Has Manning been using?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Has Manning been using?

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:12 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... gh-in-2011

Saw the above story at NFL.com and there have been rumors for years about this.....but I think even if Manning did or didn't the NFL will still let it roll over (like Ray Lewis' HGH stories) to protect their brand image and Manning will still be a 1st ballot HOFer.

Still though if this is true it will tarnish his "spotless" image in NFL fandom.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Has Manning been using?

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Has Manning been using?

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:36 am

Anyone want to give an opinion????
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:38 am

The documentary is probably BS, but there's no way to tell if it really happened or not.

Wasn't the accusation of Manning using HGH to help heal his neck back in 2011? First off, that's a few months before the NFL even banned HGH. Second off, I wouldn't be mad at a player who's using something like that to help heal a neck injury as much as using a drug to enhance their playing ability.
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:47 am

Danchat wrote:The documentary is probably BS, but there's no way to tell if it really happened or not.

Wasn't the accusation of Manning using HGH to help heal his neck back in 2011? First off, that's a few months before the NFL even banned HGH. Second off, I wouldn't be mad at a player who's using something like that to help heal a neck injury as much as using a drug to enhance their playing ability.

Yea Ray Lewis was questioned about it during his last SB run, but I think since these guys are both old, the NFL will sweep it under the rug....

Raston
MVP

Postby Raston » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:16 pm

Why should we believe Al Jazeera?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:10 pm

Raston wrote:Why should we believe Al Jazeera?

They're usually considered a reputable news source, but I find it strange for them to be the main reporter of this issue. Usually stuff like this goes to ESPN or Fox Sports or something like that first.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:22 pm

RevanFan wrote:

They're usually considered a reputable news source, but I find it strange for them to be the main reporter of this issue. Usually stuff like this goes to ESPN or Fox Sports or something like that first.

Also, because it could cause negative feedback from viewers /decreased viewership, and also commercials featuring manning and the other's accused would have to be removed temporarily (which would hurt advertising money ESPN/Fox could get from advertisers such as direct TV.....

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:41 pm

ultimatum77 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Also, because it could cause negative feedback from viewers /decreased viewership, and also commercials featuring manning and the other's accused would have to be removed temporarily (which would hurt advertising money ESPN/Fox could get from advertisers such as direct TV.....

Fair enough, I suppose. Al Jazeera has less stock in the NFL, and would take less of a hit for reporting it.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:31 am

Also, because it could cause negative feedback from viewers /decreased viewership, and also commercials featuring manning and the other's accused would have to be removed temporarily (which would hurt advertising money ESPN/Fox could get from advertisers such as direct TV.....[/quote]
Fair enough, I suppose. Al Jazeera has less stock in the NFL, and would take less of a hit for reporting it.[/quote]

Yup, you don't bite the hand that feeds you :D

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:42 am

At least Peyton Manning not using LSD or Ecstasy. :roll:

Return to “Denver Broncos”