Predictions for Antonio Brown's season in Oakland?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:41 am

Who thinks Antonio Brown will be a big factor for the Raiders passing game?

or

Who thinks (like myself) that the whole John Gruden, Raiders and Brown experiment will immensely backfire and will end up like T.O. and the Eagles.....a diva receiver who after the losses start to mount will be a headcase and drag his team down with distractions......I'm going with AB doesn't even crack 1000 yards....maybe 800 if he's lucky for the season and the raiders miss the playoffs with a 8-8 record......
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Re: Predictions for Antonio Brown's season in Oakland?

Postby Austinmario13 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:10 pm

I feel like hes gonna bitch about his helmet more.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:14 am

I don't know. I'm not worried so much about Brown as I am about how Gruden will use him. I feel like the team has been a bit of a mess since Gruden came back. Obviously I'm not in the know, but that's just my perception. I hope for Raiders fans I'm wrong, but that's my feeling of it all.

But I suspect he'll be whining about his helmet all year.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:30 am

I'm pretty sure a lot of people will avoid drafting him in their fantasy leagues....I just don't have faith in the brown and carr connection and definitely not in their nutty coach Gruden.....I think the raiders finish 8-8 at the bottom of the AFC West and miss the playoffs.
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:38 am

He is showing that Pittsburgh was smart on trading him. He will play but it may be in a role that has less playing time.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:30 pm

Hmm ... remember that time Randy Moss went to Oakland and had an unimpressive season? Yeah, I think that's what'll happen to AB on the field. Off the field, well ... you have the helmet chronicles, and he is capable of mounting heavy distractions. Just wait until the losses come rolling and the pointing starts.
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:24 am

Damn the season hasn't even really started yet for most teams and already Antonio Brown is fulfilling my prophecy (and others) of being a headcase/distraction. He may not even ever play a Raiders game is what some are even suggesting but I doubt that as Oakland paid draft picks to get him.

Antonio is now practicing to be a qb by throwing.....punches that is.... :lol: or at least he threatens his GM with them haha.....

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:01 pm

I am disappointed in the entire situation with AB. It's sad to him fade to black this way! It's frustrating as a fan because of how he exits the game. But WE in ChiefsNation don't wallow in this. We have one less stud to worry about. Without AB the Raiders will be 4-12, 5-11 or no better than 6-10 out west, while Chiefs and Chargers dominate the division again! Too bad Raiders GM didn't see this coming! He's the best in the NFL at scouting for talent!

Edit: I wonder what Mike said to him to make him snap!

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:46 pm

Hmm ... I think it's clear AB is not right in the head. To me this looks like it will last a fair bit, possibly with a suspension thrown in (Which would extend this for weeks).

MikeWest502 wrote:I am disappointed in the entire situation with AB. It's sad to him fade to black this way! It's frustrating as a fan because of how he exits the game. But WE in ChiefsNation don't wallow in this. We have one less stud to worry about. Without AB the Raiders will be 4-12, 5-11 or no better than 6-10 out west, while Chiefs and Chargers dominate the division again! Too bad Raiders GM didn't see this coming! He's the best in the NFL at scouting for talent!

Technically, AB started all of that. And even WITH AB, the Raiders' ceiling is 6-10. Without him, I say 3-13 would be good, with 5-11 being optimistic.

ultimatum77 wrote:Damn the season hasn't even really started yet for most teams and already Antonio Brown is fulfilling my prophecy (and others) of being a headcase/distraction. He may not even ever play a Raiders game is what some are even suggesting but I doubt that as Oakland paid draft picks to get him.

Antonio is now practicing to be a qb by throwing.....punches that is.... :lol: or at least he threatens his GM with them haha.....

He's playing the part of T.O. really well. I wonder if he'll play the part of Randy Moss at the Raiders.

*As a Steelers fan, all of this that's happening with the Raiders and AB makes me smile*
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:53 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:I am disappointed in the entire situation with AB. It's sad to him fade to black this way! It's frustrating as a fan because of how he exits the game. But WE in ChiefsNation don't wallow in this. We have one less stud to worry about. Without AB the Raiders will be 4-12, 5-11 or no better than 6-10 out west, while Chiefs and Chargers dominate the division again! Too bad Raiders GM didn't see this coming! He's the best in the NFL at scouting for talent!

Mayock called him "frosty the snowman" because his feet were cold and frostbitten plus his game is now on ice :lol: and just like frosty he melted away because he couldn't take the heat.... 8-)

what's the difference between UPS and AB? One delivers on the weekends while the other refuses to show up during the weekend.....

they don't call the raiders the black hole for nothing.....it's where talent goes to die.....

Return to “Oakland Raiders”