Smith doesn't re-sign (which he should), Kaepernick would be the starter. Yikes. :( With weapons at WR and TE and a solid O-line and good RBs, it looks like a match from heaven for any QB. Funny, 2 years ago nobody would ever say that. Tebow would fit, but it's unlikely.

Smith is going to be back with the 9ers. No way he's giving up a Super Bowl contending team.

4: Bills: I really can't see Tebow taking a backseat to Fitzpatrick, but he'd be the starter by the end of the season. (I do like Fitzpatrick, but his 2nd halves are bad) The RBs are good for him, and the small options at WR and TE also fit him. If Fitz wasn't here, Tebow'd be the #1 option.

Eh, I think the Bills will stick with Fitz until at least they draft a QB. Tebow won't be there.

Where will he end up?

I expect it to be either Jacksonville or Miami.

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:11 pm

I think he actually might go to Jacksonville. It all makes sense. Jacksonville is in Florida -- Home of the Florida Gators; The college where Tim Tebow came from. :idea:

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Austinmario wrote:

I think he actually might go to Jacksonville. It all makes sense. Jacksonville is in Florida -- Home of the Florida Gators; The college where Tim Tebow came from. :idea:

The Jaguars have said that "they don't want Tebow." They are married to Gabbert, at least for 2012, and also have Henne in. They're not going to trade for Tebow.
The only true team that makes sense is the Miami Dolphins. Of course, Manning to the Broncos didn't make too much sense either, so maybe some team will surprise us....
One other thing. How much will Tebow be traded for? What is he worth? My preliminary guess is a 2nd and 4th rounder, but all QBs being traded for are worth much more than they should get (Kolb, Palmer trade). But the demand for Tebow isn't too high.....but his value will be boosted with QB Inflation!

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:49 pm

Danchat wrote:The Jaguars have said that "they don't want Tebow."

Shahid Khan begs to differ.

They are married to Gabbert, at least for 2012, and also have Henne in. They're not going to trade for Tebow.

If you're desperate for revenue, and you're team is in Florida, you're going to want Tebow. An excellent mustache alone isn't going to get you the money you want, though it can go a long way. Image That's where Tebow comes in.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:55 pm

The Dolphins have signed QB David Garrard, and apparently, don't have a lot of interest in Tebow. Garrard is 34 and coming off surgery, is this seriously happening? Why wouldn't they just trade for Tebow??? The Fins have very little with Moore and Garrard on that roster........
EDIT: Many teams have contacted the Broncos about Tebow. I think the winning team will be a surprise one....

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:57 pm

Danchat wrote:The Dolphins have signed QB David Garrard, and apparently, don't have a lot of interest in Tebow. Garrard is 34 and coming off surgery, is this seriously happening? Why wouldn't they just trade for Tebow??? The Fins have very little with Moore and Garrard on that roster........

Because Garrard is twice the QB Tebow is. People need to realize he sucks. He caught lightning in a bottle against the Steelers, but the rest of his wins his defense basically carried him to
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:35 pm

If I were Smith, the price just went way up. No hometown discount to go back to the Niners. I'd be some mixture of pissed and laughing histerically at the Niners now that they tried and failed to get someone better than him.

As for Tebow, nicky is right. Khan just bought the team and yes, they have Gabbert and Henne but what would stop them from getting Tebow if it meant that they could finally go through a year where they don't have to tarp any seats? The man's looking for some return on his investment and this would be one way to do it.

I think an interesting situation would be New England tbh. Josh McDaniels is back there now, Belichick has always been interested with Tebow and if there's a role for Tebow that no one has thought of before, Belichick would be the likeliest man to come up with it.

Now I must say a few words on the Dolphins, because they are my team afterall. Signing Garrard might stop us from signing Tebow, but it doesn't mean we won't finally take a QB in the first round or at least a guy the team will build around. But patience is wearing thin. If we don't draft a QB, I might be doing some of this:

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:56 pm

BelieverInTeal wrote:Image

JERRY!! Man, I love Seinfeld.

Anyway, I have no idea what will happen to Tebow. All I know is that he probably won't do well. He is not a very good quarterback. I agree with NFLVick7. Garrard, at least two years ago, was twice the quarterback Tebow is. If his injury and lack of playing time didn't hurt him any, he will still be quite better than Tebow. Tebow just has luck and a great amount of support from his team.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “Denver Broncos”