Breaking News: Raiders Accept Lynch

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Beast Mode in Oakland

Postby JSamuel » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 am

Seahawks Wire - Running back Marshawn Lynch will be traded from the Seahawks to the Raiders Wednesday, according to NFL Media's Mike Garafolo.
The teams will swap late-round picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, and Lynch will agree to a one-year contract, Garafolo reported. The deal is contingent upon Lynch passing a physical, which is standard for any potential trade.
Garafolo also reported Lynch will take that physical Wednesday, upon returning from Haiti, where he has been helping build homes and schools.
The trade has been expected for several weeks. The Raiders, who saw Latavius Murray sign with the Vikings this offseason, get one of the better running backs of his generation. The question is how Lynch, who turned 31 Saturday, will hold up after sitting out the 2016 season.

Beast Mode in Oakland

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Re: Beast Mode in Oakland

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:55 am

JSamuel wrote:Seahawks Wire - Running back Marshawn Lynch will be traded from the Seahawks to the Raiders Wednesday, according to NFL Media's Mike Garafolo.
The teams will swap late-round picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, and Lynch will agree to a one-year contract, Garafolo reported. The deal is contingent upon Lynch passing a physical, which is standard for any potential trade.
Garafolo also reported Lynch will take that physical Wednesday, upon returning from Haiti, where he has been helping build homes and schools.
The trade has been expected for several weeks. The Raiders, who saw Latavius Murray sign with the Vikings this offseason, get one of the better running backs of his generation. The question is how Lynch, who turned 31 Saturday, will hold up after sitting out the 2016 season.

Oakland's offense should improve then ;) . Good for them.
Meanwhile, our Pats are looking for a (better) RB. :mrgreen:

I still think their defense should also improve, maybe look for a new DT to strengthen up the D-Line.

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Breaking News: Raiders Accept Lynch

Postby Kevin5455 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:16 am

Will this mean that Raiders offense will become stronger? Or are there still missing pieces?
Do the Raiders have what it takes to win with 4th strongest schedule?

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Re: Breaking News: Raiders Accept Lynch

Postby NickyJ » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:17 pm

Both Lynch threads merged. One thread is enough to cover it.

Anyway, I wish that Seahawks vs. Raiders preseason game was before week 4. That and the first Monday night game would be pretty interesting to see.

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:00 pm

NickyJ wrote:Both Lynch threads merged. One thread is enough to cover it.

Anyway, I wish that Seahawks vs. Raiders preseason game was before week 4. That and the first Monday night game would be pretty interesting to see.

I apologize; whenever I posted there was no other thread. Thank you for merging the two.

I think Marshawn Lynch will be useful in Oakland, but he won't be as good as he was with the Seahawks.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:14 pm

JSamuel wrote:
NickyJ wrote:Both Lynch threads merged. One thread is enough to cover it.

I apologize; whenever I posted there was no other thread. Thank you for merging the two.

You don't have anything to apologize for. Yours was first by over an hour. :lol:

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Something seems rotten in Seattle.

The Percy Harvin situation was utterly bizzare.

Golden Tate allegedly wrecked Russell Wilsons first marriage.

Richard Sherman is on the outs.

And Beast Mode retired for a year rather than collect a VERY nice paycheck, then forced his way out of town.

.. the last 2 are just bad. 2 cornerstones of the franchise, 2 of the faces of their success.

... anyway, I'll be rooting for this guy. Congrats to Raiders fans on this one.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:08 pm

AaronS wrote:Golden Tate allegedly wrecked Russell Wilsons first marriage.

Richard Sherman is on the outs.

But Sherman isn't on the outs. They wanted a 1 and a 3 for him and no one bit, so he's remaining a Seahawk.

And where on earth did you hear that Golden Tate bit?
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

AaronS
Hall of Fame

Postby AaronS » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:26 pm

RevanFan wrote:But Sherman isn't on the outs. They wanted a 1 and a 3 for him and no one bit, so he's remaining a Seahawk.

And where on earth did you hear that Golden Tate bit?

Tate denies it, but it's been a rumored since their first Super Bowl;

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/16/golden-tate-denies-rumors-about-russell-wilson-percy-harvin/

Whether it's true or not, it took off like wildfire in the local media, and Wilson divorced shortly thereafter...

Return to “Oakland Raiders”