Peyton Manning - the latest Colt QB to join Denver

BelieverInTeal
Hall of Fame

Postby BelieverInTeal » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter wrote:Peyton Manning will become the next quarterback of the Denver Broncos, barring a snag during intensified contract negotiations that have commenced under the instruction of the four-time MVP to his agent Tom Condon, according to multiple sources.

Once the Manning deal becomes official, Denver will try to trade Tim Tebow, according to sources.

Full Story

Get used to it.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Peyton Manning - the latest Colt QB to join Denver

Postby RevanFan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:44 pm

That is going to be hard to get used to.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sidelion
MVP

Postby Sidelion » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Awful choice IMO. Somebody's in desperate need of WRs now.

Still, John Fox made Tim Tebow look good, let's see if he can overcome the high altitude, cold weather and complete lack of a receiving corps. It's a shame Fox is scrapping his option offense after just one season though, sorta like the Bills' modern rendition of the T-formation.
"Why do you go away? So that you can come back.
So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors.
And the people there see you differently, too."

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Sidelion wrote:Awful choice IMO. Somebody's in desperate need of WRs now.

Still, John Fox made Tim Tebow look good, let's see if he can overcome the high altitude, cold weather and complete lack of a receiving corps. It's a shame Fox is scrapping his option offense after just one season though, sorta like the Bills' modern rendition of the T-formation.

I just don't get it......after Tebow leading them 8-3 was it? He got them into the playoffs and past the Steelers......and YES he has accuracy problems and YES he sucks at times, but Denver's offense was built around him! Peyton Manning has almost nothing to throw to! Thomas and Decker are decent and can be good, but there's literally nothing behind them. They have pedestrians at TE. Their O-line was just barely getting by last season. The Broncos may not make the playoffs next season.
Plus......all those poor fans who bought Tebow jerseys! Including me!!!!!!!!!! :evil: He led the league in jersey sales and now is expected to be traded already????!!!
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:05 pm

Danchat wrote:
Sidelion wrote:Awful choice IMO. Somebody's in desperate need of WRs now.

I just don't get it......after Tebow leading them 8-3 was it? He got them into the playoffs and past the Steelers......and YES he has accuracy problems and YES he sucks at times, but Denver's offense was built around him! Peyton Manning has almost nothing to throw to! Thomas and Decker are decent and can be good, but there's literally nothing behind them. They have pedestrians at TE. Their O-line was just barely getting by last season. The Broncos may not make the playoffs next season.
Plus......all those poor fans who bought Tebow jerseys! Including me!!!!!!!!!! :evil: He led the league in jersey sales and now is expected to be traded already????!!!

Yeah, I think it was bad as well. Love him or hate him, Tebow was the QB when the Broncos beat the Steelers in the playoffs. And that's with Elway's destruction of the roster. I think Elway ditched a possible playoff team too fast.

Mr.Clemens
Rookie

Postby Mr.Clemens » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:10 am

Seen how he played this pre-season, and he took some hits too, I say I am glad we have him over Tebow.
I couldn't resist another season of trying to win it in the 4th qtr, with lousy plays all through the game before trying in the end to give hopes to the fans.
Plus, Tebow was clearly not the solution. He was the answer for short terms.

Only Josh McCrappyDaniels can tell us all what he saw in Tebow that he invsted a 1st round pick in the Bible lover!

Return to “Denver Broncos”