Well the Raiders are screwed

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Well the Raiders are screwed

Postby RevanFan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:09 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:WORST TRADE EVER. Carson showed last year he isn't anything special anymore. The gave waaaaaaaaaaaay to much for him, and he still has to learn the offense. Horrible trade, and you basically just told Jason Campbell Who I think is a better fit then Palmer to go F*ck himself. Dumb ass trade.

Worst trade ever? Ever heard the name Herschel Walker? Worst trade ever is a little extreme, but I agree that it is a very bad trade and shows massive signs of desperation from the Raiders. Give one guaranteed and possibly two first-round picks for a 32-year-old declining quarterback who hasn't even practiced since last season? That sounds awfully stupid to me. And I agree that Campbell is a better fit. I don't see the Palmer trade working out.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:25 pm

I've always liked Palmer, but he hasn't been the same since he got Kimo'd in that Playoff game.

Worst trade ever? Time will tell, but I highly doubt it. Palmer will have to bomb horribly to compare to the worst QB trades (Elway, Favre, Young) The Raiders have sure thrown in the towel on their 2012 Draft. I think they're down to 2 picks now. So if they miss the Playoffs or regress severly next season, this will prove pretty costly.

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:29 pm

RevanFan wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:WORST TRADE EVER. Carson showed last year he isn't anything special anymore. The gave waaaaaaaaaaaay to much for him, and he still has to learn the offense. Horrible trade, and you basically just told Jason Campbell Who I think is a better fit then Palmer to go F*ck himself. Dumb ass trade.

Worst trade ever? Ever heard the name Herschel Walker? Worst trade ever is a little extreme, but I agree that it is a very bad trade and shows massive signs of desperation from the Raiders. Give one guaranteed and possibly two first-round picks for a 32-year-old declining quarterback who hasn't even practiced since last season? That sounds awfully stupid to me. And I agree that Campbell is a better fit. I don't see the Palmer trade working out.

Herschel Walker...... :( :o :shock: :? :x :cry: :oops: :evil: ............that's all I have to say about him. (worst trade ever in my opinion:http://www.1500espn.com/blogs/mobi/?p=new_leader_for_worstever_twins_trade)
Carson Palmer is decent. He's worth a 3rd round pick in my opinion, and not anymore. Nothing close to a 1st round pick, and maybe even another one (Raiders what are you thinking!!!!!!!!?)
Anyways, I'd like to know if Jason Campbell comes back, does he start?
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:40 pm

I don't rate the Walker-trade as the worst of all-time. The Elway, Favre and Young trades were worse IMO.

Walker was an all-in type move, but it didn't hurt the Vikes. They were very successful in the 1990's. Wheras, the Colts, Falcons, and Bucs STUNK for years after dealing HOF QB's.

.. and if the Falcons hadn't struck gold with a brilliant front office hiring, I would rate the Vick-trade ahead of Walker too. That could have crippled that franchise, and I'm still shocked it didn't.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:46 pm

For the record Many said Cam couldn't pass accurately, as is said about just about every black athletic QB. I could pull out all types of examples but that is a different topic different time,

As far as being the worst trade ever, I wasn't actually serious. Aha I'm surprised many thought i was. But it is bad. Carson is not what he was, he hasn't played. Gave up way to much, and now you may have divided your locker room. The team seemed to like Campbell. Now with this you basically said F*ck you Campbell. A this could divide your locker room because the players may feel that you don't care about Campbell. And B they may worry if they get injured will they just be thrown aside too. Horrible move for the Raiders.

And how would the Vick Trade have crippled the Falcons? He was the whole team every year he was there.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:44 pm

NFLVICK7 wrote:And how would the Vick Trade have crippled the Falcons? He was the whole team every year he was there.

A #1 pick, a player the Falcons pinned the hopes of thier franchise to was sentenced to time in federal prison. Unheard of. Other than Mike Tyson, I can't recall an another athlete in his prime go through anything like that.

That should have absolutely destroyed the Falcons franchise.

NFLVICK7
MVP

Postby NFLVICK7 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:13 pm

AaronS wrote:
NFLVICK7 wrote:And how would the Vick Trade have crippled the Falcons? He was the whole team every year he was there.

A #1 pick, a player the Falcons pinned the hopes of thier franchise to was sentenced to time in federal prison. Unheard of. Other than Mike Tyson, I can't recall an another athlete in his prime go through anything like that.

That should have absolutely destroyed the Falcons franchise.

OOHHH. Well that doesn't make it a bad trade. He gave them 5-6 good seasons. And No one could predict that happening.

But I get what you mean. I thought you ment as in Vick was a bad player.
The Eagle's Hopes And Dreams

slive360
Veteran

Postby slive360 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:23 am

A few pointers I like to make out 1st pick 2012 draft our teams weaknesses or needs are being addressed by rookies growing.

CB such as rookies Chimidi Chekwa and DeMarcus Van Dyke who have improved from what I saw in the preseason, RG will be needed when Cooper Carilse retires where we have 2 youngsters as well developing in Joseph Barksdale and Bruce Campbell.

Team is young as it is except defence where the age is rather balanced. Some people actually admitted they struggled to even make a mock draft because they don't even know who to take in the 1st round.

Carson Palmer from a video 2 months ago I remember seeing him working out using the speed ladder and throwing the ball looked perfectly fine for a 31 old also Rich Gannon was how old when he came to Oakland? 34 we traded the Bucs 2 picks for Gruden and everyone said we got ourselves a steal with that trade deja vu anyone?

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:57 pm

The Carson Palmer trade was a ripoff. If I were the Raiders, I would have gone into the Free Agent pool. There are a variety of players in there, and it would be better than crippling your future draft prospects. Let's face it, what's the worst that can happen: Go to free agency, you lose a few games. Go to Palmer, you basically forfeit any real improvement the next season, plus risk a setback for the one after that.

slive360
Veteran

Postby slive360 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:33 am

We shall see won't we thing is I've learnt to treat trades, FA, and drafts all the same; to give it more then 1 week to criticise and grade it.

Return to “Oakland Raiders”